Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nieuw Amsterdam Neptune Suite SB5187

Recommended Posts

Is anyone familiar with this suite? It's one of the last available and we weren't sure about it's aft location. The concern is noise from above or below, ease of getting on/off for excursions.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aft suites are VERY popular. You won't have any issues getting on or off the ship. Is mobility an issue for you? Not sure why you are concerned about ease of getting on or off.

 

Noises won't be a problem. There are cabins above and below you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz said:

Is anyone familiar with this suite? It's one of the last available and we weren't sure about it's aft location. The concern is noise from above or below, ease of getting on/off for excursions.

 

Thanks!

Lots of people really like the views from the aft wrap Neptunes.  Since you are in a Neptune, you do get priority tenders and disembarkation.  Only negatives are 1) these are often a bit smaller than the other Neptunes (not enough to matter IMO) and 2) the long walk to the Neptune Lounge (deck 7 forward of the midship elevators).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had  sb5186, port side, this past May and loved it. Quiet,  and we are hooked on aft suites or balcony cabins.  Longer walk to the Neptune lounge, Crows Nest,  and Atrium than other Neptune suites,  but closer to MDR and Lido. Would get that location again (actually we did on the Oosterdam for March  😁).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DH and I had an aft Neptune Suite on the Oosterdam in Feb. and disliked the location immensely. It was so far from everything, especially the music venues, the Neptune Lounge, and the casino. The aft NS are smaller than the usual NS with the same amount of furniture and we were constantly knocking into something. We never would have selected this NS, but it was a Guarantee in order to get a deeply discounted fare. We got what we paid for. Our agent told us afterwards that the Guarantees receive the worst locations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I think we'll stick with the aft suite as we're not really interested in the on board entertainment or activities. This trip is more about the ports for us. The distance to the Neptune Lounge is a bit of a bummer, but I need the exercise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz said:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I think we'll stick with the aft suite as we're not really interested in the on board entertainment or activities. This trip is more about the ports for us. The distance to the Neptune Lounge is a bit of a bummer, but I need the exercise!

I hope you enjoy it.  When we booked an upcoming Neptune we had a choice of an aft or one floor below Neptune.  We chose the latter because my husband doesn’t like aft cabins because of sea sickness.  I’d love to have taken the aft cabin but happy hubby means more cruising 😁 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Djptcp said:

DH and I had an aft Neptune Suite on the Oosterdam in Feb. and disliked the location immensely. It was so far from everything, especially the music venues, the Neptune Lounge, and the casino. The aft NS are smaller than the usual NS with the same amount of furniture and we were constantly knocking into something. We never would have selected this NS, but it was a Guarantee in order to get a deeply discounted fare. We got what we paid for. Our agent told us afterwards that the Guarantees receive the worst locations.

What I THINK happens with Neptune guarantees is that HAL aggressively promotes upsells to Neptunes (to make more money of course) and these upsell offers usually are to SA cabins.  Once this is complete, THEN the guarantees are assigned.  I had this happen to me and a friend of mine once - I took an upsell and selected a SA cabin right by the Neptune Lounge, while he had a Neptune guarantee and was assigned a SB cabin one deck below the Neptune Lounge. 

 

You really cannot blame HAL for trying to maximise revenue (which I support as a stockholder!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I've booked a guarantee and got one of the aft Neptune suites with a wraparound deck, I thought I had hit the jackpot.  As far as the distance to the Neptune Lounge,  I figured I burned a calorie or two for every cookie, pastry, or finger sandwich I ate there.  Enjoy your suite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...