Cruise Critic Community
DizNaddy

Stone Island Mazatlan Tour

1 hour ago, seemoreroyals said:

We are going to be there next month and are going to give Stone Island a whirl.  We are suckers for all the cheap stuff the beach vendors sell as well.  There are some decent bargains to be had.  Which of the restaurants would be the best to hang out at?  I have heard good things about Lety's.  Any suggestions?

I can't remember which restaurant bar we were at, we drank beer and had guacamole chips and salsa, it was the liveliest place along the row, everybody was having a good time.

We love Letys for a number of reasons...good food ( mango salsa, shrimp kebabs ..) drinks and really nice people working there. We were there in September the day after a bad storm. The tide was high and they were still in the process of cleaning up after the storm . They were still very accommodating , making sure they saved us a lounge chair and umbrella for when the tide went down. When we were getting ready to leave, he told us that because they had no electricity from the storm they couldn't run a charge card. We had bought e few things from vendors and barely had enough money to pay the bill in cash...and not enough for a tip. He told us don't worry about it....pay next time we came back to Mazatlan...which we will be sure to do when we go again in January!

On 10/14/2019 at 1:41 PM, snowdogsmm said:

We just did Stone Island in August and it is very easy to do on your own.  We took the water taxi and walked down the beach to Lety's.  They set us up with 3 lounge chairs and two umbrellas.  Chairs and umbrellas are complimentary with the purchase of cocktails/beers and/or food.  We did a week long land vacation and our day on Stone Island was one of our favorites.  The beaches are very swim-able and the food was fantastic.  We even rented a boogie board through Lety's for my son.  Yes you can arrange ATV's, banana boat rides and pony rides on the beach as well.  I know someone who did an arranged tour and they felt they didn't have enough beach time.  Just really depends on what you are looking to do for the day but I can't recommend Lety's high enough.  Can't wait to go back in June.  Happy to answer any  other questions you may have.

We will be first timers and thank you for all the info.  Going to do this on our own!

Last week, there were two "bands" playing at one of the bar/restaurants on Stone Island, making a horrendous racket.  I don't know if this is an extortion scheme -- pay us and we will go away and stop making your customers miserable -- or what, but it will ruin Stone Island for me if it keeps going on.  Loud, discordant, miserable!

5 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

Last week, there were two "bands" playing at one of the bar/restaurants on Stone Island, making a horrendous racket.  I don't know if this is an extortion scheme -- pay us and we will go away and stop making your customers miserable -- or what, but it will ruin Stone Island for me if it keeps going on.  Loud, discordant, miserable!

That's not good, and hope it doesn't continue. The peace and quiet, tranquil vibe of SI is a big part of the whole experience for us.