Has anyone successfully changed a guarantee stateroom on Celebrity?

Hi, just wondered if any NZ/Aust cruisers had opted for a guarantee cabin on Celebrity, then been allocated a cabin they weren't happy with, and then managed to successfully change it to another cabin?  I have read if you book in America, you are able to change to another cabin in the same category yet those in England aren't allowed to change.  What is the policy for us "down under"?

You may find this a little difficult to believe but, I can be a bit precious when it comes to my comfort and expectations.  With that in mind, I never enter the Guarantee Lottery when booking a cabin.  My favourite possie is midships between two accommodation decks.  On Princess,  that's Baja Deck and I will walk over the broken and bleeding bodies of my fellow passengers in order to achieve this. 

Girl's gotta have standards!

Edited by Bubbeh
  • Like 1

They sometimes put a notice on the front desk stating that the ship is full and they cannot change any cabins......

Its quite a hassle to change anyway as your card , on board account etc all have to be changed and you could end up getting  someone else's bar bill.😮

Yes we have. If we aren't satisfied with the cabin that has been allocated we go online to check what cabins in the same class are still available. If we have booked direct we ring Celebrity or if we have booked through a TA we get the TA to put in a request to change cabins. Never yet been refused.  It has to be done before sailaway not when one arrives on board. If the guarantee is only notified on day of embarkation or close to one may be out of luck. Them's the breaks for the fiscal saving

Edited by Beanb41

8 hours ago, Bubbeh said:

You may find this a little difficult to believe but, I can be a bit precious when it comes to my comfort and expectations.  With that in mind, I never enter the Guarantee Lottery when booking a cabin.  My favourite possie is midships between two accommodation decks.  On Princess,  that's Baja Deck and I will walk over the broken and bleeding bodies of my fellow passengers in order to achieve this. 

Girl's gotta have standards!

A girl after my own heart Bubbeh,, My girls tell me I have a continual mantra being

If I can’t do and have what I want  at my age when the hell can I.

Cheers Carole

• Like 1