"Big News" on October 15th?

iceman93

1 minute ago, BJzink said:

Any way I can see the "Big News"?

Can't link the live video.  I'll see when it's done if it's possible.

"High Score" on Oosterdam and will be on Ryndam and being brought out to the rest of the fleet - a game room for families.

It's live streaming now. Ryndam will sail Europe in summer 2021. Noordam updates. Club Orange fleetwide roll out ("an exceptional value.")

Enhanced youth program!! 😫 Huge game room called High Score.

Kristen Kish added to culinary council. She was very popular on Top Chef.

More to come...

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser
Added content

2 minutes ago, Cruiser Bruiser said:

"We're continuting to evolve our main stage entertainment." Cantare being added, but no explanation of what it is.

I wonder if it's the Cantare from ten years ago? That was the male vocal quartet in the "popera" style. It was actually the first show I ever saw on HAL.

My surprise was that he mentioned the "High Score" on the Amsterdam.  That ship is used mainly for Grand and World Voyages.  Not too many families are on that ship unless they go to Alaska in the summer.  I hope they will not move ships around for those voyages.

11 minutes ago, taxmantoo said:

A foosball table and a new salad maker?  Really exciting stuff? 

I really don't think this man has the skill or competencies to even manage a lemonade stand. 

yawn.png

I couldn't get over all the superlatives he was using when it came to the entertainment and food and the wonderful ratings 😉 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

A games room designed for kids and Kristin Kish added to the Culinary Council.... that's pretty much it. Kind of the opposite of "big news". 

13 minutes ago, Himself said:

Oh well is that all.  Sounds like Much adoo about nothing

Sadly, this seems to have become SOP for the cruise industry. I can attest to that, as a person who spent nearly a year on Sir Richard Branson's 'sucker list'.... er.... the 'Virgin Voyages pre-sale queue'. During that time, we got all sorts of 'sneak peeks' at sketches of public areas on the ship, the new pier design, even Virgin Voyages designs for their corporate headquarters, in Plantation Florida! Know what we did NOT get? Deck plans, cabin descriptions, itineraries, or prices. NO kidding -- those were not released until the day that booking for the Scarlet Lady opened!  I guess that was a good thing for VV, because once those mediocre itineraries came out, many folks on that list (me included) called to demand their pre-deposit back!

So yeah -- now, when any cruise line tells me to stay-tuned for big news -- it usually just gets a big...🙄

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, S&B said:

My surprise was that he mentioned the "High Score" on the Amsterdam.  That ship is used mainly for Grand and World Voyages.  Not too many families are on that ship unless they go to Alaska in the summer.  I hope they will not move ships around for those voyages.

I believe he said High Score on the Oosterdam.  The Amsterdam will not be in Alaska in 2020.

Oh, poor Orlando Ashford. With all the superlatives he used in the announcement, I'm afraid he won't have any new phrases to use when HAL actually introduces something impressive/exciting. This announcement was a real "nothing burger" and if this is what he thinks is "revolutionary" (his words, not mine) then he might be out of his depth in his current role. 

When HAL promoted the culinary announcement, I thought it would be something useful like more culinary demonstrations. Unfortunately, they wasted my time to announce a new consultant. Wow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, canadarocks said:

A games room designed for kids and Kristin Kish added to the Culinary Council.... that's pretty much it. Kind of the opposite of "big news". 

Games room is probably a good idea, but not for me. As for Kristin Kish, not a lot of know. Her own website has nothing on it except a link to buy her cookbook. Her "about" page is blank! What is up with that? I know HAL is eager to get "names" to tout, but why her? 

• Like 1

Just now, HALrunner said:

I missed the announcement? What kind of game room? Board games, video games, foosball, etc?

Foosball, air hockey, skeeball, I didn't hear about table tops, consoles, or arcades style games. We can hope. Family friendly gaming pubs are popular where we live now.