Cruise Critic Community
nordica4

LIVE Harmony of the Seas 10/13/19-10/20

Hello all! Currently on the Harmony. A gorgeous ship for sure! Previous Oasis passenger but have to say this ship is noticeably packed to the to full capacity. I have never noticed such a crowd on Oasis. We have cruised previously in March but this tour is noticeably more crowded. It is a beautiful ship but have noticed the service is a bit slower due to capacity. LOTS of kids and families, maybe because of the Columbus Day Holliday and fall break?

perfect day at Coco Cay was perfect as we rented a beach bed and were very satisfied. The bar service was a little lacking, seemed there were few assigned to large areas. 

The pools on our first sea day was pretty much overwhelming, not a spot to soak in any of the pools. 

I LOVE the glamour of the new ships, but wonder if I would be happier in a smaller Freedom class ship with less people as we don’t really do the water slides, flow rider, etc. Again, I love the Oasis class ships of their ambiance but wonder if a smaller ship fits more in our lifestyle of relaxation and service. I would book again on Harmony just lower my expectations of cruising as in the good old days.

Can we presume the aft elevator is still out of order, as it has been for many cruises now? 

46 minutes ago, nordica4 said:

Hello all! Currently on the Harmony. A gorgeous ship for sure! Previous Oasis passenger but have to say this ship is noticeably packed to the to full capacity. I have never noticed such a crowd on Oasis. We have cruised previously in March but this tour is noticeably more crowded. It is a beautiful ship but have noticed the service is a bit slower due to capacity. LOTS of kids and families, maybe because of the Columbus Day Holliday and fall break?

perfect day at Coco Cay was perfect as we rented a beach bed and were very satisfied. The bar service was a little lacking, seemed there were few assigned to large areas. 

The pools on our first sea day was pretty much overwhelming, not a spot to soak in any of the pools. 

I LOVE the glamour of the new ships, but wonder if I would be happier in a smaller Freedom class ship with less people as we don’t really do the water slides, flow rider, etc. Again, I love the Oasis class ships of their ambiance but wonder if a smaller ship fits more in our lifestyle of relaxation and service. I would book again on Harmony just lower my expectations of cruising as in the good old days.

If you are thinking of Freedom, you don't have much time. I believe she is going into dry dock soon, where she will get slides. She already has a flowrider.

Yes,  one aft elevator is not working.

we spoke to a family at muster drill.  They were from the northeast somewhere.  Their schools have a year round schedule with 4 breaks of 3 weeks and this is one of the weeks.

It does seem more crowded than Oasis did last January.  Long lines of people waiting to get into windjammer.  I wonder if they realize there are other places to eat?  Solarium Bistro has not been crowded.

Hope you post more during your week.  We're sailing on Harmony in January and are very interested in your thoughts and experiences.  Have a wonderful week!

1 hour ago, Ren1216 said:

Hope you post more during your week.  We're sailing on Harmony in January and are very interested in your thoughts and experiences.  Have a wonderful week!

i will also be there on jan 19!

Just a little over 4 weeks away and can't wait for it! It will be our second time on the beautiful Harmony.

Can you find out for me what the earliest flight time would be accepted for luggage valet from MCO.

Information should be available now.

TY

Safe travels.

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Can you find out for me what the earliest flight time would be accepted for luggage valet from MCO.

Information should be available now.

TY

Safe travels.

From our August sailing:

Participating Airlines:

American

Horizon

Delta (domestic only)

JetBlue

Southwest ( flights between 11:30 & 6pm only)

United

Alaska

Flights must depart on Sunday  between 11:30am and 11:59pm, for SWA see above

$25 per guest + any airline baggage fees.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

On 10/16/2019 at 7:14 PM, Deseo1578 said:

i will also be there on jan 19!

So will we and our sons and wives.  First time on one of the Big Girls.

Cruise has been great.  I don’t think we have ever had calmer seas, almost no rocking.

Food in Solarium Bistro has been quite good.  We found that about 30 minutes before they close breakfast they put out some wonderful caramel rolls.  I’m a baker and these are GOOD!  

Park Cafe is good as usual.  Roast beef seems less fatty than I remember.

We haven’t been in Windjammer or done any specialty restaurants.

Ship is fairly crowded.  LOTS of kids.  Elevator waits are longer than expected.  All of the staff have been friendly and helpful.

Grease was fun.  Columbus was so campy it was hilarious.  The aqua show was...... different.  Very techno and lots of strobe lights.  I didn’t like it as much as the Oasis one. We missed the ice show.

Winding down this cruise. As much as I previously stated how crowded this ship was, it is a beauty. Since we are staying in a junior suite, decided to see if we could get reservations at Coastal Kitchen. They happily booked us at 7pm every night. Saying the food is fabulous is an understatement! Best food on the ship in my opinion. We also had a great dinner at Chops courtesy of my travel agent. 

The seas have been very calm, sunny everyday and very hot especially on the islands. 

Ventured off to Trunk Bay St John on the St Thomas stop. Though we were only there for 2.5 hours because of ship docking times, it was a beautiful day. The following day we took a private catamaran 5 hour tour which included 20 Harmony guests, highly recommend. They returned us to port in ample time, stress free.

The AFT elevator is finally fixed!!!

We have booked on board for next year. Our criteria was 1) Coastal Kitchen access

2) Stop at Perfect Day at Cococay 3) Eastern route with at least one port we have not been before( St Kitts)  So, for all convenience and above criteria it’s Harmony again in 2020! We like traveling in October for the warm Caribbean temperatures and warm ocean waters for swimming. 

On 10/15/2019 at 5:33 PM, nordica4 said:

Sounds like the Radiance Class ships might better suit your needs. You might want to consider one of them in the future.

17 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

This thread has a Luggage Valet flyer scan:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2670011

Bob, thanks for the post, but that information was provided when Harmony sailed from Miami.

I am looking for newer information as she now sails from Port Canaveral, and I need MCO information.

Thanks though.

Safe travels.

13 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

From our August sailing:

Participating Airlines:

American

Horizon

Delta (domestic only)

JetBlue

Southwest ( flights between 11:30 & 6pm only)

United

Alaska

Flights must depart on Sunday  between 11:30am and 11:59pm, for SWA see above

$25 per guest + any airline baggage fees.

mac_tlc

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

This is exactly what I was looking for.

Safe travels.

Sounds like you've had a good time overall.  It's reassuring to hear you've booked another sailing on Harmony.  And so many will be pleased to hear the aft elevator is finally fixed!

2 hours ago, Ren1216 said:

Sounds like you've had a good time overall.  It's reassuring to hear you've booked another sailing on Harmony.  And so many will be pleased to hear the aft elevator is finally fixed!

But it looks like the one right across from it is now out.

And they have one of them tied up with the piano player.  I am not sure that’s a great idea, it was loud!

Cruise has been really wonderful, great weather and lots of friendly people.

Loved Harmony, but Allure is still my favorite of the Oasis Class.  Will be on Symphony in Dec to complete the Oasis Class ships so will see if I change my mind