Cruise Critic Community
lorri111

Taxi from EZE to hotel in BA and to port - how much?

48 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Defrantur- I have tried to contact this company by email and using their website contact too.  No response.  It has been several days now.

I am very surprised--I always receive a reply within a day at most. The only email I have is the one on their site: info@defrantur.com. 

I will email Laura and ask whether they are having internet problems.

I am currently in BA.  The fare from the airport to my downtown hotel was $26 US using taxi Ezeiza from their booth inside the terminal .  They took cash but declined CC.  I did not get the rate in Argentine pesos as I had not yet converted any cash.  Obviously the rate into other parts of town may vary but that should give you a rough idea.  They were happy to take dollars.  The hotel has estimated the rate to the port at roughly 250 pesos but again it would depend on your hotel location 

7 hours ago, wheezedr said:

I am currently in BA.  The fare from the airport to my downtown hotel was $26 US using taxi Ezeiza from their booth inside the terminal .  They took cash but declined CC.  I did not get the rate in Argentine pesos as I had not yet converted any cash.  Obviously the rate into other parts of town may vary but that should give you a rough idea.  They were happy to take dollars.  The hotel has estimated the rate to the port at roughly 250 pesos but again it would depend on your hotel location 

That is odd, I understood you could pay by credit card at the Ezeiza booth?

17 hours ago, wheezedr said:

Thanks for taking the time to prepare your posting. Always good to get info. from Folks who have "boots on the ground"

On 12/9/2019 at 12:05 PM, kjg46 said:

Good information in that thread re taxis and letter from Holland America January 2019.

We're in BA now and have taken taxis three times. One from the ship to our airbnb and two others. The one from the ship was a flat rate and very reasonable. The other two were metered and again very affordable. There were all black and yellow "Radio Taxis" and we felt 100% safe.

On 12/22/2019 at 6:56 AM, clo said:

We're in BA now and have taken taxis three times. One from the ship to our airbnb and two others. The one from the ship was a flat rate and very reasonable. The other two were metered and again very affordable. There were all black and yellow "Radio Taxis" and we felt 100% safe.

Do you remember the cost from the port to your Airbnb?  I have read that the taxis will often charge very high prices from there.  Did the taxi accept USD?  We will only have a very few pesos when we arrive.

Thanks