Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Jeter02

Medallion App Linked Bookings

Recommended Posts

Well.... My saga with medallion app continues, as I've now entered week 3 with no solution to why 4 of my upcoming Sky Princess bookings be will NOT link to my account. an ocean alligator myself have been clued it that when I had this problem for my upcoming Regal cruise this November at they it guys may have potentially work the way around the problem to get it to link but never officially fixed the problem with my account as all my future bookings won't link at all. I have about three tickets right now open for it to get ahold of me and to correct the problem. The last ticket I opened up the beginning of the week was from customer relations who put a note in to expedite the IT department to electrify the problem immediately so I can order my medallions.

 

princess needs to come up with a way or a system for people to order their medallions for their upcoming Cruise that's not via the app. My dad who will be traveling along with me on two of the sailing dates on the sky is it his own cabin but he was able to order all his stuff and I'm the one who pays for everything and I can't even order any of mine.

 

I'm hoping the problem gets a rectify before my December cruises so I don't have to wait in the regular check-in line and I could do the express check-in like I've done several times failing on a medallion class ship. 

 

I want my full Medallion experience which includes my express check-in, as it just makes the travel experience 10 times more convenient. Fingers crossed it gets fixed soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

 

I want my full Medallion experience which includes my express check-in, as it just makes the travel experience 10 times more convenient. Fingers crossed it gets fixed soon.

 

 

Apparently the full Medallion experience includes extreme frustration in setting it up pre-cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend had the exact problem that you are having and they never were able to correct the problem.  I had to order her Medallion for her.   When we boarded the ship my apps crashed constantly and they could not correct the problem.  We gave up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, caribill said:

 

Apparently the full Medallion experience includes extreme frustration in setting it up pre-cruise.

And onboard too 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

My friend had the exact problem that you are having and they never were able to correct the problem.  I had to order her Medallion for her.   When we boarded the ship my apps crashed constantly and they could not correct the problem.  We gave up.

Say j don't have that option, as my dad my dad is sailing in a separate cabin from me. you can only order someone else's medallion for them if your only sharing a cabin with them, which kinda stinks since our bookings technically linked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, caribill said:

 

Apparently the full Medallion experience includes extreme frustration in setting it up pre-cruise.

Tell me about it.

 

I've done about 10 Medallion sailings prior and never had a problem with the set up until recently, which now includes nothing ever wants to be linked ever again to the app for me. LOL 😂 They've had about a month correct the problem, so the better fix it 

 

I think the biggest problem with the app is they keep adding more and more stuff to it complicating it all which then leads to all these problems.

Edited by Jeter02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine is finally working.  Mine was so odd, it would only show me and not my husband.  When I clicked "Get Ocean Ready" it would launch the ocean.com site in safari.   Also, the 6 "Circles" that you tap on to enter info, etc. was screwed up.   I only had 3 circles available to tap on.   I had to send screenshots to Princess for them to see what I was seeing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My app yesterday said I wasn’t online. Now it won’t allow log on with booking numbers or password. Data in account was all wrong...dates, cabin number, CC level, etc. I have cruise October 26 and have medallions, but next cruise November 6, with 3 days in between, I cannot access to order medallions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were apparently working on it this morning. the app is now working as earlier would say that something wrong with the server.

2 minutes ago, Bethcb said:

My app yesterday said I wasn’t online. Now it won’t allow log on with booking numbers or password. Data in account was all wrong...dates, cabin number, CC level, etc. I have cruise October 26 and have medallions, but next cruise November 6, with 3 days in between, I cannot access to order medallions. 

that's my current problem right now where I can order any medallions for my cruises December and on. And IT guy had to go into my account to fix it for my November sailing but that was I want that a half ago he did that. So whatever they did, they did not fully fix the problem with my account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 3 of my future cruises linked with my Medallion account/app.

I agree with WWW in post #7 as I have had some of the same issues over the last few days.

It seems to be working for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want the Medallion and it's app...is that an option? I'll be on the Regal for 15 days in 2 different cabins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've read on another board, if you go to the front desk and ask to opt out of Medallion, you can request a card.

12 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I don't want the Medallion and it's app...is that an option? I'll be on the Regal for 15 days in 2 different cabins.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Say j don't have that option, as my dad my dad is sailing in a separate cabin from me. you can only order someone else's medallion for them if your only sharing a cabin with them, which kinda stinks since our bookings technically linked.

Bummer 😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeter02,  here are a few suggestions.

1. Princess IT told me that since Sky is  not officially sailing until 20 Oct;  some of the bookings may not show up in the medallion class app.  Once it is christened and fully operational; then all the sailings should be accessed via the app

2. You can order medallion via the ocean.com weblink

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The above reports of recent poor experience led me to check Medallion Class app.  I noticed that for our upcoming Nov cruise that "all of a sudden" we were showing as missing Passport info.  But it was there.  And when I tried to edit it, that function did not work.  We were still set up for Medallion delivery.  I decided to call in.

 

The OCEAN rep eventually escalated my call and she spoke to a "Tier 2" support person.  While she was off the phone, I noticed that my logo and wife's would switch from orange to green and back again - sometimes one and sometimes both of us.  Made me wonder if a tech was playing around with our record.  Anyway, I then noticed that the EDIT icon was working and I could review our Passport info and see it was fine.  I then checked boarding passes and they now showed OCEAN Ready.  But then one or both of us would change to orange spontaneously and the BP would indicate not OCEAN Ready.  Weird indeed.

 

When rep came back on the phone, I told her what was going on.  I don't think she really knew anything much and didn't have an explanation other than perhaps some computer glitches.  She had been telling me I must be O Ready if I have a Medallion order.  (Of course, I explained to her that we were O Ready some time back and therefore could request shipment, but now showing otherwise). 

 

I finally concluded by closing app when we were both fully green surrounding our pictures and will check again in a day or two, presuming some sort of system errors.  Hopefully, I just ran into a temporary glitch.

 

 

From what I could tell, the app was working fine.  I notice that all the old features are now implemented in Medallion Class app.  This includes the stateroom account review, so no more need at all for the browser access (although I did prefer it's presentation for shipboard activities, with my preference still being the paper Patter for overall review of things in one spot and would really be happy with a PDF of it posted to the app).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I don't want the Medallion and it's app...is that an option? I'll be on the Regal for 15 days in 2 different cabins.

The cruise card option is always available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

Jeter02,  here are a few suggestions.

1. Princess IT told me that since Sky is  not officially sailing until 20 Oct;  some of the bookings may not show up in the medallion class app.  Once it is christened and fully operational; then all the sailings should be accessed via the app

2. You can order medallion via the ocean.com weblink

 

Thanks. I'm pretty and great at troubleshooting, but even customer relations when I spoke to them a few days ago has a my account is completely a mess. And I have tried the actual desktop web page and I still can't do anything because it will state that my bookings don't match up to my name of any sorts. And there's like six bookings that apparently won't match up. the fact that the ship is not officially in service yet is actually not the case. That's IT saying that to by themselves sometime of not knowing how to solve the problem.

 

I do appreciate your thoughtfulness and time with your lovely suggestion so. Thank you very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steelers36 said:

The above reports of recent poor experience led me to check Medallion Class app.  I noticed that for our upcoming Nov cruise that "all of a sudden" we were showing as missing Passport info.  But it was there.  And when I tried to edit it, that function did not work.  We were still set up for Medallion delivery.  I decided to call in.

 

The OCEAN rep eventually escalated my call and she spoke to a "Tier 2" support person.  While she was off the phone, I noticed that my logo and wife's would switch from orange to green and back again - sometimes one and sometimes both of us.  Made me wonder if a tech was playing around with our record.  Anyway, I then noticed that the EDIT icon was working and I could review our Passport info and see it was fine.  I then checked boarding passes and they now showed OCEAN Ready.  But then one or both of us would change to orange spontaneously and the BP would indicate not OCEAN Ready.  Weird indeed.

 

When rep came back on the phone, I told her what was going on.  I don't think she really knew anything much and didn't have an explanation other than perhaps some computer glitches.  She had been telling me I must be O Ready if I have a Medallion order.  (Of course, I explained to her that we were O Ready some time back and therefore could request shipment, but now showing otherwise). 

 

I finally concluded by closing app when we were both fully green surrounding our pictures and will check again in a day or two, presuming some sort of system errors.  Hopefully, I just ran into a temporary glitch.

 

 

From what I could tell, the app was working fine.  I notice that all the old features are now implemented in Medallion Class app.  This includes the stateroom account review, so no more need at all for the browser access (although I did prefer it's presentation for shipboard activities, with my preference still being the paper Patter for overall review of things in one spot and would really be happy with a PDF of it posted to the app).

 

 

no it's definitely not you it's completely the app. My dad and I were sharing a cabin on our upcoming November Regal Cruise. It goes back and forth being temperamental with being green and orange. But when it's spoken to an OSHA navigator they said all of our documents and required information or all there. And just to ignore the app. As they to say the computer system in app is super temperamental with medallion. 

 

Once again I'm starting to contemplate if everything is becoming more temperamental ever since they started making more and more the ships Medallion. Because the last time I was on a medallion Cruise was back in spring before all the others became officially medallion. They IT department can't keep up, perhaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2019 at 12:54 PM, Jeter02 said:

I want my full Medallion experience ......... Fingers crossed it gets fixed soon.

 

It would appear you are. Your father got jipped as the full Medallion experience usually includes several calls and multiple trouble tickets.  

Hope your trip goes well. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We embark tomorrow on the Caribbean Princess.  I have been trying for about 5 weeks to get the MedallionClass app to work.  I was never able to get it working and neither was the IT department.  I could not order the medallions either.  Was told to deal with it at the pier.

What a pain that I gave to take time to do this instead of just getting on the ship.  And now with the delayed embarkation it could be more of a pain!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Thanks. I'm pretty and great at troubleshooting, 

 No matter how frustrating something is, there is always something to smile 😊 about… 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Say j don't have that option, as my dad my dad is sailing in a separate cabin from me. you can only order someone else's medallion for them if your only sharing a cabin with them, which kinda stinks since our bookings technically linked.

 

If you sign in with your dad's booking number, you can pretend to be him and order his Medallion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cheeseclan said:

We embark tomorrow on the Caribbean Princess.  I have been trying for about 5 weeks to get the MedallionClass app to work.  I was never able to get it working and neither was the IT department.  I could not order the medallions either.  Was told to deal with it at the pier.

What a pain that I gave to take time to do this instead of just getting on the ship.  And now with the delayed embarkation it could be more of a pain!!

Ugh. That is exactly what I am trying to avoid. if you give him five weeks to fix it to me there's no excuse why it's not fixed. In my case it is worth 12 times in the past and if I can get it rectified for all the upcoming 10 Medallion cruises I've got booked and I have to go and take care of it at the pier every single time that's not right either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2019 at 3:54 PM, Jeter02 said:

Well.... My saga with medallion app continues, as I've now entered week 3 with no solution to why 4 of my upcoming Sky Princess bookings be will NOT link to my account. an ocean alligator myself have been clued it that when I had this problem for my upcoming Regal cruise this November at they it guys may have potentially work the way around the problem to get it to link but never officially fixed the problem with my account as all my future bookings won't link at all. I have about three tickets right now open for it to get ahold of me and to correct the problem. The last ticket I opened up the beginning of the week was from customer relations who put a note in to expedite the IT department to electrify the problem immediately so I can order my medallions.

 

princess needs to come up with a way or a system for people to order their medallions for their upcoming Cruise that's not via the app. My dad who will be traveling along with me on two of the sailing dates on the sky is it his own cabin but he was able to order all his stuff and I'm the one who pays for everything and I can't even order any of mine.

 

I'm hoping the problem gets a rectify before my December cruises so I don't have to wait in the regular check-in line and I could do the express check-in like I've done several times failing on a medallion class ship. 

 

I want my full Medallion experience which includes my express check-in, as it just makes the travel experience 10 times more convenient. Fingers crossed it gets fixed soon.

I am having the opposite problem; it shows one of my bookings twice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jangor said:

I am having the opposite problem; it shows one of my bookings twice!

Oh! That's a new one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...