First ever upsell...a question about it

Go-Bucks!

I'm so excited...got my first-ever upsell offer and I took it!  (And this is the first time I booked directly with Princess...coincidence?).  I'm a solo and booked a deluxe balcony cabin on the Regal the day before yesterday...today I got an upsell offer for an S3 full suite (Caribe deck aft!!) for $85/pp/per day (5 day cruise).  I took it because I was in this type of suite 2 years ago and loved it.  I'm going to be on a B2B, with this being the first part.

Question: As a solo, do I still get 3 cruise credits for being a solo in a suite since I got a paid upsell?  I remember reading that free upgrades don't get the extra credits, but not sure if I'll get 3 since I paid (but obviously I didn't pay the "going rate"...I actually saved $1,120 over the current solo full suite rate!!).  I have 12 credits now, so if I get 3 for this cruise then I'll be Elite for the second part of the B2B.  That would be great because I have a balcony cabin booked for that part.

Any advice will be helpful...even though they upgraded my Travel Summary, Luggage Tags and Boarding Pass, my Cruise Credit history still says I'm going to get just 2 credits...hopefully they just haven't updated it.

Edited by Go-Bucks!
  • Like 1

Congrats!!

Yes if you pay you get the extra credits.

If you are comped an upgrade you do not.

On some upsells I was told that I may have to call to get the extra credit added manually after the cruise was completed. This happened twice and there was no issues adding the credit after I got home when I called the Captain Circle desk.

Just keep track of your cruise credits.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Congrats!!

Yes if you pay you get the extra credits.

If you are comped an upgrade you do not.

On some upsells I was told that I may have to call to get the extra credit added manually after the cruise was completed. This happened twice and there was no issues adding the credit after I got home when I called the Captain Circle desk.

Just keep track of your cruise credits.

Thanks for verifying that!  Since I'll still be on the ship for the next cruise, I imagine I can go to the Captain Circle rep and be sure I get the 3 credits so I'll be Elite for the second cruise...and get all the benefits.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I'm so excited...got my first-ever upsell offer and I took it!  (And this is the first time I booked directly with Princess...coincidence?).  I'm a solo and booked a deluxe balcony cabin on the Regal the day before yesterday...today I got an upsell offer for an S3 full suite (Caribe deck aft!!) for $85/pp/per day (5 day cruise).  I took it because I was in this type of suite 2 years ago and loved it.  I'm going to be on a B2B, with this being the first part.

Question: As a solo, do I still get 3 cruise credits for being a solo in a suite since I got a paid upsell?  I remember reading that free upgrades don't get the extra credits, but not sure if I'll get 3 since I paid (but obviously I didn't pay the "going rate"...I actually saved $1,120 over the current solo full suite rate!!).  I have 12 credits now, so if I get 3 for this cruise then I'll be Elite for the second part of the B2B.  That would be great because I have a balcony cabin booked for that part.

Any advice will be helpful...even though they upgraded my Travel Summary, Luggage Tags and Boarding Pass, my Cruise Credit history still says I'm going to get just 2 credits...hopefully they just haven't updated it.

Sounds good.

Location of your new cabin?  Or does it matter to you?

Enjoy your cruise.

7 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Sounds good.

Location of your new cabin?  Or does it matter to you?

Enjoy your cruise.

I said in my first post that it's a Caribe deck aft suite...the ones with the huge wrap around balcony and very separate bedroom. I was in one on Dolphin deck in 2017 and it was fantastic. 

Princess sent me 2 (identical) emails asking me to call back and leave a VM if I was interested. The email included the upsell fee but only said that it was either a Penthouse or Premium suite. I saw the email about 30 minutes after it arrived (I was working out at the gym) and called back immediately, leaving a VM. The rep called me back in 30 minutes and said that there were 2 suites left...a Riviera midship accessible one (with no bathtub) or a Caribe aft one...well, it was a no brainer! She charged my CC and sent a new confirmation immediately. This was 12 days before the cruise. 

Edited by Go-Bucks!
  • Like 2

Hmmm...just went back to the upsell email I got and read the "fine print."  It says that by taking the upsell, a person gets just 1 cruise credit!! I would get 2, but typically a solo in a suite gets 3. 

I plan to go to the Captain's Club rep to try and get 3 credits cuz I had to pay for the upsell. Hopefully it will work!

9 hours ago, voljeep said:

I actually emailed Princess about ours ... they emailed back that they were adding it as a courtesy ... but it is not

automatically done with upsells

Thanks!  Did you email them before the cruise or after? 

I will either email them or talk to the CC rep onboard.

My wife and I took an upsell from a BE balcony to an S4 suite earlier this year. We saw just 1 cruise credit each after we completed the cruise, so I called Princess as this was an upsell, rather than a complimentary upgrade and they added a new cruise to my cruise history with 1 cruise credit and zero days. 

• Thanks 1

After your upgraded cruise just call captains circle and they will give you the double cruise credit and it will

show as a (0) day cruise on cap circle site.  I believe all rooms are based on (single Occupancy) so even though you are a single paying for a double you probably will not receive 4 cruise credits just 2. But hey

im wrong a lot also.  good luck and bon voyage

10 hours ago, Altidude said:

I believe all rooms are based on (single Occupancy) so even though you are a single paying for a double you probably will not receive 4 cruise credits just 2. But hey

im wrong a lot also.  good luck and bon voyage

Actually, a solo in a full suite gets 3 cruise credits, not 4. It has me listed as getting 2 but that's what all solos get in any room below the full suite category.