Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
singinalot

I’m back!! My Jewel of the Seas Greek Isles Travel Blog Round 2

Recommended Posts

Everywhere I looked there was something beautiful to photograph!

6fcf07f1777caf360db04c193cc868dc.jpg

a834f95e986a763a728e7b0d1e6055bf.jpg

154e822c3cd59316bc8ae8b5af4c896e.jpg

8c9cc878c54d510fc2e1d3e2847d8326.jpg68e1b24ec4aadb32817ea4382e24ec12.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving your review!  We are on the same itinerary in June and still deciding on some excursions so excited to see what you chose to do in the Greek ports. 

 

Would you recommend Brassai?  We have a VRBO booked just steps from the footbridge to the castle for a few days pre cruise.  Hadn't really considered touring the castle since it's our first visit to Rome but now might consider spending a little time in the morning before heading to Civvi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I didn't read through this entire post. But I do have a question.  Did you purchase The Key or have you noticed it at all on your trip?  We are doing a similar itinerary on Jewel and wondering if the priority disembark and tenders would have a lot of value on an itinerary like this.  Your thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2019 at 10:30 AM, singinalot said:


I did a travel haul from Amazon and got some great gadgets that really came in handy on this cruise. A couple things not mentioned in this video are wine skins and a 6 pack different lengths power cords for our apple products

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

You are holding the best gadget I have ever used!

And cannot beat the price! $44 plus a 20% coupon till 10/26 !!!!!! Getting a second one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mtmomof3 said:

Loving your review!  We are on the same itinerary in June and still deciding on some excursions so excited to see what you chose to do in the Greek ports. 

 

Would you recommend Brassai?  We have a VRBO booked just steps from the footbridge to the castle for a few days pre cruise.  Hadn't really considered touring the castle since it's our first visit to Rome but now might consider spending a little time in the morning before heading to Civvi.

 

hmmm I would recommend Brassai for the location because it's great, but I wouldn't say the food was memorable and I've had far better mozzarella in Rome. oh yes, if you do get time at the castle you will enjoy it!

 

 

12 hours ago, BNBR said:

Sorry, I didn't read through this entire post. But I do have a question.  Did you purchase The Key or have you noticed it at all on your trip?  We are doing a similar itinerary on Jewel and wondering if the priority disembark and tenders would have a lot of value on an itinerary like this.  Your thoughts?

 

hi, we did not purchase the key. We were actually able to get off and on the ship very easily at all ports and I definitely think it would have been a lot of waste for us.

 

8 hours ago, perfect match said:

Castle pics are beautiful! 😀

 

thank you! more to come.

 

3 hours ago, Mitchie872 said:

Loving the review. Cant wait to cruise with you on the T/A next year

 

can't wait!!!

 

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

You are holding the best gadget I have ever used!

And cannot beat the price! $44 plus a 20% coupon till 10/26 !!!!!! Getting a second one!

 

for real!  I brought it and the hair crimper on the cruise and that's all I needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the castle continued:
7585b5ea9a5104e1e680cd9d947ade6a.jpg

6244437754a2188d492339b6388c5695.jpg

We were initially going to walk over to the Vatican just to explore, but after seeing how busy it looked we decided to pass. Found out later the pope gave mass that day and that’s why.

We continued on toward our next destination...another site we did not visit last year
7a952b958a63ce3128347bc3d794399c.jpg

765817afb17cbce46a8aa5f2ec703a4d.jpg

Norris (Bimmer09) has mentioned this coffee shop and I had looked around for it last year but we stumbled upon it accidentally this trip as we continued walking
78e5361e609647ed8f49b8b162e17c3a.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We decided to climb to the top of the overlook.
9dfeed0cd735c92ce344e557b125666e.jpg

afbb86cb2270d81ffb746baf830f83ae.jpg

from there we were going to walk through the Borghese gardens but decided to continue on toward the Spanish steps.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by singinalot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9e47034f4ce55dc0fe98a3f3d727dc07.jpg

582e5a285f8eef8ada8616c0f51c9018.jpg

75343d11cdcf171713172b4039820e46.jpg

We continued on from there towards the Trevi Fountain but with another destination in mind...any guesses where we were really heading?

e0f4abb9b6d87d450a769b26047e51c7.jpg9127ad450f535dcb766b90de36015c71.jpg

e0992c9ffcd3abb183f4177fc0833cea.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

name and address of the coffee shop please?  I want to be sure and have a REAL Italian espresso in Rome next year!

loving your blog!  keep it up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

name and address of the coffee shop please?  I want to be sure and have a REAL Italian espresso in Rome next year!

loving your blog!  keep it up!

 

thank you!

This is the coffee shop:

Sant' Eustachio Il Caffè

Piazza di S. Eustachio, 82, 00186 Roma RM, Italy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, singinalot said:

 

thank you!

This is the coffee shop:

Sant' Eustachio Il Caffè

Piazza di S. Eustachio, 82, 00186 Roma RM, Italy

 

thank you!  did you stop and try the espresso?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

thank you!  did you stop and try the espresso?

 

we did not...however if Norris gives it kudos I trust his word...plus I’ve read a few other reviews that mention it as well

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:06 AM, singinalot said:

 

7f681bf7f9b0b6c5e10a4c605bee391f.jpg

 

I'm late finding this review!!  And I've been looking for it.

I'm going to catch up tonight with a hot chocolate!!

Cutie!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm late finding this review!!  And I've been looking for it.
I'm going to catch up tonight with a hot chocolate!!
Cutie!!


welcome! so glad you found it! I think you’ll see similarities to your trip.

This cutie is at the vet today to get 4 puppy teeth removed and be neutered. He’s gonna hate me from the trauma of leaving him for 2 weeks and following it up with today’s events


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, singinalot said:

 


welcome! so glad you found it! I think you’ll see similarities to your trip.

This cutie is at the vet today to get 4 puppy teeth removed and be neutered. He’s gonna hate me from the trauma of leaving him for 2 weeks and following it up with today’s events emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Just started you review...God live you guys. You've had a rough year. So glad things are starting to settle down for you all. 

 

We we had the same battle with our pup Gunther - parvo is tough but beatable.  We had our Gunther for 12 + happy years.  Hugs to your peanut....

IMG_9194.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just started you review...God live you guys. You've had a rough year. So glad things are starting to settle down for you all. 
 
We we had the same battle with our pup Gunther - parvo is tough but beatable.  We had our Gunther for 12 + happy years.  Hugs to your peanut....
IMG_9194.PNG.94bd6b8d903b8d60c8447825ac9f2455.PNG


114e7c168f0c7e5de758e4f764aaddfa.jpg

just got him home and he’s breaking my heart


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone guess where we were headed after the Trevi?
well if you guessed Altar of the Fatherland you are correct

53df6dbc32021489c6ae7b5a353e12eb.jpg

c1d256029db2a4daed9284a3084ee38f.jpg

f86a4616f10993b7b58ddd5b81bec4ad.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, singinalot said:

 


114e7c168f0c7e5de758e4f764aaddfa.jpg

just got him home and he’s breaking my heart


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Oh my!!!  Such a sad puppy.  Extra loving tonight....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7cec7ea51aad8cec011e06bc9391251c.jpg

27c6379e396e9ed77ee296b8960e6227.jpg

The view from the top is well worth the euros and elevator ride
80abd3b44726cbea51d21e17c652a2f2.jpg

e675cf4208e8f29487ac91bb5d3f04a4.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We stood in the place where Nate proposed and listened to the church bells for a bit before heading back down.
f2beebd1b166bb371dad68a0c71d7494.jpg

cdcc74536a1da7e0820bac9ccef7dceb.jpg

cf266edaaa96f43df6cfb207a30a98e5.jpg

d6040f0a64bedc40607b742027fc7af6.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...