Cruise Critic Community
Gram_Dude

How much did you pay for your FIRST cruise and when?

15 hours ago, Petunia1950 said:

I thought my first "cruise" was on SS United States in 1963.  My sister reminded me today that my first "cruise" was actually in 1952 on the USNS Fred C. Ainsworth from California to Honolulu.  I guess I was just destined to sail ... on military transport ships.  I don't remember much about the Ainsworth though, so I'm not sure it really counts.  😉

USNS Fred C. Ainsworth (T-AP-181)

1 hour ago, sail7seas said:

My first cruise was on the 'then'  Royal Princess in about 1972.   That was about 100+  cruises ago  and thus have no idea hows much we paid.  I can't  remember  how much   I paid for my cruises   this past May

.image.png.b86d03e4624f42c432c52bd01f2af46b.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Morning S7S, if it was 1972, are you sure it wasn't Island Princess? Royal Princess did not see the light of day until christened by HRH Princess Diana in 1984

28 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

USNS Fred C. Ainsworth (T-AP-181)

Ha!  Not quite as pretty as the United States, but it did get us from point A to point B, which was its purpose!  Thanks for finding and sharing!

On 10/14/2019 at 12:02 PM, mcrcruiser said:

......she is now owned by who bought Crystal  cruise line & it is a all suite ship  . Very pricy  but happy that she has another useful life 

Sad to say SS United States is not currently "at sea". She's docked in Philadelphia at Pier 82 near the USS Olympia. A preservation group called the SS United States Conservancy continues to try to raise funds to save the ship. BTW - a trip to Penn's Landing in Philadelphia and a tour of the Olympia is well worth your time.

Our first cruise, 1989, was on Alaska Airlines frequent flyer miles!  Free.  We did have to upgrade a level for a better cabin and had shore excursions etc to pay for though.

vefrseion of

On 10/21/2019 at 12:54 PM, Copper10-8 said:

Morning S7S, if it was 1972, are you sure it wasn't Island Princess? Royal Princess did not see the light of day until christened by HRH Princess Diana in 1984

I know we were on the Old Royal Princess but I could have made another of my infamous typos.........    .  1982 🤷‍♀️      Sorry

I am Very sure I have never seen  nor   set foot  on a ship named   Island   Princess. 

image.png.e7587801a74d3bc091a227108dc5e401.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Edited by sail7seas