10/18 Live from the Crown!

Colo Cruiser

18 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

78E4AC45-18B9-4933-B467-55CA9C9AC158.png

The above is not only strange, but a bit alarming.  According to the official Princess Medallion pricing chart I was provided back in the summer, a 10-night cruise price is $70 pre-cruise (Personalizer) and the on-board price is only $75. 

What shows above indicates an on-board price of $85 before 25% discount!! I am wondering now if they have jacked up the on-board pricing?  Our Personalizer still shows the $70 pre-cruise price for Nov 7 (two voyages after yours).   Incidentally, a cruise we have just booked for 2021 (10-night Caribbean) also has a pre-cruise offer of $70 in Personalizer.

As for the 4-device plan, the price shown above reflects a $170 on-board price before discount (or $17/day).  The Personalizer price is $15/day or $150.  That seems normal.

Not sure what is going on, but I thought my numbers were correct.

The single device plan represents almost no benefit at all for Elites and Platinums when you compare $70 pre-cruise to a net $63.75 on-board (Day 1 special). 

Edited by steelers36

14 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

The above is not only strange, but a bit alarming.  According to the official Princess Medallion pricing chart I was provided back in the summer, a 10-night cruise price is $70 pre-cruise (Personalizer) and the on-board price is only $75. 

What shows above indicates an on-board price of $85 before 25% discount!! I am wondering now if they have jacked up the on-board pricing?  Our Personalizer still shows the $70 pre-cruise price for Nov 7 (two voyages after yours).   Incidentally, a cruise we have just booked for 2021 (10-night Caribbean) also has a pre-cruise offer of $70 in Personalizer.

As for the 4-device plan, the price shown above reflects a $170 on-board price before discount (or $17/day).  The Personalizer price is $15/day or $150.  That seems normal.

Not sure what is going on, but I thought my numbers were correct.

The single device plan represents almost no benefit at all for Elites and Platinums when you compare $70 pre-cruise to a net $63.75 on-board (Day 1 special). 

Yeah that’s why I posted it because I was expecting the $59 price. 
The Medallion is not working on PC at all for drink orders etc. They are unable to get the system to work.  🙄

Back to the manual writing cabin numbers down for the orders.

49 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Platinum passengers do still get the gratis loyalty minutes I hope! We're sailing on the Crown in four weeks and I'm planning on using that. I don't have a need to have more minutes for my meager requirements. 😎

Edited by PaperSniper4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Platinum passengers do still get the gratis loyalty minutes I hope! We're sailing on the Crown in four weeks and I'm planning on using that. I don't have a need to have more minutes for my meager requirements. 😎

Yes - that is Option 2 which is not shown in the picture in the above post.  I am the opposite - 250 minutes never enough for me!

40 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Yeah that’s why I posted it because I was expecting the $59 price. 
The Medallion is not working on PC at all for drink orders etc. They are unable to get the system to work.  🙄

Back to the manual writing cabin numbers down for the orders.

So you were also surprised.  Don't like asking anyone to run errands while on a cruise, but if you have need to see Internet Mgr during the cruise, would appreciate if you ask him/her about any price increase recently for the on board amount.  I think when we are on board I will speak with the Captain's Circle rep and ask about this aspect of our benefits.  Curious what the Corporate line is on it.

Actually would expect $56.25.

4 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Yes - that is Option 2 which is not shown in the picture in the above post.  I am the opposite - 250 minutes never enough for me!

Some in our party lost a chunk of the 250 minutes during the Sign up when the system would not log them out. So now the struggle begins to get their minutes restored. 🙄

35 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Is PORT the red one?

20 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Hallway carpets are the same on the Star Princess.  I don't remember which side was red or green.

If you noticed, Colo wrote Port first and the red carpet picture is first. 

Port side navigation lights are red and Starboard side navigation lights are green and the carpet highlights reflect that.

Edited by steelers36
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

If you noticed, Colo wrote Port first and the red carpet picture is first. 

Port side navigation lights are red and Starboard side navigation lights are green and the carpet highlights reflect that.

Thanks...that’s a good way to easily remember which side of the ship based on the carpet’s trim colors. 👍

The port side cabins are even numbered...I remember that port, left & even all have 4 letters to know which side of the ship my cabin is located.  And in my youth being assigned to the starboard catapult crew that’s still firmly implanted in my brain by the USN...along with it being a ship and not a boat! ☺️

As I recall from photos the Sky has the same type of carpet design to make navigating the hallways (passageways) easier.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Some in our party lost a chunk of the 250 minutes during the Sign up when the system would not log them out. So now the struggle begins to get their minutes restored. 🙄

Thanks for that.....I will be extra cautious to verify I've been logged out. Or did they get an indication they were, but in fact they were not? I'd hate to have to spend time chasing down the ship's internet guru to get that straightened out.......

Doug

20 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks...that’s a good way to easily remember which side of the ship based on the carpet’s trim colors. 👍

The port side cabins are even numbered...I remember that port, left & even all have 4 letters to know which side of the ship my cabin is located.  And in my youth being assigned to the starboard catapult crew that’s still firmly implanted in my brain by the USN...along with it being a ship and not a boat! ☺️

As I recall from photos the Sky has the same type of carpet design to make navigating the hallways (passageways) easier.

25% of the time I go to the correct side and go the correct way down the hallway

25% of the time I go to the correct side, but start out the wrong way down the hallway

25% of the time I go to the wrong side , turn around, go to the other side and go down the correct way on the hallway

25% of the time I go to the wrong side, turn around, go to the other side and go down the wrong way on the hallway

I'm not too worried about that extra 30 seconds and steps ...

• Haha 2