Transportation to LAX

D&L Thomas

We’ve never cruised on the West Coast before, and we’ll be arriving to San Pedro at 6:15 am (Emerald Princess, Panama Canal).

What’s the best way to get to LAX other than a Princess transfer? Our flight is at 12:15 and Princess says that is 15 minutes too early. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I would take Uber...We've done it --from the pier to LAX and it was fast, easy and inexpensive.

Another option would be one of the shuttle companies--Super Shuttle, Prime Time Shuttle, others...but, it's a shared shuttle, so they'll wait to fill it up and could have delays and/or other stops (airport hotels, other terminals, etc.)

LAX is now making Uber passengers pick up their rides at an off-airport lot...but drop-offs are still allowed right at the terminal.

You won't really get off the ship at 6:15 am...but don't worry, you have PLENTY OF TIME to catch a 12:15 pm flight...Even if you are off the ship at , say, 9:00 am, and you use Uber...you'll be at LAX by around 10:00 am (it's only a 20 mile ride, virtually all freeway--on a Saturday or Sunday, 30-45 minutes...on a weekday, add about a half an hour for traffic)...

Check in early via internet...and best if you have TSA pre-check...Even without, you are still making your flight...

We recently had a 9:15 disembark time from the Coral (with the Royal also in port) and Lyft had us at LAX by 11.  This was a Sunday, YMMV on other days.  

This was my experience, please listen to other opinions as well.

We did a Supershuttle trip from San Pedro to LAX on our last trip. Walked up to a small minivan (so no pre-reservation), waited about 5 minutes for a few other pax to show up and fill the small van, and off we went. Drive time will depend heavily on the day of the week, We left San Pedro around 7:30AM on a Saturday and were entering LAX within 20 minutes, though it took another 10 minutes to get around to our terminal.

Re the comment that Supershuttle vans can make intermediate stops on the way to LAX, check with the driver first. Ours told me that some of their shuttle trips are direct to LAX and make no stops on the way, which was the case with our van.

I also noted that when we left there were virtually no taxis to be seen at SP.

• 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, diane.in.ny said:

I understand there is a new policy at the port. Pick up cars need to wait in a special lot and pax have to take a bus from the terminal to the lot.

I think you might be confusing that with the new policies at LAX as it applied to ride share vehicles.