Bus to Acropolis from Port

Oldies123

3 hours ago, tjcox9 said:

Just this morning had a note from a friend who is on the Rotterdam which was in Athens yesterday. It seems the X80 bus stopped running on October 14 and won't resume again until May! 

Yes, they do stop running 'off season' -- unfortunately they have never been very transparent about their start and stop dates. In general I think you can count on mid-May through mid-October.

18 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Yes, they do stop running 'off season' -- unfortunately they have never been very transparent about their start and stop dates. In general I think you can count on mid-May through mid-October.

Thought (and hoped) this would be the case,  hopefully we will be lucky !  Many thanks

We went last summer (2 adults and 2 kids).  We were planning to take the metro but heard there were a lot of delays because of construction.  We got off the ship and decided to walk and "wing it".   As soon as we were out of the terminal area (1/4 mile walk) there were drivers.  We spoke to one cab driver "Theo" that approached us.  Said he would be our driver for the day...take us anywhere in the city we wanted to go...drop us off and pick us up at each spot.  We negotiated a price of $100 USD ($25pp) paid after he dropped us off back at the port.  I took a picture of him, his driver's license, car/license plate and his cab license.  We communicated with him via Whatsapp.  We planned where we wanted to go and what time he was picking us up from each spot.  In addition, we wanted to pick up some small packages of olives and olive oil from a local grocery store and he took us to a great one.  

I know this is not for everyone but it works for us.  He was SUPER helpful and i knew 100% was going to him.  He took us everywhere we wanted to go plus took us to a few places that were not on our list.  It was almost like we had a personal tour guide!