Credit Card Fraud (maybe not from my trip but...)

Truluv

23 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

I once hired a car with a reverse camera, I had to turn off the screen as I found it more hazard than help. Maybe I had a bad camera😕

I think there's a learning curve but we love it.

2 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

I once hired a car with a reverse camera, I had to turn off the screen as I found it more hazard than help. Maybe I had a bad camera😕

That is because you drive on the wrong side of the road!  😀😀😀

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ldubs said:

The new truck has a back-up camera.  First for me.  Sure makes life easier.  

Aww, the student driver is just around the corner.   I recall those days with our kids.  I think that is when I started to turn gray.  Haha

We have a 19 year old too.  Somehow I still have all my hair in it's original color 🤣

14 hours ago, clo said:

Especially for parallel parking in tight spaces.

I've seen commercials for cars that park themselves and thought that was cool.  I think I'm too much of a control freak though and would struggle with the car doing it for me 😉 Plus, I figure the assistive driving features are great until they don't work.

10 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

I have definitely seen a difference in cameras.  I appreciate ours, but more use it to double check or if I need to back up a long, narrow drive.  My dad has one on his car and I really don't like it.

9 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

The rental car was in Europe so you are right they do drive the wrong side of the road😜

Haha.  Like the guy said, which side I drive on depends on which way I'm going.  😀

• Haha 1

On 11/14/2019 at 3:48 PM, ldubs said:

I do that for the boat motor.  But the cars, nope.  I haven't dealt with car maintenance for many years, so rely on copies of the dealer paperwork as a record.  I kind of follow your same model.  I buy cars new off the lot and keep them for a long time.  I recently traded in a 12 year old truck for a 2018 diesel truck.  The new technology made me feel like I had to relearn how to drive.  Haha. 

Anyway,  good job on the documentation.   

I pretty much only use dealers for warranty work.  I can do most of the other work myself for less.

Otherwise I use a couple of good independent shops.

On 11/14/2019 at 3:50 PM, pacruise804 said:

I've had changes done by others now. Apartment living in early years didn't lend itself to changes, and now I wouldn't know where to take the oil for recycling.  

The record keeping is one area where we actually are similar 😄 I don't track price within the mileage spreadsheet (I do in my budget though), but do track date, gallons, mileage, miles driven, and MPH.  

Just about every locality has a oil drop off.  Also, most auto part stores (AutoZone and Advance Auto do) will accept used oil.  

I have mine in paper books.  I tried a couple of the apps, but I have many years of hard copy data.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SRF said:

I pretty much only use dealers for warranty work.  I can do most of the other work myself for less.

Otherwise I use a couple of good independent shops.

I still have the ability do a lot of the mechanical stuff, but just no longer have the gumption.  Kind of the same for washing the truck.  I pay a monthly subscription so I can take it to the car wash as many times as I want.   

These days I've found the dealer pricing to be better than the independents when it comes to routine maintenance or things like brake work.  Not sure why that is and am kind of surprised to be honest.  One of the locals offered to match the dealer's price, but I figured I didn't want to have to go through that every time I needed something done.   

My only exception is the boat's motor.  Marine mechanics are so expensive I do all work myself.  I can do the water pump swap out and related 100 hour service for about $100 in parts.  I save at least $700 in labor not to mention having the boat set in someone's shop for the better part of the week.  

Anyway, hats off for doing the work yourself.  Besides savings, you know it is done correctly.  

Edited by ldubs
  • Like 1