Cagneys Dress Code

teaser961

Cagney's is "cruise casual". 

Shorts/T-shirt is fine. 

Cruise Casual: the Freedom of Freestyle Cruising

Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men. Swimwear is acceptable at the buffet and outdoor restaurant, but a shirt or a cover-up and footwear are required.

Be sure to pack a sweater — the air conditioning can be chilly. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants.

Jeans can be worn in any NCL restaurant as long as they aren't "overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips" (have fun with the grammatical loopholes :classic_blush:). 

This upcoming cruise will be the first one where I do not pack anything remotely resembling "dressy"... the nicest thing I wear on a ship would be what I wear on an average day at work.

I remember the days of putting on a coat and tie... was fun at first, but now it's just useless weight to lug around in a suitcase. Good riddance to the dress code.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, teaser961 said:

Is it inappropriate for an adult male to wear shorts or jeans for dinner at Cagneys?

Simple answer: YES. Nice shirts and a nice shirt works well in most restaurants. Hubby rarely wears anything else except for Le Bistro and the Manhattan room. He always wears a nice shirt, not one wrinkled or faded. 

1 hour ago, PortFees45 said:

If Cagney's is going to serve steaks of a lesser quality than you'd expect at an Outback or even a Sizzler, then it should be no problem to wear shorts or jeans. 

I always get the filet at Cagney's and it is one hundred percent better than the Outback's filet.

14 hours ago, PortFees45 said:

If Cagney's is going to serve steaks of a lesser quality than you'd expect at an Outback or even a Sizzler, then it should be no problem to wear shorts or jeans. 

Hmmmm,,,, we dine at Cagney’s 5 or 6 times a year and have always thought that Cagney’s steaks were much better than outback or sizzler. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1