Cruise Critic Community
EmmasNana

Air2Sea Economy basic or standard?

Economy on air2sea...america airline, for example...is the economy option the cheapest economy where you do not get to choose your seat or is it the economy where you do get to choose your seat?

This is my first time considering using this service, is there anything I need to know? I am doing a B2B out of Rome (7 +9 day) Do I use the same reservation and just pick the dates? So far the pricing changes nearly every time I pull it up. 

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

Be sure to check the price of 2 oneway flights. There have been times that round trip is more expensive. 

Excellent point!

We booked air2sea for our 1 way flt to Copenhagen in 2018 on SAS.  We are able to pick economy plus without a problem. 

19 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

We booked air2sea for our 1 way flt to Copenhagen in 2018 on SAS.  We are able to pick economy plus without a problem. 

True, but Economy Plus is a different category than economy. I believe the OP is looking to figure out which of the basic economy categories are available.

FWIW,  we have Business Class flights thru A2S via American and we cant pick seats yet. 

Edited by John&LaLa

41 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

True, but Economy Plus is a different category than economy. I believe the OP is looking to figure out which of the basic economy categories are available.

FWIW,  we have Business Class flights thru A2S via American and we cant pick seats yet. 

Understand.  It was clear when we chose our fare which economy fare we were choosing. Of course it might have just been because it was an SAS flt.  They let us pick our seats right away, took our United numbers and let my dh order kosher when I called SAS.  The confirmation number air2sea gave us was not their number but they gave it to me when I called. 

FYI: Through the air2sea program when using American Airlines the lowest class economy that they deal with is the regular economy where you can choose your seat. I was told that they do not deal with the Basic economy (thank goodness). The flights I chose were all British Airways through American. 

Air2sea was able to request the seats that I wanted. They do show up in the system so hopefully they will not change. Of course changing planes always seems to happen.

7 minutes ago, EmmasNana said:

FYI: Through the air2sea program when using American Airlines the lowest class economy that they deal with is the regular economy where you can choose your seat. I was told that they do not deal with the Basic economy (thank goodness). The flights I chose were all British Airways through American. 

Air2sea was able to request the seats that I wanted. They do show up in the system so hopefully they will not change. Of course changing planes always seems to happen.

Is your fare refundable? I'm wondering if that's why I cant choose our seats

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Call the airline, they will tell you exactly why.

Just now, John&LaLa said:

yes, I think with fees. Although the woman I spoke with said if I find a cheaper flight or want to cancel there would be no fees.

My confirmation says refundable with fees. 

The woman from air2sea had to request the seats for me. Now I can go in and change myself if I like.

Okay so I can't change anything on the american site but I can on the British Airways site. Think I will call aa because only my flight to Rome shows up there. My flight home is not showing.

4 minutes ago, EmmasNana said:

Oops, I apparently booked through British Air instead of American. It is fine.

I know that British Airways has economy seats that cannot be reserved until 24 hours before the flight.

10 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I know that British Airways has economy seats that cannot be reserved until 24 hours before the flight.

Well the seats are showing in my itinerary.

All seats are showing "confirmed" under the "manage my booking" in the BA site.

Edited by EmmasNana

5 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Call the airline, they will tell you exactly why.

I think I'll call A2S first,  see what they say, but thanks

56 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I think I'll call A2S first,  see what they say, but thanks

You're very welcome.

On 10/16/2019 at 6:00 PM, Host Clarea said:

You're very welcome.

Called A2S, all sorted out. Happy with the seats, but I still don't seem to be able to access them on the American site. 

They are listed, so that's fine.  

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Called A2S, all sorted out. Happy with the seats, but I still don't seem to be able to access them on the American site. 

They are listed, so that's fine.  

I'd be very concerned if I could not see the seats on the airline's website.  How will you know if they change seats, for example if they have an equipment change.

It all depends on whose metal you're flying. If you'e actually flying on a BA plane, you're not going to be able to see those seats on AA.com.

On 10/15/2019 at 2:47 PM, EmmasNana said:

Economy on air2sea...america airline, for example...is the economy option the cheapest economy where you do not get to choose your seat or is it the economy where you do get to choose your seat?

This is my first time considering using this service, is there anything I need to know? I am doing a B2B out of Rome (7 +9 day) Do I use the same reservation and just pick the dates? So far the pricing changes nearly every time I pull it up. 

We accidentally did economy, and could not pick our own seats.  We ended up in middle seats on different rows 😞

4 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I'd be very concerned if I could not see the seats on the airline's website.  How will you know if they change seats, for example if they have an equipment change.

The airline website does show our seat numbers. Just no graphic. A2S/Choice Air has kept us informed of schedule and equipment changes in the past.

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

...  A2S/Choice Air has kept us informed of schedule and equipment changes in the past.

They missed telling us once, that was enough for me to check the airline website almost daily.  Equipment got changed and we were sitting several rows away from each other in middle seats.  Luckily I caught it within a day and was able to change.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

They missed telling us once, that was enough for me to check the airline website almost daily.  Equipment got changed and we were sitting several rows away from each other in middle seats.  Luckily I caught it within a day and was able to change.

I'll keep an eye out. Thanks