Cruise Critic Community
krb1000

Somewhere between Heaven and Bliss...32 days on Serenity

We are on board with you from Athens to Lisbon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, swn4 said:

We are on board with you from Athens to Lisbon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonderful! We look forward to meeting you. 😊

On 10/18/2019 at 3:42 AM, krb1000 said:

We enjoyed these Portuguese tarts and are looking forward to enjoying some on Serenity next week.😍

The branding at Pasteis de Belém is strong.

FF0D56A6-E852-4B17-BAE6-EEB2EB88B987.jpeg

I admire the caffeine double fisting!

So here we are. Back home 

89458CB0-853E-4F74-BCF9-703C71E6CD3A.thumb.jpeg.84b0582b6be696ad65d5dc9e0f16ff0c.jpeg

Check in was easy
5F6DD665-9CCD-412E-8292-F2D3FE4C6B79.thumb.jpeg.5109f299d078b4f3342c0b3d1c90d6e5.jpeg

7ED9B79F-C8C3-4FEB-84AD-2FE14624DC74.thumb.jpeg.95c5e7a0f502e088ce32e64aa648ddda.jpeg

Enjoying a wonderful lunch

CBA09277-2CB7-4153-BC14-2CF80C1B1DA1.thumb.jpeg.0d31b9cc7eef3517641683de4162b3d5.jpeg

Timmy opted for the French Dip and a Bordeaux 

9215B4E1-6A90-4F5E-A76F-FF9A0E0FF771.thumb.jpeg.30920dfc308e110ab38db46fd7a9fb67.jpeg

I love the Cobb salad ... champagne and a nice  Sauvignon Blanc

65FDE77B-99BE-4B14-95BE-7C8DC59074A6.thumb.jpeg.3cf611ad96d04331c15f39d002da0e0f.jpeg

So wonderful to catch up with Jon Arias, sommelier extraordinaire ❤️

I’m off to clarify my spa appointments ...I’ll be back soon 

Sunset sail away was super nice.

6FC6E912-80FB-42CF-97AD-0603B357599C.thumb.jpeg.2aef9eea26a83aa25d6adb93c360397d.jpeg

After lunch I made some spa appointments, we visited the library, unpacked and did two loads of laundry. Muster in the Hollywood theatre was easy peasy. I really prefer muster on Serenity to Symphony’s outdoor crush.

We are resting before dinner. 

Nice photo of Timmy and Jon.  Jon is such a terrific sommelier and such a nice person.  

Kathie, you got a lot done your first day including laundry.  Bravo.

Enjoy every minute on board.

Keith

Thank you Keith, we are so happy to be back on board. We’ve met so many old friends... and made a few new ones ...all on the first day.

Kathie,

loving your pictures and post + blog entries!!!

you and timmie are off to a great start and I'm sure it feels like coming home...we always feel that way.  

I'm sure you both had a great evening.

keep on enjoying.  BTW,  I had lunch with a dear friend earlier today.  She and her husband will be joining you in Barcelona and continuing on to Ft. Lauderdale...They're counting the days!!! :classic_smile:

Nancy

Edited by nancygp

Oh my goodness...the internet is beyond slow...I’ve never experienced such slowness..what the heck? I’m going to chalk it up to the first day. I’m about to give up on loading some photos...we have a full day planned for Santorini tomorrow, so I’ll do a quick update now and hope to be able to post pics tomorrow evening.

We arrived for dinner at 8:20 and were surprised to find a few folks waiting to be seated. 

We asked to be seated in Augosto’s section. It was full, so we opted to wait in the Cove.

Timmy engaged Marton in a lively conversation about White Port and Tim’s new favorite cocktail: Port Tonic. Marton was unsure about the availability of White Port on ship. No worries...Timmy joined me in my favorite cocktail...Lush Champagne. It’s been my favorite ever since it was the featured drink of the day on Symphony a few cruises ago. Soon Augosto fetched us and we were ordering dinner. Within a few minutes of being seated, Marton arrived with a bottle of White Port. These touches of kindness and going above and beyond are why we love Crystal. Dinner was wonderful. Tim enjoyed beef consommé, some lovely bread and a bold Bordeaux.  I began with the Ahi Tuna and really liked the olive encrusted salmon salad paired with a dry Viognier. We skipped dessert and arrived at the show with 5 minutes to spare. What a show! Goodnight for now and I’ll catch up with you all tomorrow. ❤️

Edited by krb1000

28 minutes ago, nancygp said:

Kathie,

loving your pictures and post + blog entries!!!

Nancy

Nancy, Thanks so much. We really did have a wonderful evening and we are looking forward to Santorini.

😍

1 hour ago, krb1000 said:

Nancy, Thanks so much. We really did have a wonderful evening and we are looking forward to Santorini.

😍

Youre welcome.

your evening sounded great!!!  Augusto is the best!!!  We were on the Symphony last month and also found Waterside extremely busy and full the first night.  We went around 8:30 and we were very surprised as this wasn't the norm when there was set searing times.  It all worked out!!  The crystal experience is always wonderful and that's why we keep coming back. 

BTW, Lush Champagne is my favorite go to drink on crystal!!!  A friend introduced me to it on the Serenity a few years ago and I was hooked.

enjoy Santorini.

Nancy 

We were on the tender by 9:15, enjoyed the brief cable car ride up. Our rental car was ready and we set off for Santo Winery for a bite and the photo opportunity. Santo is perfectly situated for pics of the ships in the Caldera below.

FEE1CCB7-E8B0-447C-B0F9-75A89FE24EE0.thumb.jpeg.2b6be3072d2dd802f32e007cf9fe3f77.jpeg

There were five ships in port today, including the Celebrity Edge to the right of Serenity, and Crystals’ own Esprit, the tiny one behind us.

Timmy drove the hair pin turns to Pyrgos...I took some photos but the time to upload them prohibits me from posting them here or to the blog. 😞 It’s all good ...sooner or later we’ll hook up with some real internet speed.

After Pyrgos we drove along the coast , stopping frequently for photos. Returning it Fira we waited exactly 1 hour and 11 minutes for the cable car back down the mountain. The time passed quickly chatting with folks from the Holland America ship.

We stopped by the Cove for refreshment, joining new friends for drinks.

Back in the cabin now, Timmy’s napping and I’m going to give up on downloading the pics and read a bit. 

Life is wonderful on Serenity. ❤️

Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us! We will be boarding the Serenity in Fort Lauderdale exactly 6 weeks from tomorrow. Your updates have made us even more excited to be returning to the Serenity. Wishing you continued safe and happy travels! 

Kathie I'm really enjoying your posts and pictures.  Thank you for taking the time to share with all of us!

~Nancy

I'll be joining Crystal in December.  What exactly is the Lush Champagne...meaning what ingredients make it lush?

(Thank you Beach Tunes and Nancy)

Camiillus, it’s made with Elderflower liqueur and Champagne and a strawberry. 

I love it and encourage you to try it in December. ❤️

14 hours ago, krb1000 said:

We were on the tender by 9:15, enjoyed the brief cable car ride up. Our rental car was ready and we set off for Santo Winery for a bite and the photo opportunity. Santo is perfectly situated for pics of the ships in the Caldera below.

FEE1CCB7-E8B0-447C-B0F9-75A89FE24EE0.thumb.jpeg.2b6be3072d2dd802f32e007cf9fe3f77.jpeg

There were five ships in port today, including the Celebrity Edge to the right of Serenity, and Crystals’ own Esprit, the tiny one behind us.

Timmy drove the hair pin turns to Pyrgos...I took some photos but the time to upload them prohibits me from posting them here or to the blog. 😞 It’s all good ...sooner or later we’ll hook up with some real internet speed.

After Pyrgos we drove along the coast , stopping frequently for photos. Returning it Fira we waited exactly 1 hour and 11 minutes for the cable car back down the mountain. The time passed quickly chatting with folks from the Holland America ship.

We stopped by the Cove for refreshment, joining new friends for drinks.

Back in the cabin now, Timmy’s napping and I’m going to give up on downloading the pics and read a bit. 

Life is wonderful on Serenity. ❤️

When we realized how long the cable car line was - we went to take the donkey ride instead.  The donkey ride was much scarier than it looks - the guy riding behind me got so scared that after 2 turns down the steps, he insisted on getting off & walking the rest of the way!

We were here 6  years ago on the Serenity & there was absolutely no line for the cable car so it is a matter of luck how many ships are in town.

47 minutes ago, swn4 said:

When we realized how long the cable car line was - we went to take the donkey ride instead.  The donkey ride was much scarier than it looks - the guy riding behind me ...

Wow! You are brave❤️ 

1 hour ago, swn4 said:

When we realized how long the cable car line was - we went to take the donkey ride instead.  The donkey ride was much scarier than it looks - the guy riding behind me got so scared that after 2 turns down the steps, he insisted on getting off & walking the rest of the way!

We were here 6  years ago on the Serenity & there was absolutely no line for the cable car so it is a matter of luck how many ships are in town.

You are so right.  We were there twice this year.  One time just us and one other ship.  Another time several ships.  Today only one ship will be there.  

I can feel for that guy.  I probably would have done the same thing.  I'm not big on heights to begin with so I am thinking I would be holding on for dear life.  😀

Do you remember about how long the ride took?  

Keith

Keith,

The donkey guide claimed it was a 10 minute ride down but it took us longer because of the guy wanting to get off his donkey - the donkey guide & him had a heated discussion about him getting off the donkey.

Hi all!

I am also on the trifecta from Athens to Barcelona.

I took one of the Crystal tours in Santorini.

When I arrived at the cable cars, there was a three hour wait.

The only other options were the donkeys or to walk down.

I am not such a patient person to queue for that long a period and those donkeys certainly did not look user friendly, so I opted to walk down with an adventurous though much younger young lady.

There were herds of donkeys in both directions, significant amounts of donkey poop and what appeared to be hundreds of other folk  on these very steep steps.

I managed to navigate  75% percent of the trip down , when I slipped and fell on a( relatively ) clean step.   The skin broke  but no apparent damage to my arm,only wounded pride.  The ship nurse cleaned me up and applied antiseptic. 
I was not charged any extra for this additional part of my tour.

Still a 

happy cruiseguy

steve

6 hours ago, krb1000 said:

(Thank you Beach Tunes and Nancy)

Camiillus, it’s made with Elderflower liqueur and Champagne and a strawberry. 

I love it and encourage you to try it in December. ❤️

Thanks Kathie, will certainly do!

2 hours ago, HAPPY CRUISEGUY said:

Hi all!

I am also on the trifecta from Athens to Barcelona.

I took one of the Crystal tours in Santorini.

When I arrived at the cable cars, there was a three hour wait.

The only other options were the donkeys or to walk down.

I am not such a patient person to queue for that long a period and those donkeys certainly did not look user friendly, so I opted to walk down with an adventurous though much younger young lady.

There were herds of donkeys in both directions, significant amounts of donkey poop and what appeared to be hundreds of other folk  on these very steep steps.

I managed to navigate  75% percent of the trip down , when I slipped and fell on a( relatively ) clean step.   The skin broke  but no apparent damage to my arm,only wounded pride.  The ship nurse cleaned me up and applied antiseptic. 
I was not charged any extra for this additional part of my tour.

Still a 

happy cruiseguy

steve

oh my goodness! Steve so sorry to hear this. We’ve been looking for you... how can we connect for dinner?

After breakfast in our cabin I headed to the Spa. 

81E7A636-247D-4FD4-9DDC-F96657F40D33.thumb.jpeg.696500153eedd6babc79e5eae58db57c.jpeg

This cutie worked some magic on my hair... cut, color and highlights... ❤️❤️❤️

8924828F-CAB9-4293-BBE0-D3F850BB31C0.thumb.jpeg.57c62d841fc8caeded583b77c9815aab.jpeg

Lunch in silk...Pizza❤️❤️❤️

F4CCE967-9DD8-442D-BC4D-F6D7B3CFF982.thumb.jpeg.7c0cab19841a521708e056fcc1acf7fa.jpeg

Timmy’s napping....I’m heading back to the Spa ... don’t judge me😍

Kathie -  Enjoying your adventures.  We board the Symphony on December 1st, have started a list of new drinks to try while on board.  Both White Port (if available) and Lush Champagne have been added.  Thank you.