Jump to content

How do I make sure I have MTD?


Recommended Posts

We booked our cruise with CostcoTravel.  On the Costco website for our dining option it says "Open My Time".  I'm not sure what the word "open" is referring to.  When I look at the RCI website under my cruise info, I can't find anything at all about our dining assignment.  Is there something I'm missing?  Something I need to do?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Our son booked through Costco, open my time means you have MTD with no set times being reserved. He went on the cruise planner and reserved his dining times.  This was several years ago on Oasis. 

 

That makes sense.  Just to clarify....If we want to show up any time we want within  the MTD hours (no reservations), we should just keep it the way it is, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, lola4795 said:

 

That makes sense.  Just to clarify....If we want to show up any time we want within  the MTD hours (no reservations), we should just keep it the way it is, right?

Right, There are two lines one for and on without reservations. No reservation line might be a slight wait at prime time. If you like your time, table and wait staff you can ask for it to be permanent all week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HicksRA said:

If you’re scheduled for My Time Dining, you can go to Dining in your cruise planner and there will be a link at the bottom to reserve dining times. 

That might be true for the OP since the sailing is fairly close, but may not be true for others whose sailing is further out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, squaremimi said:

Haven't been with Royal for quite some time.  When I booked the cruise, was told I can only have the early sitting for dinner which is 5pm.  I think that's too early and what should I do to change it to MTD?  Thanks!

 

If you cannot get it changed pre-cruise by making that request to whoever booked your cruise, then go to the MTD desk as soon as you board and request the change there.  Tell them you won't be using the Main Dining Room unless you get MTD.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

 

If you cannot get it changed pre-cruise by making that request to whoever booked your cruise, then go to the MTD desk as soon as you board and request the change there.  Tell them you won't be using the Main Dining Room unless you get MTD.

Thank you.  But where is the MTD desk?  Is it next to the main dining room?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lola4795 said:

 

That makes sense.  Just to clarify....If we want to show up any time we want within  the MTD hours (no reservations), we should just keep it the way it is, right?

Yes, you do not have to make reservations.  Royal will try to get you to do them, but my husband and I never make reservations.  We go eat when we feel like it.  That is the beauty of MTD.  For Symphony, in Dec, we are a group of 6, so because of shows we did make reservations.  But as a rule, with just the 2 of us, we show up when we want and never wait more than 5-10 minutes

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, squaremimi said:

Thank you.  But where is the MTD desk?  Is it next to the main dining room?

 

It's at the entrance to the dining room, on the deck where they have MTD.  Deck will be listed in the Cruise Compass, but I'd start on the lowest deck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, squaremimi said:

Thank you.  But where is the MTD desk?  Is it next to the main dining room?

yes, just go down to the dining area.  If you are on the wrong deck for MTD they will tell you which deck to go to. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2019 at 9:00 PM, squaremimi said:

Haven't been with Royal for quite some time.  When I booked the cruise, was told I can only have the early sitting for dinner which is 5pm.  I think that's too early and what should I do to change it to MTD?  Thanks!


I would ask your Travel Agent to put you on the Wait List for MTD right now.... and call every few weeks to see if there's an opening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2019 at 4:18 PM, lola4795 said:

We booked our cruise with CostcoTravel.  On the Costco website for our dining option it says "Open My Time".  I'm not sure what the word "open" is referring to.  When I look at the RCI website under my cruise info, I can't find anything at all about our dining assignment.  Is there something I'm missing?  Something I need to do?

If you are unsure, call to verify.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic's State of the Industry Report - Trends & Future Outlook
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...