I’m back!! My Jewel of the Seas Greek Isles Travel Blog Round 2

On 10/15/2019 at 7:08 PM, singinalot said:

The reviews for Hotel Navona were mixed and it started to give me panic but in the end I am happy I stuck it out. I would not recommend this hotel for anyone with mobility issues though.

Hi,

I've just booked Hotel Navona (with free cancellation), following your posts (and my small budget😓).

Would you mind telling me about the mobility issues? No elevator? Too much steps? Thanks in advance,  

Hi,
I've just booked Hotel Navona (with free cancellation), following your posts (and my small budget[emoji29]).
Would you mind telling me about the mobility issues? No elevator? Too much steps? Thanks in advance,  

hi! when you enter there are about 4 (i think) steps to get to the elevator. so if you have a heavy suitcase that can be difficult for those with issues. once we got to the second floor to check in and were shown to our room it was down a winding hallways with about 3-4 stairs throughout. Just an old italian building :-) but such a great location!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
15 hours ago, singinalot said:

hi! when you enter there are about 4 (i think) steps to get to the elevator. so if you have a heavy suitcase that can be difficult for those with issues. once we got to the second floor to check in and were shown to our room it was down a winding hallways with about 3-4 stairs throughout. Just an old italian building 🙂 but such a great location!

Thank you so much, your detailed reply is very appreciated. We got it for 200 Euros, free cancellation, incl. b'fast. As u said, the location is what it is -- location, location, location😁.

Now that I have "a bird in hand", I'll continue to look for another "find".

BTW, the Palazzo Navona is 360 Euro per night....

right? yes I definitely plan to do that. I have them all on a USB so I'm praying someone can work some magic and it won't cost me a ton....

I could have had our grandmas take pics and they would have come out better!  Had I known....ugh....

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for your reviews! So enjoyed seeing the gorgeous photos of Greece along with your engagement and the wedding.  Planning on booking a Mediterranean cruise for either September or October so trying to decide which itinerary I want to go with so thank you for giving me an idea of what each place offers.  Congrats on your wedding!🙂

Thank you for your reviews! So enjoyed seeing the gorgeous photos of Greece along with your engagement and the wedding.  Planning on booking a Mediterranean cruise for either September or October so trying to decide which itinerary I want to go with so thank you for giving me an idea of what each place offers.  Congrats on your wedding![emoji846]

thank you!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
54 minutes ago, singinalot said:

HI all, I FINALLY finished my last vlog from this cruise. This vlog covers our final day in Rome post cruise. Enjoy!

Brings back fond memories especially under current conditions.

3 minutes ago, HD931 said:

Brings back fond memories especially under current conditions.

Thanks Michael! I thought so too. Was nice to transport back to fun times when I put this together. 

Thanks, C.

It was bitter-sweet to see many of the places I've already visited in Rome....

Just the other day I've cancelled our cruise out of Rome late Sept., as well as the hotel you've so graciously recommended.

No similar itinerary for next year, so not even a Lift + Shift....

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, C.

It was bitter-sweet to see many of the places I've already visited in Rome....

Just the other day I've cancelled our cruise out of Rome late Sept., as well as the hotel you've so graciously recommended.

No similar itinerary for next year, so not even a Lift + Shift....

oh I’m so sad for you!!! we have the Allure TA in November and there’s nothing similar for us to L&S too either. We’re missing the greek isles so much and I actually googled what it would take to move to an island in Greece 🤣

7 hours ago, silkismom said:

Nostalgia for the "good old days".

absolutely 💯 

living vicariously through our prior travels and so thankful we at least have these videos right now 😢

Loved your review and your gown was to die for! I wondered if you kept this November's cruise. We are on Allure Oct.18. Still not sure if we will go or cancel. Really want to see Rome and the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii.

4 hours ago, depplep said:

Loved your review and your gown was to die for! I wondered if you kept this November's cruise. We are on Allure Oct.18. Still not sure if we will go or cancel. Really want to see Rome and the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii.

I hope you get to go!  European cruises seem so questionable right now with so many lines cancelling for the rest of the year. I’ve cancelled our flights and hotel for the November TA so all I have is the actual cruise. At this point I’m 50/50 every day whether I want to deal with the political talk/mask wearing possibility, My work has all but told me that they “advise” against going. 😢

On 6/7/2020 at 10:10 PM, singinalot said:

oh I’m so sad for you!!! we have the Allure TA in November and there’s nothing similar for us to L&S too either. We’re missing the greek isles so much and I actually googled what it would take to move to an island in Greece....

9 hours ago, singinalot said:

I hope you get to go!  European cruises seem so questionable right now with so many lines cancelling for the rest of the year. I’ve cancelled our flights and hotel for the November TA so all I have is the actual cruise. At this point I’m 50/50 every day whether I want to deal with the political talk/mask wearing possibility, My work has all but told me that they “advise” against going. 😢

Hi, Crystal! You could Lift & Shift your Allure Transatlantic cruise to the October 28, 2021 Odyssey TA out of Rome. We moved our November Explorer TA to Odyssey, and a number of your fellow passengers on Allure have also Lifted & Shifted to the Odyssey TA.

The Odyssey cruises just prior to its Transatlantic are all in the Greek Isles. However, we already had the Oct. 15-27, 2021 Jewel Med & Greek Isles cruise from Barcelona booked, so we'll fly from Barcelona to Rome for the 1 night in between the two cruises.

Edited by NancyIL
4 hours ago, NancyIL said:

Hi, Crystal! You could Lift & Shift your Allure Transatlantic cruise to the October 28, 2021 Odyssey TA out of Rome. We moved our November Explorer TA to Odyssey, and a number of your fellow passengers on Allure have also Lifted & Shifted to the Odyssey TA.

The Odyssey cruises just prior to its Transatlantic are all in the Greek Isles. However, we already had the Oct. 15-27, 2021 Jewel Med & Greek Isles cruise from Barcelona booked, so we'll fly from Barcelona to Rome for the 1 night in between the two cruises.

Unfortunately we're just not interested in the TA sailings for next year 😞 We had really been excited for these ports. So sad!  

I came across your review 2 nights ago and its been my evening  reading.  Your pictures are beautiful and thank you for posting.  

Wishing you a lifetime of love, laughter and prosperity.

9 hours ago, ckmedsec said:

I came across your review 2 nights ago and its been my evening  reading.  Your pictures are beautiful and thank you for posting.  

Wishing you a lifetime of love, laughter and prosperity.

Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed the report as well!

On 6/10/2020 at 11:49 AM, singinalot said:

Unfortunately we're just not interested in the TA sailings for next year 😞 We had really been excited for these ports. So sad!  

The Odyssey's ports (Cartagena, Lisbon, and Funchal) are few, but nice enough. After a port-intensive Mediterranean cruise just prior - it will be nice to have a sea day between each port day. However, the major attraction of the Odyssey TA for me is that it will be on a  brand spanking new ship - and at the price of our inexpensive 2020 Explorer TA.

Edited by NancyIL
20 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

The Odyssey's ports (Cartagena, Lisbon, and Funchal)

We had excellent guides in Lisbon and Funchal, who thoroughly enhanced our experience. Let me know if you're interested.

Just cancelled our 27 Sept. 2020 Explorer amazing itinerary 😒.

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

We had excellent guides in Lisbon and Funchal, who thoroughly enhanced our experience. Let me know if you're interested.

Just cancelled our 27 Sept. 2020 Explorer amazing itinerary 😒.

Thank you for the offer, Dani, but we already have tours booked in Lisbon and Funchal with others on our roll call thread.

I'm sorry about your cancelled Explorer Med cruise. We were booked on b2b Explorer cruises in October (Holy Land) and November (Transatlantic). We cancelled the Holy Land cruise because it had a refundable deposit, and moved the Transatlantic to the October 2021 Odyssey Transatlantic. On the bright side - we're saving a lot of money on travel in 2020!

4 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

On the bright side - we're saving a lot of money on travel in 2020!

😁😁

We too r saving.... Apex pre-inaugural in April, DH's 70 b'day in Cyprus with kids+g'kids end of May, 2 weeks from now my annual visit to sister in Germany, and the last but not least, Explorer with said sister and our in-laws... 5K in airline tickets not yet refunded.

The Apex full payment I've moved before the "advent" of L+S to a 9 days (instead of 4) next May, in the hope that cruising will resume by then...

Sadly, the amazing Explorer itinerary is not "replicated" next year.

BTW, there was much touting and excitement here in the "Holy Land" about the Explorer visiting Israel. We rely a lot on tourism...