I’m back!! My Jewel of the Seas Greek Isles Travel Blog Round 2

4 hours ago, NancyIL said:

The Odyssey's ports (Cartagena, Lisbon, and Funchal) are few, but nice enough. After a port-intensive Mediterranean cruise just prior - it will be nice to have a sea day between each port day. However, the major attraction of the Odyssey TA for me is that it will be on a  brand spanking new ship - and at the price of our inexpensive 2020 Explorer TA.

a brand new ship would draw my attention too! I can’t wait to read the trip reports next year 😍

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

😁😁

We too r saving.... Apex pre-inaugural in April, DH's 70 b'day in Cyprus with kids+g'kids end of May, 2 weeks from now my annual visit to sister in Germany, and the last but not least, Explorer with said sister and our in-laws... 5K in airline tickets not yet refunded.

The Apex full payment I've moved before the "advent" of L+S to a 9 days (instead of 4) next May, in the hope that cruising will resume by then...

Sadly, the amazing Explorer itinerary is not "replicated" next year.

BTW, there was much touting and excitement here in the "Holy Land" about the Explorer visiting Israel. We rely a lot on tourism...

Im actually planning a trip to Jordan, Egypt and Israel for next year. 🙌🏻🙏🏻

20 hours ago, singinalot said:

Im actually planning a trip to Jordan, Egypt and Israel for next year. 🙌🏻🙏🏻

Happy for you 😍. I gather not on a cruise.

We live in a "volatile", albeit amazing, country... Sometimes, bad decisions in the part of our politicians can impact neighboring countries, especially Jordan😒. July 1st may be one of those. Try booking refundables.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Happy for you 😍. I gather not on a cruise.

We live in a "volatile", albeit amazing, country... Sometimes, bad decisions in the part of our politicians can impact neighboring countries, especially Jordan😒. July 1st may be one of those. Try booking refundables.

not a cruise! I'm planning a diy land vacay. we will rent a car in Jordan, and Ubers in Egypt. I haven't quite figured out Israel yet as I know it's best to have a tour or guide to cross the border. I'm looking at the fall of next year. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RTrLGqQhsao-AVQV1OicGq41xwlXIRHlwOLEXjAGNq8/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by singinalot
12 hours ago, singinalot said:

I haven't quite figured out Israel yet as I know it's best to have a tour or guide to cross the border. I'm looking at the fall of next year.

Fall is the best time to visit our region.

Pls. take into account that September usually is the "X-mas + NYE" in Israel.

I've looked out the holidays for 2021 --

Sept. 6-8 (Monday-Wednesday) -- Jewish New Year.

Sept. 15-16 (Wednesday-Thursday) - Fast Day (Yom Kippur) (which means that by mid-day on the 15th, the country comes to a standstill). AVOID those dates, it will be a waste of time from the touristic point of view.

Sept. 20-27.9 (Monday to Monday) -- "Sukkot" Festival -- tons of people in Jerusalem, and just about everywhere. Lots of people don't work, schools are out for the whole week.

Hotels are expensive during those holidays, lots of Jews from abroad are coming to visit and do the holidays with their families.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Fall is the best time to visit our region.

Pls. take into account that September usually is the "X-mas + NYE" in Israel.

I've looked out the holidays for 2021 --

Sept. 6-8 (Monday-Wednesday) -- Jewish New Year.

Sept. 15-16 (Wednesday-Thursday) - Fast Day (Yom Kippur) (which means that by mid-day on the 15th, the country comes to a standstill). AVOID those dates, it will be a waste of time from the touristic point of view.

Sept. 20-27.9 (Monday to Monday) -- "Sukkot" Festival -- tons of people in Jerusalem, and just about everywhere. Lots of people don't work, schools are out for the whole week.

Hotels are expensive during those holidays, lots of Jews from abroad are coming to visit and do the holidays with their families.

wow thank you so much! this is incredibly helpful

• 3 months later...