Help! Need a snorkel recommendation ASAP...

Djdarleen

Carnival canceled the tour we had scheduled for a reef snorkel and starfish garden. I don’t care to do the stingrays, just a good snorkel on the reef. Carnival moved us to a reef and wreck snorkel featuring the USS Kitiwake; but reviewers say the wreck is 80 feet down, too deep for most to free dive. The other problem I have with it is the original tour was at 8 am, the new one starts at 11:30, right in the heat of the day, and by that time everyone and their dog will be in the water! Please help with either local tour operators or an alternative shore excursion company. Our cruise is next weekend, time is of the essence! Thanks for your help. 

You can take a cab or the bus to Cemetery Beach.  It’s a 20 or so minute ride  and a short walk from the main road down a pathway to the beach. No facilities whatsoever. Cemetery Reef is a short paddle from the beach and is pretty good.  We left the ship fairly early and were done by 11:30.  Called the same cab driver that dropped us off and waited for her out at the road.  Headed back to Georgetown for lunch and a little shopping.  Take water with you.

otherwise you can look at Captain Marvin’s website and see if they have a snorkel only trip.  Hope you find something that suits you.

Thanks Life’s A Beach! I did check Captain Marvins website, they only do private charters outside the Stingrays. Too pricey. So, the reef isn’t too far from shore? My 77 year old mother and her 85 year old husband will be with me...

they are both strong swimmers.

just walk over to Eden Rock .... there's a dive shop there for renting gear.  Jump in and the site is a short swim out.

being nearest the cruise landing it CAN get a wee bit crowded however so I prefer to head about 1/2 mile down the road to Sunset House. Same deal .... dive shop right there for renting gear.  If you have gear no charge for a nice 'shore' adventure.

https://www.edenrockdive.com/

https://www.sunsethouse.com/