Live from the Sky Princess Med Inaugural

dides

Just now, mjmalino said:

I was hoping that since they no longer allow you to use unused "punches" on subsequent cruises, that they would have brought that back.

IMO it was never really related to the coffee package and made no sense to me why they allowed it in the first place.  🤔

• Like 1

Seeing the bar menus gets me excited about maxing out my PBP!  LOL!

I haven't seen any mention of the soft serve ice cream place (swirls?).  The complimentary ice cream that is usually on the lido deck.

Thanks again!  Thoroughly enjoying this in anticipation of our upcoming sailing!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

I haven't seen any mention of the soft serve ice cream place (swirls?).  The complimentary ice cream that is usually on the lido deck.

Thanks again!  Thoroughly enjoying this in anticipation of our upcoming sailing!

Swirls is there but seems to be forever closed whenever we pass (port day or evening popcorn instead). We aim to visit tomorrow on our 2nd sea day.

Sandra and Chris

7 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Swirls is there but seems to be forever closed whenever we pass (port day or evening popcorn instead). We aim to visit tomorrow on our 2nd sea day.

Sandra and Chris

10 hours ago, FloaterBoat said:

I've never noticed before...Has gelato in the IC always had a cost?  Guessing I haven't paid attention because I was planning to get any.  I love gelato now, lol, so I'm bummed if all IC's charge for it.   Cones it is.

Yes

Recap on day 5

Well Chtis didn't have a great night so we decided to take it easy again. We had ordered another room service breakfast but Chris decided to just eat his pastries so most of the hot food was left untouched. We took advantage of the free suite laundry by filling a bag with tops, shirts and a pair of trousers. I popped out at 9 to hand it over to our steward as we weren't leaving the cabin for a while.

Then I got another smaller bag of our underwear and decided to launder this ourselves. To save my feet we headed to the Concierge Lounge so we could use the launderette next door. (We are so far forward it would be a massive trek each time to aft). I bought my tokens and set off the wash. It should have finished in 35 minutes but the light was still on and there was still water in the bottom an hour later! I had found a faulty machine! I called Reception and they promised a refund and to send someone up. I transferred to another machine and started over. The man put a note on the first machine.

20191024_142848.thumb.jpg.5423cfa325d02eee7d2515f55be55202.jpg

While in the Concierge Lounge we had a look at the La Mer menu they had on display and decided to book it for tonight. I used the Concierge phone to contact the Dine Line but the La Mer option kept ringing. On the 3rd attempt it was answered by someone in the La Mer bar - they had connected it to the wrong phone apparently. I had to go down in person and then they told me to contact reservations on deck 6 aft! Luckily a waitress came and put me through to the person in question. Clearly some teething problems here. 

Later we popped up the fitness centre, relaxed in the Piazza, got some more pics, ate some Gelato, had a nap and shower, went to the Elite Lounge and then ate in the Club Class Dining Room.

Chris had his usual French Onion soup and I had the Sesame Chicken bites.

20191024_190023.thumb.jpg.b2d8c9b4e50d3f12bbcf66670e76c015.jpg

Then Chris had the Moroccan spiced chicken and I had the somewhat bland Seafood Bowl

20191024_191701.thumb.jpg.8e50d3116cce264d16e104062741e6e3.jpg

20191024_191645.thumb.jpg.538799e36bd3ebc934ed74fe90e28f17.jpg

Dessert was the Creme Brulee and the yummy Crunchy Profiterole

20191024_194012.thumb.jpg.47513b76b9f4c02afee094e45522aa09.jpg

20191024_194006.thumb.jpg.a608ea3170900ef1b5e0f6f7976841dd.jpg

After dinner we had a look around the shops and then watched a new gameshow where 5 assistant CDs had to choose a passenger to provide answers on a topic but they had to bid first on how many they would get right e.g. 20 animals in a zoo, 8 types of milk. Points would be given it they guessed the correct number or given to the other teams if they failed. It was weird but fun.

After a break for drinks while they played bingo we came back to Princess Live! for a translated lyrics trivia game. This is where lyrics had been Google translated to another language and then translated back to English. This inevitably mangled up the words and we had to guess the artist and the song title. We were given the decade it became a hit. We were joined by a teenage lad who knew a lot of the more recent songs and we won with 32 points out of 32. The team in second got 26 and they had 6 members. More wine stoppers - for us anyway 🙂

On that high note we called it a night.

Sandra and Chris

Just looked at my travel summary for our 11/17 sky cruise.  There is a coupon book listed.  Did you receive one on your cruise. If so. What is in it?  Never received one before.  Wondering if the are worth using

What a fantastic voyage you’ve taken us on! I hope you’ve had as great a time as we have had 😃.

So sorry to hear that Chris has had a couple of bad nights. 

A few questions...

1. Do you know what time the Enclave area opens in the morning?

2. If you have been on the Regal or Royal, is there anything about them that you still prefer over the Sky?

3. Did the pool behind the buffet get well used? Did it make for a noisy area at the tables back there?

4. Did you happen to notice if the dinner buffet had a live station for pasta or for the Mongolian Grill?

5. Are there 3 USB ports? On the two lamps and TV? Is the tv one easily accessible? And two American plug ins? Two European? Aside from the bathroom shaver.

6. Does the wall behind the entry door still have a big sturdy hook? This is where I hang my over the door organizer. Are there any other such hooks? 
7. Did you notice, when you took pictures of the showers in the fitness room, if there were hairdryers in there or if there was a plug in for dryers at the counter?

Thank you so, so much! 

Edited by h-sar

1 hour ago, Denmal said:

Just looked at my travel summary for our 11/17 sky cruise.  There is a coupon book listed.  Did you receive one on your cruise. If so. What is in it?  Never received one before.  Wondering if the are worth using

If you used a TA, that would be the coupon book that actually has useful coupons.

Our TA has given us several the past few months. There's a coupon for BOGO dinner in a specialty restaurant on embarkation night and a coupon for a 1.3 liter bottle of water.

I didn't notice anything else that was useful for us.

You are doing an  outstanding service with your posts!!!

Booked for the scandinavian cruise in July....

We're in a mini suite, so anything about that would be great!

Any pics of the churchill's lounge?    

Outdoor smoking areas?

Thanks and keep em coming! Wifie and I are loving this thread!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Crown Cruiser said:

has there been any mention of a godmother for Sky Princess?

Cruise Industry News article from the 19th includes this sentence.

The ship is scheduled to sail a program of Mediterranean voyages before debuting in North America on Dec. 1, 2019 for sailing a season of Caribbean cruises from Ft. Lauderdale's Port Everglades, including an early December christening.

5 hours ago, Denmal said:

The OP is British , I don't think they receive such goodies ....

On 10/24/2019 at 11:08 AM, LoriPhil said:

Pistachio - excellent!  Looks like gelato will be on the menu after all.  Thanks for the info!

Be careful with your expectations here.  When we were on the Royal last October, the gelato was very good.  When we were on the Regal this past Aug./Sept. , the gelato was literally inedible!  Both my DH and I threw ours away after the first bite.  It was very disappointing.  So hopefully it was a horrible fluke on the Regal, and gelato will be good on other ships.

Pooh

I am really enjoying your "live from"!  We are embarking on Nov. 10 and will be on for 21 days.  We have late dining and I am wondering if that will conflict with the evening trivias and games.  I tried reading the patter, but the print is too small.  Do they have any trivias around 7pm?  How about after 9:30?

40 minutes ago, CruzinNoony said:

I am really enjoying your "live from"!  We are embarking on Nov. 10 and will be on for 21 days.  We have late dining and I am wondering if that will conflict with the evening trivias and games.  I tried reading the patter, but the print is too small.  Do they have any trivias around 7pm?  How about after 9:30?

They have trivia and games around 7pm but there have been some around 9:30 on a couple if nights too

Sandra and Chris

45 minutes ago, dides said:

Grabbed the MDR menus for tonight - day 6 (we ate at La Mer)

Noticed a Curtis Stone popping up here

*snipped pics for length*

Thank you for continuing to post menus!  Glad to see Curtis Stone options are still present, even if availability seems more limited than previous sailings.  I don't recall ever seeing a Curtis Stone starter option; something new to debut on the Sky before fleet wide rollout perhaps?

Minor question concerning Gelato:  On the Royal a couple years ago, we were able to order the 3 scoop sundae in the form of a banana split.  Could you see if that is still an option if you feel like stopping there again?  

Hope Chris feels better to get back to enjoying the vacation soon!

4 minutes ago, VersaliusPrimus said:

Thank you for continuing to post menus!  Glad to see Curtis Stone options are still present, even if availability seems more limited than previous sailings.  I don't recall ever seeing a Curtis Stone starter option; something new to debut on the Sky before fleet wide rollout perhaps?

Minor question concerning Gelato:  On the Royal a couple years ago, we were able to order the 3 scoop sundae in the form of a banana split.  Could you see if that is still an option if you feel like stopping there again?  

Hope Chris feels better to get back to enjoying the vacation soon!

The menu we saw did say port day in the small print so will pop by tomorrow- our last full day and a sea day.

We are so footsore and weary after Naples today but the French_75 at La Mer is certainly helping 🙂

Sandra and Chris

1 hour ago, dides said:

Grabbed the MDR menus for tonight - day 6 (we ate at La Mer)

Noticed a Curtis Stone popping up here

My 2 least favorite: mussels and pork belly.

Tried the pork belly on one of our cruises and it was literally a slab of fat. The waiter warned me, but I wanted to try it.

BTW Sandra: pascado amarillo posted about a phone app called "photo scan". She started using it and her pictures are 100% better. The menus and patters come out with just the desired item and no bobbles or wrinkles.

Edited by JF - retired RRT