Jump to content

Caribbean Princess boarding delayed tomorrow


Recommended Posts

We just got notice that the Caribbean Princess has had a slight increase in gastrointestinal incidents on board.  Therefore they will be doing an extra intense cleaning in port.  Now we cannot board until 3:00 but we all must be checked in by 6:00.

They made it very clear that the terminal doors will not be open until 3:00 because that too will be cleaned and sanitized.  They said if we arrive early we can check our baggage in and then go check out the neighborhood.

 

I was able to change our car service pick up to a later time.  Will probably still get there a little early, oh well.

 

Last time this happened to us the ship was amazingly clean and sanitized.  So much so that you could have eaten off the floor.  They also would not let us serve ourselves anything.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cheeseclan said:

We just got notice that the Caribbean Princess has had a slight increase in gastrointestinal incidents on board.  Therefore they will be doing an extra intense cleaning in port.  Now we cannot board until 3:00 but we all must be checked in by 6:00.

They made it very clear that the terminal doors will not be open until 3:00 because that too will be cleaned and sanitized.  They said if we arrive early we can check our baggage in and then go check out the neighborhood.

 

I was able to change our car service pick up to a later time.  Will probably still get there a little early, oh well.

 

Last time this happened to us the ship was amazingly clean and sanitized.  So much so that you could have eaten off the floor.  They also would not let us serve ourselves anything.  

 

We too, those that boarded in Quebec were subjected to this delay.  But there is little question that it paid off in the long run as the cases were negligible in comparison to that previous. Those of us returning to Quebec must disembark and can only return with general boarding after 3:00 pm.  Yes, we have been and will continue to be served under the most hygienic conditions for this upcoming cruise but that too will pay off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ONT-CA said:

 

We too, those that boarded in Quebec were subjected to this delay.  But there is little question that it paid off in the long run as the cases were negligible in comparison to that previous. Those of us returning to Quebec must disembark and can only return with general boarding after 3:00 pm.  Yes, we have been and will continue to be served under the most hygienic conditions for this upcoming cruise but that too will pay off.

I sure hope between the cleaning and less touching of things we can keep it at bay!

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, cheeseclan said:

We just got notice that the Caribbean Princess has had a slight increase in gastrointestinal incidents on board.  Therefore they will be doing an extra intense cleaning in port.  Now we cannot board until 3:00 but we all must be checked in by 6:00.

They made it very clear that the terminal doors will not be open until 3:00 because that too will be cleaned and sanitized.  They said if we arrive early we can check our baggage in and then go check out the neighborhood.

 

I was able to change our car service pick up to a later time.  Will probably still get there a little early, oh well.

 

Last time this happened to us the ship was amazingly clean and sanitized.  So much so that you could have eaten off the floor.  They also would not let us serve ourselves anything.  

We are here now in the terminal, checked in on Medallion, and have been waiting in the Elite Lounge for at least an hour.  They don’t know when the ship will be available to board, the coffee and pastries may be my lunch! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunset beach gal.    They made it very clear NO boarding until 3:00 pm due to the intense cleaning going on.  I am okay with this since I would prefer not to get 🤮.  We moved our car service to a 1230 pickup instead.

 

We have done this before and know that it will not happen earlier.  I am glad that you can sit inside as they have said the terminal will be closed until 3:00 as well.See you all soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cheeseclan said:

Sunset beach gal.    They made it very clear NO boarding until 3:00 pm due to the intense cleaning going on.  I am okay with this since I would prefer not to get 🤮.  We moved our car service to a 1230 pickup instead.

 

We have done this before and know that it will not happen earlier.  I am glad that you can sit inside as they have said the terminal will be closed until 3:00 as well.See you all soon.

There are quite a few people here, the Elite Lounge is full.  
 

We had nowhere else to go as we flew into LaGuardia this morning. Took car service over here and kept our fingers crossed!  

Edited by sunsetbeachgal
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, frugaltravel said:

Funny how people get there so early even when they know boarding won't start till 3pm. Kind of the board mentality I have seen in Alaska - if there is a line I guess i should stand in it 😀

Wonder if that might have to do with flight arrival times that can not be changed. Also I wonder if Princess was holding people at the airport who are taking the shuttle to alleviate some of the crowding.  We have a SIL on this cruise si I guess we will hear about upon her return.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Potstech said:

Wonder if that might have to do with flight arrival times that can not be changed. Also I wonder if Princess was holding people at the airport who are taking the shuttle to alleviate some of the crowding.  We have a SIL on this cruise si I guess we will hear about upon her return.

 

Also hotels that make you checkout by 11 AM.

Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI:   They want you to wash your hands before you go into the buffet.  Not a problem since hand washing stations are right there.  
The staff then serves you so you do not touch anything.  They even salt and pepper your food for you.

 

Have not heard of anyone that has gotten sick recently.  Just keep washing and using cleanser even if your hands become sandpaper 😩.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On the last three cruises, there has been deep cleaning and delayed boarding at the turn arounds..  Code red on all cruises.  The cruise from

NYC to Quebec City had 15 cases in late September.  The cruise down from Quebec City to NYC in early

October had 7 cases, mostly  staff, and entertainers.   The staff on the ship is tired and worked extra

from all the code reds.  The ones at the buffet are having the most problems.  They were told

to dish out small amounts of food. This cause many pax to take their anger out on them.  They even, with this ran out of several items five days into

the cruise.  This is a sick ship in many ways.  Stay away from it.    

Link to post
Share on other sites

Knock on wood we are all okay so far.  I have not seen anyone have issues with the staff in the buffet.  The people have been pleasant and the staff very friendly.  In fact they try to give you more food then you want!!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cheeseclan said:

Knock on wood we are all okay so far.  I have not seen anyone have issues with the staff in the buffet.  The people have been pleasant and the staff very friendly.  In fact they try to give you more food then you want!!

 

 

Very glad everything is going good for you !! Enjoy the rest of the cruise.

Tony

Link to post
Share on other sites

I never saw a problem with amounts of food being doled out.  Sometimes there would not be a server at a particular station and I would like around a flag one down rather doing it myself.

 

The only issue I felt was the food being somewhat mediocre but thats just me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, zalusky said:

I never saw a problem with amounts of food being doled out.  Sometimes there would not be a server at a particular station and I would like around a flag one down rather doing it myself.

 

The only issue I felt was the food being somewhat mediocre but thats just me.

I agree with the food just being mediocre.  Nothing that impressive at the buffet and in the main dining room fir dinner. It has only been a few days so will see if it gets better.

 

I will say that dinner in Sabatinis was very good the first night!

Link to post
Share on other sites

We did Sabatini's on our May cruise and Crown Grill on this cruise.  I have to say I was disappointed with Crown Grill this time.  The Filet was very good but I thought the sides were no better than Outback.  My wifes ribeye was dry and tough for a $29 cover it was not there.  Flanks for a $12 cover worked the best for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When I searched for Caribbean Princess, this popped up. Just great... a ship with noro issues stayed overnight in the Port of my home city. I surely hope the cruisers didn't share their joys with the rest of the folks in the City of Boston during their unexpected overnight here! 😮🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic's State of the Industry Report - Trends & Future Outlook
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...