Cruise Critic Community

Whatever it is will be ridiculous. My wife has arthritis and unable to wash and blow dry her hair. After paying 80 dollars once in the spa she always gets it done ashore now.

5 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

That’s not bad for cruise ship prices...IMHO

Agree...that's not too bad, and quite comparable to what I pay at home.  That said, I have an appointment booked for the Saturday before we leave on our cruise, then I don't have to worry about it, and I know who's cutting my hair.😀

Thanks oneputt

6 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

That’s not bad for cruise ship prices...IMHO

I agree but the prices for other services are quite high . 

BEARD TRIM EXPRESS $47 | $35* BEARD TRIM/SHAVE $88 | $66* HAIRCUT $34 | $26*

HEAD SHAVE $57 | $43* MUSTACHE OUTLINE $16 | $12* STRAIGHT RAZOR SHAVE $68 | $51*

$68 for a shave ? Wow!

Crazy prices.  At home, with the senior discount, I pay $16 for a haircut and $8 for a beard trim.  Course, my local Great Clips is a little different than a cruise ship, I guess.  Lol.   

PS: Never made an appointment for a haircut in my life.     😁

I was on the Reflection last week on a sea day and had to get a hair cut as I was going to work right after. It was $42.50 for a men's haircut (I'm guessing they add service charges to it). The bill was written on a piece of paper instead of the computer so really no way to tell what the break down of it was.

On 10/17/2019 at 11:22 PM, ldubs said:

Crazy prices.  At home, with the senior discount, I pay $16 for a haircut and $8 for a beard trim.  Course, my local Great Clips is a little different than a cruise ship, I guess.  Lol.   

PS: Never made an appointment for a haircut in my life.     😁

I use a local barber gal, I don't trust the folks at great clips with my locks.  Beard trip not needed, they sell razors where I live.  No appt needed.  🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG

My wife is a hairdresser, I haven't paid to have my hair done in 43 years, now that has saved me a few pounds :classic_biggrin:

We have had haircuts while aboard and were very impressed with the haircut.   We chose to have it done on a port day.   There are certain hours that you get the Port Discount but they waived it when they had to reschedule us due to crew drill.   I believe it was about $25 plus an automatic 20% tip added on top.

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

I use a local barber gal, I don't trust the folks at great clips with my locks.  Beard trip not needed, they sell razors where I live.  No appt needed.  🙂

I don't get my hair "done" and, sadly,  I haven't had what I guess you would call "locks" for a few years.  Just a number two clipper and bingo I'm done.   I typically use a trimmer for the beard, but occasionally like the luxury of having it done.  They do a much better job shaping, especially when it is longer.   

On 10/17/2019 at 1:09 PM, weregoingcruising said:

What is the cost of a mans haircut aboard ship. D you ever get a haircut off ship in port?

The crew tell me that they pay $5.00 for a haircut by one of their own, and they all look well groomed. 

10 minutes ago, ONT-CA said:

The crew tell me that they pay $5.00 for a haircut by one of their own, and they all look well groomed. 

The crew is not getting their hair done in the salon, and you are not allowed in crew areas. So... You’re NOT getting $5 haircuts on the ship.

I only pay $18 NZD ($11.73 USD) for my haircuts... I could pay a lot more if I wanted them to 'hide' the grey hairs though!