Meraviglia New York-Canada-Miami Oct/Nov '19

Beamafar

7 hours ago, Beamafar said:

DH is in rude good health and is making up for missing his Johnnie Walker Blue on Seaview by enjoying one or two onboard here.  😁😁😁

Hope he leaves some for me to enjoy next week

Edited by wetcoast
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

For the first time ever in YC:

20191021_223030.thumb.jpg.6f061568d5524bdd8bce989fcec6c2b5.jpg

I have to say (again!) just how fantastic the crew are.  We have a wonderful, very friendly and attentive butler, too, so everything on that front is great.  We know the concierge, Luciano, from last year's  Splendida crossing Dubai-Japan.  He and the other daytime concierge (whose name I don't know, yet) are very approachable and helpful.

Another beautiful, sunny morning as we approach the pier in Halifax.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, DLA57 said:

Beamafar, 

I have a question regarding the room you're in.  Is there a place to plug in a Cpap machine by the bed?

Thank you for all your posts of the Yacht club.  Can't wait.

There are no sockets beside the bed.  An extension lead won't be a problem in an inside cabin, but in the balcony cabins, @nednrom the sockets are on the opposite wall to the one the bed is on so the lead will be across the floor when being used.

So .... I've got a little more information on the subject.

The concierge will supply the extension cord, but it only has a European plug, so you need an adaptor if you have an American plug.

Also the sockets are not all located in the same places in all the cabins as there are different configurations 

Edited by Beamafar

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

The concierge will supply the extension cord, but it only has a European plug, so you need an adaptor if you have an American plug.

Also the sockets are not all located in the same places in all the cabins as there are different configurations 

thank you, you have been a big help

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

I'd settle for a seat in a proper British/Irish pub. :classic_biggrin:

😱  There is absolutely no comparison between a British and Irish pub!!!! One is great craic  (the latter, of course), the other serves meh food (the former)  😂😂😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

We always love the samosas and I ended up having 2 helpings, they were sooooo good.  DH ordered one after he'd eaten his chosen salmon starter:

And yet another chance to try the Pork Feather flies away!  But yes, the samosas are terrific: really spicy too!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

And yet another chance to try the Pork Feather flies away!  But yes, the samosas are terrific: really spicy too!

I can't believe I forgot to photo it!  We got chatting with a couple from California at the time!  I've had it before and probably have a pic of it somewhere.

I do have great intentions of overwriting what each dish is on the photo but it doesn't always go according to plan. 🙄 

Edited by Beamafar

2 hours ago, L2float said:

What will they think when they see little me ordering 2 starters and 2 entrees? I can't wait to try it all! Loving the pics and info. 🤗

Portion sizes are small on MSC (so I found) and dinner is my major meal of the day so I order 2 starters and 2 entrees or double meat on 1 entree during most dinners! I rarely get any thoughts other than, feed this man... he needs a sandwich or something! lol  (I have a hollow leg to store all of the food!)

1 minute ago, CruisinMaterial said:

Portion sizes are small on MSC (so I found) and dinner is my major meal of the day so I order 2 starters and 2 entrees or double meat on 1 entree during most dinners! I rarely get any thoughts other than, feed this man... he needs a sandwich or something! lol  (I have a hollow leg to store all of the food!)

We normally order a a starter each and one to share and same with mains. Although as this next cruise is 13 nights I might try and watch the calories or I’ll need a crane to hoist me off the ship in Miami. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Thank you so much for the information - now I have to find where I put that kit of adapters I bought several years ago.  I appreciate your help!

Hope you're having a great time :-)

15 hours ago, Beamafar said:

We always love the samosas and I ended up having 2 helpings, they were sooooo good.  DH ordered one after he'd eaten his chosen salmon starter:

20191022_134747.thumb.jpg.31fe19309584b8d3bc57b0e4bfff9a73.jpg

I would have too....that looks more canape than starter! 🤣

• Like 2