cabin drop/taxes increased!?

tokidoki

3 hours ago, tokidoki said:

Anyone know why when I got a price reduction on the Bliss, the taxes increased?  I dont recall it happening prior to this cruise? same BF cabin. thx

Fuel price increase, tax increase, port fee increase

Calculation mistake? NCL's way of getting back at you? etc etc etc?
Keep us posted, I would like to know too.

Totally can happen. Price dropped 25 bucks on a cruise but taxes/fees had increased 30. Had to wait until a price drop large enough to cover tax increase. 

The ports can change what they charge at any time - luckily NCL doesn't ask you to pay the difference as long as you don't change your booking. Change your booking and everything is at current rates. 

12 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

Things like taxes and port charges are not set by the cruise line but by the ports so there is nothing unusual about this. The minute you change a booking you are giving up your old reservation and booking a new one with new prices, possibly including taxes. 

booking wasnt changed!  thats Y I am curious y my res # and cabin is still the same BF?

1 hour ago, Zippeedee said:

Do you having dining as a perk? The cost went up a few months ago and the gratuities increased. You would be charged the new amount with a rebook for a price drop.

dont need dining as a platinum cruiser, same cabin and res #.  Always take shore/wifi for free😍

On my Getaway cruise the cruise price went up but the taxes went down . The net was a small increase so I was fine with the change . I was also hoping that there would be a small credit onboard from reduced port fees . No such luck . 🤷‍♂️

On 10/11/2019 at 3:23 PM, tokidoki said:

'Anyone know why when I got a price reduction on the Bliss, the taxes increased?  I don't recall it happening prior to this cruise? same BF cabin. thx

I'm puzzled too by NCL's port/taxes/fees...and why NCL port charges/taxes/fees are higher than other cruise lines to start with, and can fluctuate?. Never seen this practice on other lines.