Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

Is there a specialty dining pkg and if so, how much is it?  I have only read of a test package for $60 for 3 meals, is this still available?  If so, what else is for fee in the specialty locations, grats/drinks?  Asking specifically about the Horizon.  Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it is available, only on horizon. Request it in John healds Facebook page. Includes the steakhouse, la cucina, and I think the hibachi. You still need to make your reservations on your own. Vouchers are charged to your account and will be in your state room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

Yes, it is available, only on horizon. Request it in John healds Facebook page. Includes the steakhouse, la cucina, and I think the hibachi. You still need to make your reservations on your own. Vouchers are charged to your account and will be in your state room.

It now includes Hibachi? I thought it was the steakhouse, and two $15 vouchers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could be wrong. I was doing it off the top of my head. But I think you are right, 1 steakhouse and 2 $15 vouchers. 

Again, reservations still need to be made. The vouchers just act as payment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

I could be wrong. I was doing it off the top of my head. But I think you are right, 1 steakhouse and 2 $15 vouchers. 

Again, reservations still need to be made. The vouchers just act as payment.

Yeah, because the steakhouse and hibachi would automatically cover the $60 expense (+$10). Does anyone know if you can substitute the steakhouse for the hibachi and get the $5 back or applied to the $15 voucher?

Edited by jbethel11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry Im a bit confused, it automatically covers steak house and only $ towards others, so its a monetary value, not 3 places of your choice?  Just trying to budget how much total this will cost for a ll 7 of us and if its worth it.

 

And what is meant by (+2)?

 

Also, what is meant by request it in fb page, can it not be purchased online on Carnival account?

 

Thanks so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, petuniaflower said:

Sorry Im a bit confused, it automatically covers steak house and only $ towards others, so its a monetary value, not 3 places of your choice?  Just trying to budget how much total this will cost for a ll 7 of us and if its worth it.

Yes, you can eat at the steakhouse for one night, and you will also get two $15 vouchers to use at JiJi's, Cucina, Guy's Pig and Anchor Brewhouse or Bonsai Sushi.

10 minutes ago, petuniaflower said:

And what is meant by (+2)?

I meant to say (+$10), and was referring to the value of the if we combined the Steakhouse and hibachi itself. $38 + $32 = $70.

14 minutes ago, petuniaflower said:

Also, what is meant by request it in fb page, can it not be purchased online on Carnival account?

Right now it is only available if you message JH on FB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the rest of the specialty all $15 aside from steakhouse, and thats why it doesnt matter what others you choose?  What Im getting at is if I purchase the "voucher" for $60, will I still have to pay anything out of pocket or will that cover 1 entire steak house dinner plus a choice of 2 others completely?  Sorry, the whole $15 credit thing is throwing me of..

 

And regarding fb msg, ok thanks, this is new to me, would it just be a pm requesting to purchase and then they would show on my account to be paid for?

 

Thank you:)))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can view the full menu and get the pricing for each of the specialty restaurants on Carnival's website.  You just have to pull up the page for each restaurant and a link to the menu and the cost of the restaurant is under "The Details".  

 

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the dining package.  If you go to John Heald's page and post your question he should be able to get you the info you need.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

Are the rest of the specialty all $15 aside from steakhouse, and thats why it doesnt matter what others you choose?

No, that is not entirely correct. Cucina and JiJi's are $15pp, Guy's Pig and Anchor and Bonsai Sushi is à la carte, and Bonsai Teppanyaki is $32pp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Qchell said:

You can view the full menu and get the pricing for each of the specialty restaurants on Carnival's website.  You just have to pull up the page for each restaurant and a link to the menu and the cost of the restaurant is under "The Details".  

 

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the dining package.  If you go to John Heald's page and post your question he should be able to get you the info you need.  

Hmm I pulled up Jiji menu and it seems there prices next to most items?  Is it a la carte sometimes and $15 flat sometimes?  Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry 2 more questions about specialty dining..

-if you are not on a drink plan are drinks included or just water, lemonade, tea and coffee?

-for the kids price, do they have to order off of a kids menu and is it specific to that location or is it same as MDR?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Besides the steak house, this is all new to me. Is Carnival now pushing pay extra dining on some of it's ships? One of the reasons I cruise Carnival is the inclusiveness. How long before this goes fleetwide?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trummy said:

Besides the steak house, this is all new to me. Is Carnival now pushing pay extra dining on some of it's ships? One of the reasons I cruise Carnival is the inclusiveness. How long before this goes fleetwide?

There are ships with others.  They are pushing nothing, simply options.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, trummy said:

Besides the steak house, this is all new to me. Is Carnival now pushing pay extra dining on some of it's ships? One of the reasons I cruise Carnival is the inclusiveness. How long before this goes fleetwide?


Carnival ships still have plenty of free eating options including the MDR, Lido Buffet, Guys, Blue Iguana, Pizza Pirate, Deli, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, trummy said:

Besides the steak house, this is all new to me. Is Carnival now pushing pay extra dining on some of it's ships? One of the reasons I cruise Carnival is the inclusiveness. How long before this goes fleetwide?

They aren't pushing anything.  You'll have enough free options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get there are enough free options. But won't these additional pay restaurants take up space that is being used for other things? 

 

I like the Blue Iguana, Guy's Burgers, etc etc. But they did take up much needed deck space. 

 

These pay options may be fine for the larger newer ships. But ie. on the Conquest ships, added restaurants take away from something else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, trummy said:

I get there are enough free options. But won't these additional pay restaurants take up space that is being used for other things? 

 

I like the Blue Iguana, Guy's Burgers, etc etc. But they did take up much needed deck space. 

 

These pay options may be fine for the larger newer ships. But ie. on the Conquest ships, added restaurants take away from something else. 

I disagree. I think the specialty restaurants are great for those who want to pay extra for arguably better food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jbethel11 said:

I disagree. I think the specialty restaurants are great for those who want to pay extra for arguably better food.

I respect your opinion. I simply have my own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trummy said:

I get there are enough free options. But won't these additional pay restaurants take up space that is being used for other things? 

 

I like the Blue Iguana, Guy's Burgers, etc etc. But they did take up much needed deck space. 

 

These pay options may be fine for the larger newer ships. But ie. on the Conquest ships, added restaurants take away from something else. 

 
Guys and Blue Iguana do not take up much needed deck space. They have simply replaced “restaurants” that were previously in the same locations like Off the Grill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we love the Seafood Shack, no one is forcing us to eat there, we just love the food

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

 
Guys and Blue Iguana do not take up much needed deck space. They have simply replaced “restaurants” that were previously in the same locations like Off the Grill. 

The omelet place and Guys burgers are where existing food venues were. The Blue Iguana and the Red Frog were part of the Carnival 2.0 project that began in 2015. The first time I was on the Glory was 2011. The spaces where these 2 bars are was deck space.  

 

Edited by trummy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, trummy said:

Guys burgers

No, that was also part of the FunShip 2.0 upgrades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, trummy said:

The omelet place and Guys burgers are where existing food venues were. The Blue Iguana and the Red Frog were part of the Carnival 2.0 project that began in 2015. The first time I was on the Glory was 2011. The spaces where these 2 bars are was deck space.  

 


What do bars have to do with a thread about restaurants?  Just an FYI, the 2.0 upgrades started in 2011 on Liberty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...