Alarm Clocks

scorpio123456

3 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Use your phone as an alarm clock.

DON

I’ve tried that and it was hopeless with time changes.  Definitely not a good substitute.  I missed the cabin clocks on Pursuit. Nice to just be able to keep an eye on the time with a traditional clock and they should buy some. 

Phil

• Like 4

5 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Use your phone as an alarm clock.

DON

That doesn’t work for me. My sleep pattern appears to involve me surfacing from sleep, looking at a clock, brain registering the significance of the time and either going back to sleep or waking up further.

i slept really badly on Pursuit which given that I was on for 42 days wasn’t good news.  We realised part of the issue was I was having to wake more fully, interface with the phone where sometimes the brain unfortunately engaged with other things it saw.  And as Phil said on occasions despite my best efforts with settings (which on a transoceanic can be frequent and fiddly if the ship is changing times at different points to the time at its positions) we had the wrong time. 

No premium hotel on land anywhere in the world I have visited does not provide a clock.

Azamara should do also on Pursuit, it’s penny pinching not to and reflects badly on the ship.  

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, uktog said:

That doesn’t work for me. My sleep pattern appears to involve me surfacing from sleep, looking at a clock, brain registering the significance of the time and either going back to sleep or waking up further.

i slept really badly on Pursuit which given that I was on for 42 days wasn’t good news.  We realised part of the issue was I was having to wake more fully, interface with the phone where sometimes the brain unfortunately engaged with other things it saw.  And as Phil said on occasions despite my best efforts with settings (which on a transoceanic can be frequent and fiddly if the ship is changing times at different points to the time at its positions) we had the wrong time. 

No premium hotel on land anywhere in the world I have visited does not provide a clock.

Azamara should do also on Pursuit, it’s penny pinching not to and reflects badly on the ship.  

Unfortunately penny pinching seems to be the way Azamara are going these days.

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Perhaps they thought that using the Pursuit App would provide the necessary and sufficient time check during the night.

However, as you point out, that necessitates a full commitment to get the information and a major disruption of sleep.

I now regret not mentioning that issue in the post cruise surveys.

15 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

No alarm clock on Quest early September. But do I remember that they were difficult to set?  I now use my phone but make sure it is somewhere that I need to get out of bed to turn off. 

Where did you sleep? There are black sitegel clocks in all suites. Maybe in time all cabins

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Even the time on the navigation channel was wrong for the ta on Pursuit. 

Phil 

And don't start me off on the clock by the pool on Pursuit which was 6 minutes fast for at least 35 days. I mentioned it a couple of times, once to the Assistant Cruise Director who looked at me as if I was crazy and took no notice. Eventually it was put right after I spoke to hotel. OK. It's a small detail, but on a ship and celebrating New Year to watch the time, very odd. 

Phil 

13 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

And don't start me off on the clock by the pool on Pursuit which was 6 minutes fast for at least 35 days. I mentioned it a couple of times, once to the Assistant Cruise Director who looked at me as if I was crazy and took no notice. Eventually it was put right after I spoke to hotel. OK. It's a small detail, but on a ship and celebrating New Year to watch the time, very odd. 

Phil 

and it was wrong for 24 days before you boarded and highlighted to the Cruise Director, Assistant and Hotel Director (though he went on leave during the period).  A minute out I can take, six minutes I cannot.  And on two occasions on the transatlantic it was one hour and six minutes out for most of the day before the hour change got sorted.

I really feel the no clocks decision was something that a millennial dreamed up and whilst they might be happy with their phone with or without an app if completed misses the typical view of the current Azamara customer base.  I am not quite following what is happening on Quest it seems to be hit or miss there.  Fingers crossed, Journey is business as usual as it was in September.  I agree they are fiddly to set and so instead we set the phone automatic system - really easy to do and in our experience absolutely fail safe (we do not call Guest Relations asking for a call in case the request is overlooked,  the auto system never overlooks - it also tells you at the end of setting it what time you keyed in for it to call you so honestly you would shouldn't go wrong ever)

8 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I’ve tried that and it was hopeless with time changes.  Definitely not a good substitute.  I missed the cabin clocks on Pursuit. Nice to just be able to keep an eye on the time with a traditional clock and they should buy some. 

Phil

One nice thing they did on the Quest Transpacific, where we had many time changes, was a line in the daily activity sheet advising which city/country to set one’s phone to for correct day and time.  I found it very helpful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisiamc said:

One nice thing they did on the Quest Transpacific, where we had many time changes, was a line in the daily activity sheet advising which city/country to set one’s phone to for correct day and time.  I found it very helpful.

Honestly, they were completely useless on Pursuit. Both Christmas/New Year and the ta from Rio to Lisbon. Hopeless. 

Phil 

27 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Honestly, they were completely useless on Pursuit. Both Christmas/New Year and the ta from Rio to Lisbon. Hopeless. 

Phil 

I do have to turn off the “Set Automatically” function on my phone, so it believes whatever I tell it.  Otherwise it goes a bit funny, and thinks we’re in all sorts of places we’re not! 😁

16 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

I do have to turn off the “Set Automatically” function on my phone, so it believes whatever I tell it.  Otherwise it goes a bit funny, and thinks we’re in all sorts of places we’re not! 😁

I did try that. Or at least I thought I did. It had a mind of its own and I wasn't the only one having trouble. 

Phil 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I did try that. Or at least I thought I did. It had a mind of its own and I wasn't the only one having trouble. 

Phil 

Correct I had awful trouble with my iPhone on the transatlantic.  Thats why I am fingers crossed that Journey have not thrown out their clocks in the last six weeks