Water Usage Limit in Cabin - Seriously?

DinaS

I just read a recent review on here (September) for the Escape, and this was in the review:

"Bring your own silverware. Limit water usage in cabin to three gallons a day, after which you pay a surcharge. Clean your own cabin. Limit lighting to one 10 watt bulb in the   cabins, bring your own flashlight."

I get that some folks like to exaggerate, but there is exaggeration, and then there are just plain lies.

I get that they didn't enjoy their cruise, but.... this?  Really?

3 minutes ago, DinaS said:

I just read a recent review on here (September) for the Escape, and this was in the review:

"Bring your own silverware. Limit water usage in cabin to three gallons a day, after which you pay a surcharge. Clean your own cabin. Limit lighting to one 10 watt bulb in the   cabins, bring your own flashlight."

I get that some folks like to exaggerate, but there is exaggeration, and then there are just plain lies.

Can you link that please?

THX.

@DinaS You did read the sentence immediately preceding the one you quoted? For those that won't click the link but enjoy context, the review begins as follows: "How the mighty have fallen. From wonderful cruises on Breakaway and Getaway to the first cruise I can honestly say I regret taking. Everything possible has been done for NCL to cut expenses and increase customers cost, although I have a few ideas to help them I will share later in this review. No lobster night, check. Most blasé repetitive tasteless food possible, check, featuring piles of fatty undercooked bacon to start your day. Entertainment as little as possible, check. Two hour plus to check in, check. I’ll stop there and give a few ideas for NCL to cut costs further..."

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

@DinaS You did read the sentence immediately preceding the one you quoted? For those that won't click the link but enjoy context, the review begins as follows: "How the mighty have fallen. From wonderful cruises on Breakaway and Getaway to the first cruise I can honestly say I regret taking. Everything possible has been done for NCL to cut expenses and increase customers cost, although I have a few ideas to help them I will share later in this review. No lobster night, check. Most blasé repetitive tasteless food possible, check, featuring piles of fatty undercooked bacon to start your day. Entertainment as little as possible, check. Two hour plus to check in, check. I’ll stop there and give a few ideas for NCL to cut costs further..."

I read the sentence immediately preceding the one I quoted.  He said he would share his ideas LATER in the review.  

LOL

22 minutes ago, DinaS said:

I read the sentence immediately preceding the one I quoted.  He said he would share his ideas LATER in the review.  

LOL

The entire review is like two paragraphs.  You clearly misread it entirely.

Here it is:

How the mighty have fallen. From wonderful cruises on Breakaway and Getaway to the first cruise I can honestly say I regret taking. Everything possible has been done for NCL to cut expenses and increase customers cost, although I have a few ideas to help them I will share later in this review. No lobster night, check. Most blasé repetitive tasteless food possible, check, featuring piles of fatty undercooked bacon to start your day. Entertainment as little as possible, check. Two hour plus to check in, check. I’ll stop there and give a few ideas for NCL to cut costs further. Bring your own silverware. Limit water usage in cabin to three gallons a day, after which you pay a surcharge. Clean your own cabin. Limit lighting to one 10 watt bulb in the cabins, bring your own flashlight. I have a few more but I will stop here.

It's fairly easy to see that starting from "No lobster night" to "two hour plus to check in", the reviewer is listing what's already been done by NCL to cut expenses.

S/he then says "I'll stop there and give a few ideas for NCL to cut costs further".  And then there are the further suggestions.

Huge eyeroll at your clear misunderstanding.

• Like 1

My 2 Escape cruises are among the best cruises I’ve ever taken.  Can’t really tell what happened with the OP’s cruise.  But, nothing in the title of this thread is remotely true!  CC needs to lock this thread because it simply does not have an iota of truth to it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DinaS said:

You missed the sentence right before the one you quoted:

I’ll stop there and give a few ideas for NCL to cut costs further."

Crystal clear the reviewer was giving their facetious idea of what NCL can do next to cut corners. So no, not seriously.

1 hour ago, kodesthemoose said:

The entire review is like two paragraphs.  You clearly misread it entirely.

Here it is:

How the mighty have fallen. From wonderful cruises on Breakaway and Getaway to the first cruise I can honestly say I regret taking. Everything possible has been done for NCL to cut expenses and increase customers cost, although I have a few ideas to help them I will share later in this review. No lobster night, check. Most blasé repetitive tasteless food possible, check, featuring piles of fatty undercooked bacon to start your day. Entertainment as little as possible, check. Two hour plus to check in, check. I’ll stop there and give a few ideas for NCL to cut costs further. Bring your own silverware. Limit water usage in cabin to three gallons a day, after which you pay a surcharge. Clean your own cabin. Limit lighting to one 10 watt bulb in the cabins, bring your own flashlight. I have a few more but I will stop here.

It's fairly easy to see that starting from "No lobster night" to "two hour plus to check in", the reviewer is listing what's already been done by NCL to cut expenses.

S/he then says "I'll stop there and give a few ideas for NCL to cut costs further".  And then there are the further suggestions.

Huge eyeroll at your clear misunderstanding.

And here's a huge eyeroll right back at 'ya.  

Have a great weekend.

1 hour ago, DinaS said:

And here's a huge eyeroll right back at 'ya.  

Have a great weekend.

Don't be all upset at everyone else because you started a bunk-ass thread...essentially a troll trying to get people all riled up. Better luck next time.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DinaS said:

Am guessing a very unhappy guest that was not prepared for some extra charges on the cruise. I would be inclined to say: the comments were made more "tongue in cheek" Not one thing that you mentioned is even remotely correct. I doubt many people would think there was truth to this.