Is a 2nd reprice allowed

15 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If I already did a reprice with a cruise booked for next summer can I do another one before final payment date?

Royal does not have a limit, but a travel agent might.

Just now, Arzeena said:

I see what you mean.
Ours does not have a a limit, but for every reprice he snips off our OBC accordingly.

Not unexpected, as the price goes down, so does the agent's commission.

Some agencies charge a fee for price drops.  These are questions that should be asked before booking wth n agency.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Some agencies charge a fee for price drops.  These are questions that should be asked before booking wth n agency.

And why we never book with an agency:classic_wink:

• Like 2

Love booking my own cruises and I check prices twice a week for changes.  I have 2 cruises booked in April and have already got lower prices 6 times.  Saved over $250 on one and just over $500. on the other.  Granted sometimes I am only saving $10. when I call but every little bit helps!!

Edited by thjeepster
error
  • Like 1

My TA  ignored my requests for a price drop , cost me several hundred dollars .

Didn't use them on last cruise ,  booked with RCCL , saved several hundred dollars by calling RCCL directly 

for price drops .

I only used the TA as they were linked with my credit card and I got triple points if I dealt with them ,

but those triple points aren't worth that much . I let them know not to call me anymore .

booked a balcony on Oasis for last September, was checking prices and a JS on the same deck popped up for ~$300 more than we had paid for the balcony so we called RCL and upgraded. The $300 upgrade price was long gone a few hours later. If we had used a TA, we would have still been in a balcony.

Booked a balcony on a 4-night Mariner sailing next Monday, and a JS popped up at a lower cost that what we originally booked the balcony for. Not only upgraded to a JS, but found out that on the following 3-night, the cost for a JS was also lower than what we had originally booked the 4-night balcony for, so we're now doing a B2B. I doubt I could have even explained that combo to a TA, let alone count on them to execute it in that short of an opportunity window.

6 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Wow - I have an awesome TA who regularly checks for price drops and emails me - he's found three price drops for our upcoming Panama Canal cruise and never charges a fee for anything.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, loman said:

My TA  ignored my requests for a price drop , cost me several hundred dollars .

Didn't use them on last cruise ,  booked with RCCL , saved several hundred dollars by calling RCCL directly 

for price drops .

I only used the TA as they were linked with my credit card and I got triple points if I dealt with them ,

but those triple points aren't worth that much . I let them know not to call me anymore .

I had the same situation happen. TA was linked to my credit card rewards program. I solved that, I just found a different TA.  This one great for responding and dealing with things expeditiously. A quick email and I know that things are done.  No sitting on hold for CSR's who sometimes know less than I do about Royal's policies and procedures.

Thank you for this information.   I did a reprice on 3 future cruises for 2020 and just wanted to make sure I could do again as I only ever did it once before.

Have fun cruising everyone. 

Look forward to our b2b in january. On serenade ots for 21 nights.