Cruise Critic Community
Colo Cruiser

Island Princess Port Everglades today.

We just got off the Island from Canal Cruise. We also were on the Pacific Cruise a year ago. what a difference a year makes.

Food was fantastic, the friendliest crew we have ever had on a princess ship, from the Captain to maintenance people. We were in a suite and they had a special evening event for suites in the sanctuary, wow it was amazing. Met the senior officers, talked one on one with Captain for 15 minutes, highlight of the cruise.

Club Class dining was fantastic, the head waiter, Alfredo, and his staff made every night special!

I was not a fan of the Island before this cruise, but I would consider this a top choice moving forward.

Hi, 

Thanks for posting the photos. I still don't like the changes that were made to the back of this ship. It looked much better as originally constructed with the aft terraced decks. 

Chuck 

We just got off the Island Princess yesterday. We loved our cruise to the Panama Canal! What a wonderful cruise. I was rather scared hearing all the negative comments prior to boarding, however that was quickly dispelled. We would cruise on the Island Princess again in a minute. Lovely ship, wonderful service. Great shows  and the food was very good. Many nice people aboard. 

I booked the Island for back-to-back cruises this summer with some trepidation. We had sailed on it before the refurb added cabins. I ended up having a great time and would book another cruise on the Island for the right itinerary at the right price.

11 hours ago, geoherb said:

I booked the Island for back-to-back cruises this summer with some trepidation. We had sailed on it before the refurb added cabins. I ended up having a great time and would book another cruise on the Island for the right itinerary at the right price.

Thank you for this. I was starting to worry about our next cruise booked on the Island with all the negative posts here. We also have sailed her before the refit but will keep an open mind on the changes . 

Does the patisserie have all the goodies as the IC?  I have a deposit down for a cruise on the Island.  But I love my morning coffee and croissant to start the day.

16 hours ago, Bdnclc said:

Does the patisserie have all the goodies as the IC?

Nope.

Just a small tray with a small pastries or cookies on it.

I am on the Island now.  Having a great time but haven’t found that small try of pastries yet. That’s probably a good thing though, less calories. 😁