Vegetarian at Guy's Burgers

estrawn

2 hours ago, coevan said:

The grills I see are full of burgers. Unless you have a severe meet allergy, the slight cross contamination won't kill you. 

I think it has to do with personal beliefs and feelings more then a fear it will kill or cause harm greater then being exposed to carcinogens.

3 hours ago, ed01106 said:

Vegetarians don't eat animals - beef, chicken, fish etc.

Vegans don't eat animal products - all of the above plus eggs, dairy/milk, honey, also they won't wear leather or fur. 

Add pescetarian to the list which is getting super popular.  Person that eats vegetarian plus seafood.

I've been all of the above at one time or another.

5 hours ago, BNBR said:

This is literally our experience everytime we get happy meals, lol.  Hold the patty.  Usually they put extra cheese. Kids love it.  McD really should just have a cheese sandwich option for kids.

My vegetarian friends do this and have basically ordered at Guys on the Sunshine, just order without the patty!

1 minute ago, Host Carolyn said:

My vegetarian friends do this and have basically ordered at Guys on the Sunshine, just order without the patty!

It's what we did!  Glad we aren't the only ones at Guys doing it.

21 hours ago, BNBR said:

This is literally our experience everytime we get happy meals, lol.  Hold the patty.  Usually they put extra cheese. Kids love it.  McD really should just have a cheese sandwich option for kids.

I've heard of this at Chick-fil-a too.  Ordering the chicken sandwich with no chicken and it ends up being a very inexpensive cheese sandwich.

20 hours ago, coevan said:

The grills I see are full of burgers. Unless you have a severe meet allergy, the slight cross contamination won't kill you. 

Wow 😮 I'm surprised someone who works in food service is so indifferent to cross contamination.  Even if it doesn't kill someone they can get very sick if they have an intolerance.  Eating something that falls on the floor likely won't kill you either from the slight amount of germ transfer but I still wouldn't advise it.

Carnival seems to recognize that some passengers are concerned with cross contamination and provide a separate cooking area for the vegetable burger. 

• Like 1

Who said I was indifferent to cross contamination. If you have severe allergies you should inform your server. I do not have a seperate flat top to toast gluten free bread. When in doubt don't order it. We can try all we want but we don't know your allergies or celiac problems unless we're are told. I doubt Carnival has a seperate flat top for your veggie burger at Guys., unless they are cooking it in the Galley. I have never seen a separate grill. 

When you wrote that "the slight cross contamination won't kill you" I read it as indifference.  

I have read other posts where passengers with special diet needs do inform their server and accommodations are made, such as frying a veggie burger in a separate area.  What I have read is it is a pan, probably like what they have at the omelet stations.  I doubt Carnival has a separate full size flat top either, but it does appear they have a work around.  Just because you and I don't see something (and as someone who doesn't have food issues I'm not overly watching for one) doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  Rather than when in doubt don't order, I would when in doubt ask.  Someone who asks at your establishment will know not to eat there, but I have seen places with dedicated toasters for GF breads.