milkshakes

I just read from another site that milkshakes are not included with the refreshment package. I went to the cruise planner for my May 2020 Oasis cruise and milkshakes are not shown for either the deluxe or refreshment packages. Has anyone heard of milkshakes being removed from these packages.

I thought I saw recently that milkshakes were included the deluxe package, as well adult milkshakes, you just had to consume them in JR's and not take them out. Maybe I mis-remember... or this is a classic Royal inconsistency...

Edited by Zephanor

1 hour ago, Zephanor said:

I thought I saw recently that milkshakes were included the deluxe package, as well adult milkshakes, you just had to consume them in JR's and not take them out. Maybe I mis-remember... or this is a classic Royal inconsistency...

I could be mis-remembering too but last year on the Liberty of the Seas, the milkshake was free (with the deluxe package) as long as you have purchased a JR meal. 

If you wanted just a milkshake, you had to purchase it. 

This was a year ago so the rules may have changed since then.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Recent reports indicate that milkshakes at JR have been included in the Deluxe and Refreshment packages.  However, some ships have neen requiring a food puchase and others have not.

I know they were included back in March. I can't say for sure if you needed to buy a meal though as we only went to JR once and had lunch.

22 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

I know they were included back in March. I can't say for sure if you needed to buy a meal though as we only went to JR once and had lunch.

What ship was that?

8 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Recent reports indicate that milkshakes at JR have been included in the Deluxe and Refreshment packages.  However, some ships have neen requiring a food puchase and others have not.

There is a certain RC blog whose link I can not post here but they seem to think JR milkshakes are included in the deluxe package. The info is dated early 2018 so, not quite up-to-date.

Royals own website makes no mention of JR milkshakes either being included or excluded. It's almost as if they are keeping it internationally vague.  Hmmm....

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

There is a certain RC blog whose link I can not post here but they seem to think JR milkshakes are included in the deluxe package. The info is dated early 2018 so, not quite up-to-date.

Royals own website makes no mention of JR milkshakes either being included or excluded. It's almost as if they are keeping it internationally vague.  Hmmm....

I don't see it on the website today but I am pretty sure I have seen it on there before

3 hours ago, tOSUSteve said:

Was on Anthem Oct 5 & was able to get JR milkshakes without food purchase with Deluxe package.

Could you get them to go? Or did you have to drink them in the restaurant? Did you sit down and order or order at the counter?

18 hours ago, rockon391 said:

Milkshakes have not been included for at least 5 years. They were never really that great anyway...so not much of a loss really. 

Hmmm , that’s interesting because they were included in our package on Harmony las fall, Liberty in February, Freedom in July..............

1 hour ago, tomservo said:

If I get a milkshake with the refreshment package, do I have to tell them I have the refreshment package so they ring it up correctly, or do I just give them my seapass and the system takes care of it? First time on Royal. 

They should know, but I would recommend telling them that the beverage should be covered by your package.  Better to know up front.

• Thanks 1