Cruise Critic Community
Frenchsnowhite

Private Transfers from Airport and from Cruise Port?

Do you have any good experience with a private transfer/shuttle company from Barcelona Airport and then from Barcelona Cruise port to the airport?

Thanks !

We used J&G Elegance Cars and were pleased. 

Private transfer/shuttle is unnecessary.  Taxis are plentiful and good value.

We disembarked the EPIC on Sept 22.  We watched the NCL buses fill up and depart; decided they were too pricey for our group of 4.

A taxi is a fixed rate of 39E.  However we had a late flight, 1pm,  so we didn't join the taxi line until 9am, at which point the line wasn't moving!   (At 7:30am there were only 12-15 pax in line).  We stood there for an hr with about 300 pax ahead of us then gave up and took a private shuttle bus at 17E pp. It was about a 20-25 minute ride.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:45 AM, mapleleaves said:

We disembarked the EPIC on Sept 22.  We watched the NCL buses fill up and depart; decided they were too pricey for our group of 4.

A taxi is a fixed rate of 39E.  However we had a late flight, 1pm,  so we didn't join the taxi line until 9am, at which point the line wasn't moving!   (At 7:30am there were only 12-15 pax in line).  We stood there for an hr with about 300 pax ahead of us then gave up and took a private shuttle bus at 17E pp. It was about a 20-25 minute ride.

We are arriving in Barcelona in a couple of weeks at 7.10 am  and I guess it will take up about an hour to be out at the taxi rank.   Can you tell me if you saw details of the private shuttle near the exit point as you clear customs?   Did the private shuttle go direct to the port or were they dropping off people at hotels in Barcelona as well?  With riots in Barcelona, want to stay away from the hotel area.   Thanks

I took the private shuttle from the pier to the airport.  Sounds like you want shuttle info for the reverse direction.  I don't have any info about that route.   Sorry. 

If you have dafety concerns, I suggest a cab. It's only a few euros more than the shuttle.  A cab is a fixed rate of 39E  (for 4 pax and 4 suitcases),  whereas 2 shuttle tickets would be 34E.  

Edited by mapleleaves

Sorry yes from the airport.  The long queue would most likely have been disembarking cruise passengers which probably would not be so at the airport.  I will probably take a taxi.   Thanks anyway.

Highly recommend Welcome Pickups. We used them twice in Athens then this last Saturday we used them from ship to airport in Barcelona. 46 euros for a man with your name on a board to collect you right from the cruise terminal. And he was early! We will use them again. Two passengers, two large cases and two small.

On 10/21/2019 at 7:13 AM, margbem said:

Highly recommend Welcome Pickups. We used them twice in Athens then this last Saturday we used them from ship to airport in Barcelona. 46 euros for a man with your name on a board to collect you right from the cruise terminal. And he was early! We will use them again. Two passengers, two large cases and two small.

I also highly recommend Welcome Pickups.  I have used them twice in Barcelona and once in Athens, and I have them booked for my November cruise from Barcelona.  Their prices are reasonable, the drivers are friendly and helpful, and they’re on-time.  They give you a small tote bag and bottle of water for each person, and a map.