Cruise Critic Community
singinalot

I’m back!! My Jewel of the Seas Greek Isles Travel Blog Round 2

Thanks for posting another wonderful review!  Looks like you had an amazing time 😎  Now you can focus on getting all those little details completed before your wedding!!  Please come back and post photos of the big day and tell us how it went!

thanks again for a fantastic review and thanks to Rambo for his attendance :)

hahaha I’ll be sure to tell him!

Thanks for taking us with you! Love that part of the world never get fed up in the med! We will be on Jewel for a b2b2b end of January, so looking forward to it.
Have a beautiful wedding day and all the very best! Dianne

ooh we would love to cruise that long! enjoy!

Thanks for the great review@singinalot!  I enjoyed last year's and this year's.  We are doing greek isles on Rhapsody next summer so I appreciate all your info.  We are also on your Allure cruise in January!  Happy Wedding Day.  Glad you got the sickness out of the way before that.  

have a wonderful time next year! I hope you’ll report back...
and say hi if you see me in January!

Thanks for posting another wonderful review!  Looks like you had an amazing time   Now you can focus on getting all those little details completed before your wedding!!  Please come back and post photos of the big day and tell us how it went!

Thanks Dana! I definitely will. we have snow the next 4 days but forecast so far is calling for 50 degree temps on the day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for another great review!  You have me excited for our cruise next September.  I've already contacted Carmine for our Naples stop and he replied immediately.  We went to Capri last time and a private tour of the Amalfi Coast sounds perfect.  A word of warning...once you go Business Class, you can never go back (especially when sleeping)!

Thanks for another great review!  You have me excited for our cruise next September.  I've already contacted Carmine for our Naples stop and he replied immediately.  We went to Capri last time and a private tour of the Amalfi Coast sounds perfect.  A word of warning...once you go Business Class, you can never go back (especially when sleeping)!

fantastic!!! you will have the most amazing experience. ooh I’m so excited for you!

i know I already plan to keep my eye on business class to Barcelona next October...ughh time to start racking up the miles on those cc offers

27 minutes ago, singinalot said:

i know emoji85.png I already plan to keep my eye on business class to Barcelona next October...ughh time to start racking up the miles on those cc offers

Omg, I can’t wait to hear what you think of your time in Barcelona. How many days do you have planned in the city?

Omg, I can’t wait to hear what you think of your time in Barcelona. How many days do you have planned in the city?

Our cruise leaves on sunday November 1...so far I’m planning we’ll fly out Wednesday arrive Thursday morning...explore all day...Montserrat on Friday....explore on Saturday which is Halloween...so that should be interesting

6 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Our cruise leaves on sunday November 1...so far I’m planning we’ll fly out Wednesday arrive Thursday morning...explore all day...Montserrat on Friday....explore on Saturday which is Halloween...so that should be interesting

I’m sure it will be great! I know you love to walk a city on your own. The Gothic Quarter is perfect for doing that kind of exploring. And (whether you do an in-depth review or not) I’m looking forward to your impressions of Barcelona. 😊

1 hour ago, aring75 said:

I’m sure it will be great! I know you love to walk a city on your own. The Gothic Quarter is perfect for doing that kind of exploring. And (whether you do an in-depth review or not) I’m looking forward to your impressions of Barcelona. 😊

I highly recommend Devour Barcelona for a walking food/wine "Tapas, Taverns, and History" tour through the Gothic Quarter.  Great night.

results are in on dinner....good American Italian but yeah not the same as reality

19 hours ago, aring75 said:

18 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I highly recommend Devour Barcelona for a walking food/wine "Tapas, Taverns, and History" tour through the Gothic Quarter.  Great night.

I believe the hotel I am going to book is right around the gothic quarter: Hotel Colon. I definitely plan to come back and do a review. I'll have to check out that food tour too!

40 minutes ago, Cpstarr777 said:

Thank you for the great review.  I just sent Carmine a deposit for the Amalfi Coast.  We can't wait!

fantastic! You won't regret it! come back and let us know how your trip was!

Loved the review.  The Greek Isles are on our list, but our next booking is a TA in April, 2021 (a long time to wait!).  

Best of luck with the wedding and hope you do come back and post photos.  I know you will be a beautiful bride!!

Loved the review.  The Greek Isles are on our list, but our next booking is a TA in April, 2021 (a long time to wait!).  

Best of luck with the wedding and hope you do come back and post photos.  I know you will be a beautiful bride!!

thank you so much!

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 3:25 PM, singinalot said:

in the pictures above you can see the prosciutto with buffalo mozzarella beneath....the kind that when you slice into it it just oozes with soft cheesy goodness

the zucchini pizza below...I’ve never had anything like it...I ate it all to myself! none for fiancé

381a029a02670a8e99dca473af8551a1.jpg

93ffaad1f643cd60928a568086ab423b.jpg

There was a family at the table next to us that we struck up a conversation with and are now friends with on Instagram. The two men bonded over their love of cars.

the potato gnocchi and ravioli....unbelievable

633176c241fe689494b1e4d4541872b9.jpg

668428a30ea804c1e11f5c39b0130e38.jpg

but wait....there’s more to this experience

Love the pics of Amaifi Coast! We will be there next June. I'm so looking forward to this port.

I really liked your blue dress. I don't think it would fit me since I'm only 5' length is always a problem

Edited by bettyboop16

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 3:03 PM, singinalot said:

we had our final breakfast aboard the ship on Saturday Oct 12.

breakfast views
116c9f871ebc09afd3d50c775545efd7.jpg

I was um in a carb mood and the sticky buns were new emoji2368.pngemoji2368.pngemoji2368.png and hot and fresh out the oven
50bcb23fa2f74107784b7af938a9c545.jpg

I had reserved our shuttle service for 9am so we went back to the room, got our bags and headed off the ship. Once again the absolute easiest debarkation ever.

afd089c7118f0c29eef74136e8130439.jpg

Once the 2 other families in our shared service were out we were off and on our way to Rome!

Love the back area of the Jewel. We had many breakfast & lunches there.

9 minutes ago, bettyboop16 said:

Love the pics of Amaifi Coast! We will be there next June. I'm so looking forward to this port.

I really liked your blue dress. I don't think it would fit me since I'm only 5' length is always a problem

I also have this short one by the same brand that I love! might be an option?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RL6B3RC/ref=twister_B07BQJ3G26?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

it’s getting real!

How exciting!!!!

You do realize you’re going to have to give us a couple of wedding pics, right? 😊

OMG!  I LOVE your dress!!! It's gorgeous!!!  Can't wait to see photos of you in it standing next to your new hubby in his suit next week! 👰 🤵 🍾 💍 💐 

thanks all! one week to go. made a final visit to the venue this morning and now it’s really getting real!
f399cdf6e8b5658346b6fd6df14f1a86.jpg