Specialty Dining on Final Night

cnschultzy

14 hours ago, creativegenius said:

Be sure to read reviews on Le Petit Chef and see if you really want to keep that reservation.  If you have kids, the place seems fine. If you're adults only, note that the menu is very limited because the food has to match the animations. Reviews have not been all that kind in regards to the food and overall meal.  Met multiple folks onboard the Equinox a few weeks ago who said either it was a waste of money or 'one and done' after experiencing it.  LPC is something we did not book nor would ever book simply because the menu is so limiting.  

Thank you for your input! I understand where you are coming from. I have read reviews on this board and on blogs, and I feel prepared for some of the downsides (e.g. waiting for others to finish each course). While the menu is simple, each course will suit us just fine as long as the food is well prepared. 

I've also looked up photos and videos - it looks unique and entertaining! Yes, it's very likely "one and done" for us but unlike anything I'll find near home so it's worth the risk in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Mauidiver said:

I see what you’re talking about.  There’s nothing like that on our Edge cruise, but I’m going to keep looking just in case.  😉. Thank you!

Nothing like that for us, either but I think I saw discounts months ago when I first booked. Maybe they'll reappear 🙂

10 hours ago, cnschultzy said:

Thank you for your input! I understand where you are coming from. I have read reviews on this board and on blogs, and I feel prepared for some of the downsides (e.g. waiting for others to finish each course). While the menu is simple, each course will suit us just fine as long as the food is well prepared. 

I've also looked up photos and videos - it looks unique and entertaining! Yes, it's very likely "one and done" for us but unlike anything I'll find near home so it's worth the risk in my opinion.

Nothing like that for us, either but I think I saw discounts months ago when I first booked. Maybe they'll reappear 🙂

When I was on the Equinox a few weeks ago i was asked to join others at le petite chef. The price dropped from $55 to $40 but i declined. They said it was ok but would not do it again. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gordiej said:

I find that the last night in the MDR usually has the least inspired menu. Not a bad time to go to a specialty restaurant.

I enjoy going to dinner on the last night regardless of the main entree. I've been known to order 4 appetizers if I'm not keen on the main. Also a good chance to say goodbye to all my tablemates. Always enjoyed their company.