Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
AK Dreaming

Epic Solo cabin question

Has anyone had solo cabin 12514 or 12515. They appear to be the only 2 cabins between the stairways and the lounge. Seems very convenient to the lounge but wondering if it’s very hectic with people coming in and out of the solo lounge  

1 hour ago, AK Dreaming said:

Has anyone had solo cabin 12514 or 12515. They appear to be the only 2 cabins between the stairways and the lounge. Seems very convenient to the lounge but wondering if it’s very hectic with people coming in and out of the solo lounge  

The lounge has significant traffic just a few times a day and almost never after early evening (in my experience).  I used to spend evenings reading in the lounge and there rarely more than two or three other people (and mostly none).  I don't think you will have a problem.  

Personally, I would avoid them. The issue isn't so much the use of the lounge, as that they are between two doors and across from the elevators. Keep in mind that the lounge itself is a passageway to and from the midship studio cabins.

I was looking into booking them and found mixed reviews - the older ones all said that it was noisy due to the interconnecting door slamming. The most recent one said the door closing mechanism had been adjusted and no longer slammed. 

I personally would be surprised if it was very busy - it has never been so on my past cruises and, while I wasn't as close to the doors as those two, I was only a few cabins down and never noticed anything.

I moved to 12517 instead, just in case. Virtually as close, but not on the same wall as the doors.