Cruise Critic Community
isdoo

Christmas lights?

Anyone had any recent experience re battery or solar powered Christmas lights either in the cabin or on the balcony? 

We have in the past had them in the cabin. But just checking 🙂

recent experience? Any experience would be from at least nine months ago, wouldn’t it?

15 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

recent experience? Any experience would be from at least nine months ago, wouldn’t it?

haha - yes

Recent as in the last year , as opposed to last 15 years 😉 

2 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

9 months ago would be the most recent Christmas season so, yes, that would qualify as recent.

We use strings of small white lights (battery powered) all year round when we cruise.  We bring a colored glass or plastic container (sometimes large, sometimes smaller in size), put a bunch of the lights in it, and it makes for a festive take on our veranda.  Our butler has also brought us battery powered flameless candles when we have dined on our veranda in the evenings... and we bring several of our own as well.  

For the first time we will be sailing for Christmas, so we'll have to festoon the interior of our suite with them this go-round.  Might wind up bringing more decor than clothes this year, LOL!

38 minutes ago, MaggieAtSea said:

We use strings of small white lights (battery powered) all year round when we cruise.  We bring a colored glass or plastic container (sometimes large, sometimes smaller in size), put a bunch of the lights in it, and it makes for a festive take on our veranda.  Our butler has also brought us battery powered flameless candles when we have dined on our veranda in the evenings... and we bring several of our own as well.  

For the first time we will be sailing for Christmas, so we'll have to festoon the interior of our suite with them this go-round.  Might wind up bringing more decor than clothes this year, LOL!

Thanks 🙂

Which ship will you be on?

We were on the Reflection for Christmas in 2018. I used battery-powered LED string lights and magnetic hooks to decorate inside our cabin.

LED lights.jpg

Last year someone had an inflatable Christmas tree on their balcony.  We saw it on another ship docked across from our ship.  I imagine it it lit up at night, too.  It was very festive when we saw it.

14 hours ago, isdoo said:

Anyone had any recent experience re battery or solar powered Christmas lights either in the cabin or on the balcony? 

We have in the past had them in the cabin. But just checking 🙂

isdoo - do you mean decorative "Holiday Lighting"?  I have not been able to find anything labeled Christmas lights in years at any store near me!:classic_smile:

10 hours ago, TeeRick said:

isdoo - do you mean decorative "Holiday Lighting"?  I have not been able to find anything labeled Christmas lights in years at any store near me!:classic_smile:

No, holidays is what you do every time you go away for a week or two. More usually in the summer. 

Christmas is an event that is celebrated on December 25th. 

It is really very simple 😉

5 hours ago, isdoo said:

No, holidays is what you do every time you go away for a week or two. More usually in the summer. 

Christmas is an event that is celebrated on December 25th. 

It is really very simple 😉

Ok it seems simple but I bet you are not from the US??  :classic_smile: Here we go on vacations and we buy holiday lights.  🕯️ But we used to buy Christmas lights years ago.☃️

Several of the above posts are "War on Christmas!" nonsense.  There are several holidays during that period and not all of them are Christmas, and I'm not sure why it's so controversial in some corners to acknowledge that.  However, if you go to the Home Depot website right now, they are advertising "Christmas lights" as being on sale.  Ditto Lowe's and Walmart.

Hey, look at Target!

https://www.target.com/c/christmas-lights/-/N-5xt2w

21 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

Several of the above posts are "War on Christmas!" nonsense.  There are several holidays during that period and not all of them are Christmas, and I'm not sure why it's so controversial in some corners to acknowledge that.  However, if you go to the Home Depot website right now, they are advertising "Christmas lights" as being on sale.  Ditto Lowe's and Walmart.

Hey, look at Target!

https://www.target.com/c/christmas-lights/-/N-5xt2w

Hey just having some fun.