townplace suites by marriot

nicoleslp

On 10/12/2019 at 5:32 PM, Texas Tillie said:

If you don't have a car, it's pretty far out Seawall Blvd. Perhaps the local Galveston people will know but there's not much showing when you zoom in on the map.

Walmart is fairly  close 

Edited by ssb

I too have booked this Marriott for a stay in December.  I couldn't believe it was only $67 for a Friday night stay(AAA rate) and we will be leaving on the Vista on Saturday Morning.  BUT we will not have car and will have to walk or Uber for dinner that night, thinking Jimmy's on the Pier as a simple solution.  This begs the question for my situation, should I just stay at a hotel near Houston Hobby and shuttle down on Saturday morning or take an Uber/Lyft on Friday afternoon down to Galveston?  Thoughts or experiences anyone?

27 minutes ago, lasvegascruising said:

I too have booked this Marriott for a stay in December.  I couldn't believe it was only $67 for a Friday night stay(AAA rate) and we will be leaving on the Vista on Saturday Morning.  BUT we will not have car and will have to walk or Uber for dinner that night, thinking Jimmy's on the Pier as a simple solution.  This begs the question for my situation, should I just stay at a hotel near Houston Hobby and shuttle down on Saturday morning or take an Uber/Lyft on Friday afternoon down to Galveston?  Thoughts or experiences anyone?

Jimmy on Pier is decent . 

Come on down . 

1 hour ago, Texas Tillie said:

Isn't Walmart at 69th? Marriott Towneplace is down at the end of the seawall, isn't it? Close enough in a car, but I'm not sure I'd want to walk it there and back. 

Check the Galveston Island Trolley schedule and route . 

32 minutes ago, lasvegascruising said:

ssb, do you think it is an easy walk from the Marriott to Jimmy's on the Pier?  The highway looks a little scary to cross.

Highway is easy to cross out there .