Miniature Golf on Symphony

ryndam

We just returned last week from Symphony. There is now a miniature golf course on Deck 12 where the motors for the now, inoperable glass roof used to be. The clubs and golf balls are located in an unlocked cabinet next to the putting course.

Rob

DSC05274.JPG

DSC05275.JPG

DSC05277.JPG

DSC05276.JPG

DSC05462.JPG

Edited by ryndam
added picture
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Noggins said:

Yay!

Ever since I was a small boy I have taken minigolf quite seriously. I'll have to consider taking my clubs next week now. You didn't happen to notice what par for the course is?

😀

Don’t think you’ll need to take many clubs to tackle that ‘short’ course!!!!  I was practising in the nets up on Deck 11 once and had a terrible urge to hit balls out to sea instead of into the nets!!!!   Would be great if they’d install a simulator - much more fun than just hitting balls into a net....😀😀

Anne...

• Like 1

Rob, nice photos.

I look forward to playing the next time we sail Crystal Symphony.

I do not play regular golf.  Over the years when I have been invited to play golf I pass along my regrets but indicate I would happily play miniature golf.  The closest I've come to that on Crystal ships has been to play in the golf putting tournament as part of the World Games on Crystal Serenity. Now I can play with the miniature golf golfers.  😀  Life is good.  😎

Keith

A great addition - I can see some “seriously competitive” tournaments happening with friends 

Now I wonder if I can get one of the Lido guys to provide a drinks service for on course refreshments 🙂 

Aren’t Crystal great at surprising us with little additions like this - very thoughtful of them 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

A great addition - I can see some “seriously competitive” tournaments happening with friends 

Now I wonder if I can get one of the Lido guys to provide a drinks service for on course refreshments 🙂 

Aren’t Crystal great at surprising us with little additions like this - very thoughtful of them 

Couldn't agree more !

Feel sure that Keith or yourself could easily fix the drinks service😀.

As for your observation as regards ''competitiveness'', not sure that this will be restricted to friends....

• Like 3

On 10/19/2019 at 1:47 PM, Jayayeff said:

Don’t think you’ll need to take many clubs to tackle that ‘short’ course!!!!  I was practising in the nets up on Deck 11 once and had a terrible urge to hit balls out to sea instead of into the nets!!!!   Would be great if they’d install a simulator - much more fun than just hitting balls into a net....😀😀

Anne...

Everything old Is new again...  I still remember Harmony’s old simulator, and agree this is probably an idea that deserves a revisit now that technology has improved!

DDB998FE-50AA-4D54-AAA0-A91FA98059F3.jpeg.d873df21494b3c0eb64b82eca162fcc4.jpeg

11D489A0-20D0-4E91-B5E4-7389E23A4BB7.jpeg.820f97470776ebe69690acf7987d3729.jpeg

Vince

Edited by BWIVince
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BWIVince said:

Everything old Is new again...  I still remember Harmony’s old simulator, and agree this is probably an idea that deserves a revisit now that technology has improved!

DDB998FE-50AA-4D54-AAA0-A91FA98059F3.jpeg.d873df21494b3c0eb64b82eca162fcc4.jpeg

11D489A0-20D0-4E91-B5E4-7389E23A4BB7.jpeg.820f97470776ebe69690acf7987d3729.jpeg

Vince

Crystal Harmony was before my ‘cruising’ time so I never knew they had ever had a golf simulator onboard.  The lack of one on the current ships is something that has always surprised me considering they still have a golf programme and golf pro on all voyages...🤔🤔

Anne....

4 hours ago, PaulaS8071 said:

We are avid golfers, so what exactly does the resident golf pro do? What should we bring, regarding equipment?

They will run various clinics during the cruise as part of the Enrichment programme - there are golf nets (as distinct from the mini golf course) that are used during the clinics or you can just go up and hit a few balls - this is included in the fare

They can provide private lessons by arrangement - at an additional cost

They may organise rounds at courses at some of the ports of call which guests can participate in for an additional cost

There are loan sets of clubs available for you to use if you like - or you can bring your own

7 hours ago, PaulaS8071 said:

We are avid golfers, so what exactly does the resident golf pro do? What should we bring, regarding equipment?

I wanted to add that the daily Reflections Program which you will get in your room each night for the following day (also available on line once you are on the ship) will note the time where the golf clinic is held.   

On Symphony Deck 12 and on Serenity Deck 6.

Keith

1 hour ago, angie7911922 said:

A miniature golf course, that is fun. That is a nice replacement idea. I see there are chairs also? I hope there are enough clubs. Looking forward to see it!

I don't think they'll need many - there isn't a lot of room there for many people to be playing at the same time!!!!  😀

Anne..

57 minutes ago, dbird said:

To be clear, does that mean that the glass roof is closed all the time?

The sliding glass roof is now inoperable. It is in a permanently, closed position.

Edited by ryndam
typo

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

and hopefully they’ve finally got the shading and air conditioning working in the area below including Silk - how did you find it?

We were just on a warm-weather sailing. Reflective film has been installed on the glass roof panels that greatly cuts down the glare and much of the heat transmission. And either additional A/C vents have been added and/or cooling capacity has been increased, or the area is "pre-cooled" prior to service, but Silk was very comfortable in the evening, and it was an acceptable temperature during the day when dining in casual daytime attire (i.e. shorts and short sleeved shirts). The few tables immediately opposite the Trident Grille were miserably hot; people were using them, but that area was stifling, in our opinion. The ambient temperature in Silk, especially when sailing in tropical climates,  is much improved since its initial introduction.

• Thanks 1