Jump to content

Frightfully Fall cruising on the Vista 10/5-12/19


Recommended Posts

With drinks in our hand, and a shake for the son, we posted outside cherry on top for sail away.

 

The lines to return were long as usual. Sadly there were no pier runner this time

Line for the aft gangway

20191010_164140.thumb.jpg.f864c769865731e932aa2e08d9bd7ac4.jpg

Line forward the gangway 

20191010_164144.thumb.jpg.ba2840da08afc35641e0e808bfb77429.jpg

Pilot boat headed our way:

20191010_170933.thumb.jpg.8496a70d63da9ea1de090d971a87b5a8.jpg

 

Conquest and Paradise in the distance:

20191010_080649.thumb.jpg.809c18dac5570db66082c7df8166f495.jpg

By Cozumel. Until next time:

20191010_171552.thumb.jpg.4b7eeaf537c10f3beab8beacf0133574.jpg

 

20191010_081058.thumb.jpg.d5bcce7434a2beeb63d84f240498f3b2.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally got a reprieve from the boys. I decided just to walk and take it all in as we were close to returning home. As I was reflecting,  I notice the Freedom was off in the distance sailing along side us. She was to return on Saturday as well. 

20191011_193134.thumb.jpg.e096e245f10ebf992e4ec2accc92bf6b.jpg

I couple of tries in the casino and it was lights out for me

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for sharing! We are sailing vista in Feb 2020, will be our first cruise with my daughter 2.5 yrs old. I hope she is potty trained by then to avoid the changing table drama. Any other tips for bringing a kid along?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tiffany18 said:

Thank you for sharing! We are sailing vista in Feb 2020, will be our first cruise with my daughter 2.5 yrs old. I hope she is potty trained by then to avoid the changing table drama. Any other tips for bringing a kid along?

I think you will have a better outcome being that your daughter can go into camp and she is in pull ups which makes for easy changing in the stalls. I say bring her favorite snacks and small amount  of toys that she likes and a light weight stroller.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 12:43 PM, cruzin Phillis said:

After going and coming. We finally decided to call it a day. You know what was happening b/w 2:30pm and 4:30 pm.... HAPPY HOUR IN THE PUB!!!! Those fish bowls were half of and the hubby finally decided to get one!!!. Now there were several happy hour events in the Pub but he finally decided this would be the day!!!

In order to get this particular drink, you would have to let hold your sail and sign card. I was informed that it was due to people not returning the bowls. It must have been true because they ran out of bowls and started using pitchers. Unfortunately they found a bowl for us:

 

Here is the menu

20191010_163245.thumb.jpg.04e4321230f176c86ed5a2a165645f4c.jpg

 

20191010_163322.thumb.jpg.d9f99f40841d260fb8057db54466afc2.jpg

 

20191010_163328.thumb.jpg.e3bb920ee760797e5de6f07a73d67a10.jpg

 

20191010_163310.thumb.jpg.163c62840c27a44a10fdc0f8101e1e4e.jpg

 

20191010_163316.thumb.jpg.dce2aacbb433db79d8e6aa4e797c5873.jpg

 

and here is the drink... THE drink

20191010_163237.thumb.jpg.f9d9554c3a198a505e9834f0df084edd.jpg

Now this drink is call the Caribbean long island. This drink has 4 cups of diffrent types alcohol. Yes... she measured in cups, not milliliter, not ounces,  but 1 cup of liquor x 4. 

 

This can’t be right.  A full bottle of liquor is 750 milliliters or 3.17 cups.  That’s a lot of booze. 

 

Nevertheless, I loved your review.  You did a great job with the narrative and the pictures.  I wish someone would do a review like this on the Conquest (sailing next month😀). How did you find out which bars had a Happy Hour and the times?  I never saw that listed in the Fun Times.  Did I miss it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

This can’t be right.  A full bottle of liquor is 750 milliliters or 3.17 cups.  That’s a lot of booze. 

 

Nevertheless, I loved your review.  You did a great job with the narrative and the pictures.  I wish someone would do a review like this on the Conquest (sailing next month😀). How did you find out which bars had a Happy Hour and the times?  I never saw that listed in the Fun Times.  Did I miss it?

Oh but it is. I sat there and watch her make it which is why i could not believe it!! I said " Did you just measure 4 cups?" She said "Yes mam I did." "Wow....OMG". There is not much ice  My husband was for til the next afternoon. It took him about 2 hours  to finish it. The pic does not do it justice. Those bowls are big which is why they cost 19.95. Yes it is listed in the fun times and on the hub app as Red Frog Pub Happy hour. It's at 2:30pm under afternoon section.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, cruzin Phillis said:

Oh but it is. I sat there and watch her make it which is why i could not believe it!! I said " Did you just measure 4 cups?" She said "Yes mam I did." "Wow....OMG". There is not much ice  My husband was for til the next afternoon. It took him about 2 hours  to finish it. The pic does not do it justice. Those bowls are big which is why they cost 19.95. Yes it is listed in the fun times and on the hub app as Red Frog Pub Happy hour. It's at 2:30pm under afternoon section.

That is amazing!  Not only that it’s more than a fifth of liquor, but that it’s only $19.95!  If you preorder a bottle, it’s between $80 and $100.  You would have to peel me off the floor if I drank that, even if it took me two hours to drink it.  Really great deal to share with three other people, though. 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

That is amazing!  Not only that it’s more than a fifth of liquor, but that it’s only $19.95!  If you preorder a bottle, it’s between $80 and $100.  You would have to peel me off the floor if I drank that, even if it took me two hours to drink it.  Really great deal to share with three other people, though. 🤣

I hope they have it on the Conquest!!! So I mentioned they ran out of fish bowls. Guess what the other guests got to drink out of??? A pitcher!!! I believe it held more than the fish bowl so you really will get your money worth.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the awesome review. We just did this itinerary in September(even went to Rose Hall in Jamaica) and you made it all come to life again! We also loved the Vista. You are right the only cure for Cruise depression is to book another one. Panorama May 16, 2020! Can't wait! BTW you have a beautiful family.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RenoNanaOz said:

Thanks for the awesome review. We just did this itinerary in September(even went to Rose Hall in Jamaica) and you made it all come to life again! We also loved the Vista. You are right the only cure for Cruise depression is to book another one. Panorama May 16, 2020! Can't wait! BTW you have a beautiful family.

That place was dreamy!!! Would not mind going back again. Im torn about what I want to do next year. Thought about the Panorama because I can take the boys to San Diego for a few days before the cruise but I also want to take wither an 8 or 9 day cruise out of Florida. I dont know!!!! We are booked on Horizon in Feb 2021 and Radiance April 2022.

Edited by cruzin Phillis
Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 7- final sea day

Final funtimes for the cruise:

1240519264_Screenshot_20191025-125748_WriteonPDF.thumb.jpg.0675e70de031e4b2758f9265c1962754.jpg

 

1948999609_Screenshot_20191025-125819_WriteonPDF.thumb.jpg.784589f015e6768f5dc68d966a81d58d.jpg

 

335985428_Screenshot_20191025-125903_WriteonPDF.thumb.jpg.9b8f3f9d9eb73f50c3acbab2b2a77549.jpg

 

900306982_Screenshot_20191025-125931_WriteonPDF.thumb.jpg.28c02dd44e77675b84e13a7fe0ce3cb6.jpg

 

1262676402_Screenshot_20191025-130340_WriteonPDF.thumb.jpg.370183f458e89b640858b9b58f79d33c.jpg

 

2001644369_Screenshot_20191025-130307_WriteonPDF.thumb.jpg.37650ccd07e97c70fefab3100f7f27ff.jpg

 

1381931880_Screenshot_20191025-130419_WriteonPDF.thumb.jpg.6cc29f3d492fddccf0085d04461a6e92.jpg

 

Final funnel. Can you guess the theme:

20191011_093741.thumb.jpg.4bec96a3647d58693a250f6c5ca7a90e.jpg

We did the Dr. Suses breakfast last year and was not a fan of it so we decided to forgo this year. It is $5 a person. When I inquired about it they changed it to where you could no longer chose late (9am) or early morning(7:30am). If you wanted late, You had to wait til the early time slots were filled then try to sign up for late. I ask the lady at the time, how many slots were left for early and she said 20 so I knew it would be a hassle. But you can sign up on deck 10 in foyer of the forward elevators when you embark if you like.

 

Well the dreaded last sea day had arrive. I wan anticipating the feeling of not wanting to leave but I had no choice. We awoke around 8am and headed to Breakfast. I had my last 3 final mimosas of the sailing.

1269557527_Screenshot_20191011-064537_CarnivalHUB.thumb.jpg.119b8eb1c5571e275453324df9899866.jpg

We headed back to the cabin to pre pack in anticipation of tomorrow. From a lesson learned last year, I know that at noon, they would roll out the luggage tag cart on deck 10 for those who would not self assist or was priority. Around 11:45 I headed there and joined the already growing line. This year they put it in the fun times to let guests know where and when to get luggage tags. Wow, they must have learned their lesson. 

There were 2 times to choose from and 3 rows of tags: 930am-10am had zones 6 to 15 and 10am -1030am had zones 16 to 37

 

(this is an old pic from last year. The debark times have changed but it is to give you an idea of what the tags look like.)

20181103_131228.thumb.jpg.f59cfceee4a21460aca40deb980b09de.jpg

A crew member rolled the cart out and left. People were just standing there confused so since I was somewhat of an expert, I jumped in to save the day?? I stood there for 2 hours helping people understand the debarkation and zoning process. Of course in my survey I made it know that they should have someone stationed there to help assist guests and that i will be sending my invoice for services.😉

 

Once that was over, I went to relive a very not happy husband so that he could enjoy some time on the ship before tomorrow. I gathered the boys and went to have my final shrimp basket:

20191011_140118.thumb.jpg.2bd1fd17876fcf4b97f6c89c2bfec8da.jpg

This was also the day for the chocolate extravaganza in the buffet which was a disappointment. It seemed last minute and rush. Not sure why they waited to have it on the last day. Was only 4 cakes. Not a lot of options like I have seem before. I settle for the bourbon pecan cake:

20191011_140116.thumb.jpg.c1b937c5294fa3db0c307ec92e78f4d9.jpg

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...