Cruise Critic Community
Momma Rene

New Orleans Post Cruise

NCL booked us on a 7:30 pm flight out of New Orleans to journey home.  Anyone have any ideas on how to spend the day given we will have all our luggage?  Thanks.

I would just walk thru the mall to the Hilton Riverside and ask them to hold your luggage ( $ 5 TIP ) as if you were staying there. Then walk over to the french quarter, all are very close to the port. Spend the day sightseeing, have lunch, ect. When you are ready get your luggage and head to the airport.

Check out the BagBnB app.  Will be using them in NOLA on Jan 5 to hold our luggage.  There is a location right in the southwest corner of the French Quarter that will hold luggage.  Spend the day roaming the area, then grab a cab/uber from the location back to the airport.

On 10/15/2019 at 5:57 AM, shaneandpamela said:

Check out the BagBnB app.  Will be using them in NOLA on Jan 5 to hold our luggage.  There is a location right in the southwest corner of the French Quarter that will hold luggage.  Spend the day roaming the area, then grab a cab/uber from the location back to the airport.

Cool Ap

Too bad there is nothing listed for Galveston.  Ugh

I have the same situation. 8pm flight home.  I'm staying at the Marriott for 4 nights prior to the cruise so I'm going to ask them about keeping our bags for the day when we return from the cruise.  

We've cruised out of NO 3 times.    First 2 times we used Advanced Check in.   They took our bags to airport for us and we picked them up when arriving at the airport.

Last time we Walked over to Hilton Riverside and as stated above,  they do hold your bags for you for a small fee plus tip.   I don't recall the exact $$ but it was cheaper than Advanced Checkin.    We just walked around N.O. and then went back to Hilton,  picked up our bags and called a cab to the airport.