Jump to content

$50 Shore Excursion Credit per port


Recommended Posts

As a perk, we have the $50 shore excursion credit per port,. In your experience can we use this credit at the debarkation port? We want to do an excursion offered by the ship - tour of Miami, then transfer to airport. Thank you in advance for your help!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pro Tip:   Click on the promo and on the next page scroll down to the Terms and Conditions.   Here is what you will find:

 

$50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit
$50 per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.
Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.
In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.
Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.
Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays are counted as individual ports/days for shore excursion credit.
Shore excursion credit can be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.
For the guests that book their excursions online; they are charged full retail for the excursions and the discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ColeThornton said:

Pro Tip:   Click on the promo and on the next page scroll down to the Terms and Conditions.   Here is what you will find:

 

$50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit
$50 per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.
Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.
In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.
Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.
Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays are counted as individual ports/days for shore excursion credit.
Shore excursion credit can be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.
For the guests that book their excursions online; they are charged full retail for the excursions and the discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account.
 

Thank you. I didn't think to look at the terms and conditions. I will keep it in mind if I have any other questions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

Pro Tip:   Click on the promo and on the next page scroll down to the Terms and Conditions.   Here is what you will find:

 

$50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit
$50 per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.
Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.
In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.
Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.
Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays are counted as individual ports/days for shore excursion credit.
Shore excursion credit can be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.
For the guests that book their excursions online; they are charged full retail for the excursions and the discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account.
 

 

 

Thanks so much for sharing this. Never thought about looking at an excursion for the debarkation day. From your post I checked the shore excursions for my trip, turns out I qualify for a free city tour and transfer to the airport. Great to have this as an option if need be.

 

Thanks again, 

 

Rochelle

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2019 at 8:41 AM, ColeThornton said:

Shore excursion credit can be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

For the guests that book their excursions online; they are charged full retail for the excursions and the discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account.
 

Another piece of information:   our travel agent advised us to use shore excursion credits by booking excursions ahead of time via NCL's toll free number (quoted above).  That way the $50 credit is taken off the price of the excursion up front; otherwise, if you book your excursions on board (using your shore excursion credits) you receive the $50 credit in the form on an OBC.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, kokopelli-az said:

Another piece of information:   our travel agent advised us to use shore excursion credits by booking excursions ahead of time via NCL's toll free number (quoted above).  That way the $50 credit is taken off the price of the excursion up front; otherwise, if you book your excursions on board (using your shore excursion credits) you receive the $50 credit in the form on an OBC.  

whether you call the number ahead of time, or book onboard, the process is the same.  You are charged the full price of the excursion, then you get $50 OBC after the completion of each excursion.  So, if you have three ports and call ahead and book three excursion, you'll be charge full price for all three on the first night of the cruise.  Then after each of the ports, you'll get $50 OBC.  If you book onboard, then you'll get charge the price of the excursion when you book it (once again, full price) then you'll get the $50 OBC after the completion of the excursion.  It's more like monopoly money because everything evens out by the end of the cruise.  If you book online before the cruise, then you'd pay the full price at the time of booking (with a credit card).  You'd still get the $50 OBC after the completion of the excursion, but you would have to use it on something else since you've already paid for the excursion

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

whether you call the number ahead of time, or book onboard, the process is the same.  You are charged the full price of the excursion, then you get $50 OBC after the completion of each excursion.  So, if you have three ports and call ahead and book three excursion, you'll be charge full price for all three on the first night of the cruise.  Then after each of the ports, you'll get $50 OBC.  If you book onboard, then you'll get charge the price of the excursion when you book it (once again, full price) then you'll get the $50 OBC after the completion of the excursion.  It's more like monopoly money because everything evens out by the end of the cruise.  If you book online before the cruise, then you'd pay the full price at the time of booking (with a credit card).  You'd still get the $50 OBC after the completion of the excursion, but you would have to use it on something else since you've already paid for the excursion

Interesting.    It sounds like my Big Box TA gave me misinformation then.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tokidoki said:

we have the $100 perk and we always call and reserve with no payment!   We also get the latitudes 10% as well.  Our OBC takes care of the rest!  

This is standard...... as long as you CALL and have the Shore Excursion Credit Promo then you may reserve without pre paying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2019 at 10:07 AM, dbrown84 said:

whether you call the number ahead of time, or book onboard, the process is the same.  You are charged the full price of the excursion, then you get $50 OBC after the completion of each excursion.  So, if you have three ports and call ahead and book three excursion, you'll be charge full price for all three on the first night of the cruise.  Then after each of the ports, you'll get $50 OBC.  If you book onboard, then you'll get charge the price of the excursion when you book it (once again, full price) then you'll get the $50 OBC after the completion of the excursion.  It's more like monopoly money because everything evens out by the end of the cruise.  If you book online before the cruise, then you'd pay the full price at the time of booking (with a credit card).  You'd still get the $50 OBC after the completion of the excursion, but you would have to use it on something else since you've already paid for the excursion

Just an update, but I called Norwegian's shore excursion number (866-625-1167) and specifically asked about this since there is some confusion on different threads about how exactly the $50 credit works.   I was told that if you book via their toll free number you will not be charged for the excursion until on board and the $50 credit will be applied toward the cost of the excursion and not given as OBC.   But if you book your shore excursions on-line prior to the cruise or once on board, then the $50 credit will be given as an OBC.   This is from NCL's website:

 

$50 USD per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.
Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.
In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.
Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.
Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays are counted as individual ports/days for shore excursion credit.
Shore excursion credit can be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.
For the guests that book their excursions online; they are charged full retail for the excursions and the discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

At the end of the day, it's really all the same.  Everyone is really saying the same thing, but it's a word choice that seems to be causing some confusion.  If you call before your cruise and book an excursion that cost $100, but it isn't until the fourth day of the cruise, you will be charged $100 on the first night of the cruise.  On the fourth night, after you complete the excursion, you will be credited $50 to your account.  Whether you want to call it OBC or simply credit doesn't matter.  The effect is exactly the same.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

At the end of the day, it's really all the same.  Everyone is really saying the same thing, but it's a word choice that seems to be causing some confusion.  If you call before your cruise and book an excursion that cost $100, but it isn't until the fourth day of the cruise, you will be charged $100 on the first night of the cruise.  On the fourth night, after you complete the excursion, you will be credited $50 to your account.  Whether you want to call it OBC or simply credit doesn't matter.  The effect is exactly the same.  

Not completely the same.  OBC is different than credit, as it may or may not be refundable and usually OBC can't be used for DSC.  I have always called and reserved my excursions.  They are charged on day 1.  Per my accounting sheet, I was given a direct credit of $50 after each excursion.  As a credit, I would assume that it could be used for anything and money would be returned if I had a credit balance at the end of the cruise.

 

I can't say if you get OBC when you book online since I've never done it that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, CathieZC said:

What exactly can you use this nonrefundable OBC for? We booked our excursions online & paid in full. Trying to figure just what we can use this for. Already have the free at sea items... 

 

 

You can use it against the cost of the shorex that you have booked.  Anything you purchase on board from the shops.  You can ask to get vouchers and give them out as ADDITIONAL tips (not Daily Service Charge) to your crew members.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sauer-kraut said:

 

You can use it against the cost of the shorex that you have booked.  Anything you purchase on board from the shops.  You can ask to get vouchers and give them out as ADDITIONAL tips (not Daily Service Charge) to your crew members.

I cash it out last night from slot machines 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...