Cruise Critic Community
singinalot

I’m back!! My Jewel of the Seas Greek Isles Travel Blog Round 2

2 hours ago, Bimmer09 said:

Crystal, just making it over here now that I am done on the X board. Did you get a chance to sit and people watch here over a great cup of Roman coffee?

Norris, thanking you for the Sant Angelo pics as we just looked at it from the bridge

so glad to have you reading along now after your wonderful journal! 

you and Carol mustttt go in the Castel next time you are in Rome. It is definitely worth it IMHO.  We did not take a seat at the coffee shop unfortunately. 😞

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:38 AM, singinalot said:

897fb22857fa7906ba64cc27e024b36e.jpg

I kept this picture in my comments, because you guys look absolutely so much in love!!

Congratulations to you guys!!!

Crystal and Nate!!  Finally married!!

7 hours ago, singinalot said:

so glad to have you reading along now after your wonderful journal! 

you and Carol mustttt go in the Castel next time you are in Rome. It is definitely worth it IMHO.  We did not take a seat at the coffee shop unfortunately. 😞

No worries Crystal, I will visit the coffee shop next October and report back with photos!

Castel Sant Angelo figures in one of our favorite operas called Tosca but it looked very busy and we knew there were stairs to negotiate inside to get those great views you did so decided to stay at ground level and walk along the Tiber. 

It's Rome-every street is interesting and inviting!

Norris, congratulating you and Nate on your marriage!

I kept this picture in my comments, because you guys look absolutely so much in love!!
Congratulations to you guys!!!
Crystal and Nate!!  Finally married!!

I love that photo so much!

No worries Crystal, I will visit the coffee shop next October and report back with photos!
Castel Sant Angelo figures in one of our favorite operas called Tosca but it looked very busy and we knew there were stairs to negotiate inside to get those great views you did so decided to stay at ground level and walk along the Tiber. 
It's Rome-every street is interesting and inviting!
Norris, congratulating you and Nate on your marriage!

Ah, indeed. Many steps in the castle...i must have blocked that out of my memory from the pain of it

thank you Norris!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post them on the roll call Crystal. I know everyone wants to see them. Congratulations! It looks like it was a beautiful ceremony, and you look gorgeous! :classic_biggrin:

~Patti :classic_smile:

Post them on the roll call Crystal. I know everyone wants to see them. Congratulations! It looks like it was a beautiful ceremony, and you look gorgeous! :classic_biggrin:
~Patti :classic_smile:

Thanks Patti! I’ll do that!

still don’t have photographer photos but I did compile all the videos I received from family and friends....disclaimer: please excuse my endless tears and annoying sniffles. I am still not over whatever yuckiness I’ve had for 5 weeks now

Congratulations!  I have been checking every so often hoping for a wedding picture.  You guys looks beautiful.  Much happiness

On 11/13/2019 at 11:50 PM, PurpleTraveller said:

Thank you so much for sharing your special day. Everything looks wonderful including you and Nate. 😊

14 hours ago, cruisegal11 said:

Congratulations!  I have been checking every so often hoping for a wedding picture.  You guys looks beautiful.  Much happiness

10 hours ago, SenatorsFan said:

Thanks for sharing the video. There are so many touching moments there.

Heather

Thanks everyone!

On 10/20/2019 at 2:04 PM, singinalot said:

We took the first tender from the ship and had about an hour to kill before it got there. While we were waiting we met 2 couples who we ended up chatting with the whole time. Never did see them again after we got off the bus in Oia.

Your review is amazing! Thank you for all the tips!

Just curious: How did you manage to get off the ship before the crowd? Is that because of your C&A status? Cabin choice? or the Keys? I heard only the ship-organized tours get to get off early. 

Your review is amazing! Thank you for all the tips!
Just curious: How did you manage to get off the ship before the crowd? Is that because of your C&A status? Cabin choice? or the Keys? I heard only the ship-organized tours get to get off early. 

thanks Jenny! we never had any issues getting off the ship early. Even in Santorini. We just got in line right before official debarkation time as listed on the daily. We’re only gold. Honestly there was never really anyone in line with us...their loss!

The photos are gorgeous.  From reading the trip report in which you got engaged to seeing this beautiful wedding, it has been an absolute pleasure to follow in your travels!  I hope you continue to do trip reports!  Congratulations to you and your husband and best wishes for a long and joyous marriage!!  

43 minutes ago, singinalot said:

thanks Jenny! we never had any issues getting off the ship early. Even in Santorini. We just got in line right before official debarkation time as listed on the daily. We’re only gold. Honestly there was never really anyone in line with us...their loss!

Thank you for the quick reply! And congratulations on your big day!

Good to know about the debarkation line. I was thinking of the Key just because it's such a port-intensive itinerary and we'd like to get off early, but it's >$1K for the whole family. 

We are traveling almost the same itinerary next June. I am excited but also a bit nervous about the heat and the crowd. If it's that hot and crowded in October, June will be worse.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:27 PM, singinalot said:

still don’t have photographer photos but I did compile all the videos I received from family and friends....disclaimer: please excuse my endless tears and annoying sniffles. I am still not over whatever yuckiness I’ve had for 5 weeks now

Congratulations on your beautiful wedding. May you have many years of happiness!

Please tell me the name of the song playing at the beginning of your video. I hear it often, but can't catch the title.

@bettyboop16 thank you! It’s called Perfect Symphony by Ed Sheeran & Andrea Bocelli. We love this version.

Thank you for the quick reply! And congratulations on your big day!

Good to know about the debarkation line. I was thinking of the Key just because it's such a port-intensive itinerary and we'd like to get off early, but it's >$1K for the whole family. 

We are traveling almost the same itinerary next June. I am excited but also a bit nervous about the heat and the crowd. If it's that hot and crowded in October, June will be worse.

they key would be a waste IMHO

it will definitely be hot for you that’s for sure but honestly I wouldn’t worry about the crowds. The beauty of what you see is so overwhelming you mostly forget about it

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

@bettyboop16 thank you! It’s called Perfect Symphony by Ed Sheeran & Andrea Bocelli. We love this version.

Thanks!

beautiful couple - congrats to you both and I hope we meet again on another cruise!!

well...got the photos from the photographer and they are honestly awful. every single one is pixelated or cropped beyond printing capability...it’s devastating to be honest but Jm so thankful for the photos my friends and family randomly took.

these are from the photographer...I will say she did it for free so beggars can’t be choosers buttttt
7a339d7482abb079bb87b293cc9efb7a.jpg

]962847bd8e4685b5ac21a133bbfa5876.jpg

78caf7e8360458dd2c356beb45f2221b.jpg

I’ve looked forward to this blog for a year; thank you for the outstanding depiction of your cruise! The Med just can’t be beat. The pic of you guys dancing just captures it all; congratulations on your new marriage! Please take us along on your 2 Allure cruises! 😬