I will soon be leaving on my first Regent cruise and would appreciate some information.  These questions may have been answered before but didn't find them.

1.  Can you order drinks only thru room service or only in connection with a food order?

2.  I have seen comments on ordering a meal from room service by courses.  Is this available for only the higher staterooms or for all?

3.  Is it normal to tip for room service each time?

Thanks

15 minutes ago, cruisen cracker said:

I will soon be leaving on my first Regent cruise and would appreciate some information.  These questions may have been answered before but didn't find them.

1.  Can you order drinks only thru room service or only in connection with a food order?

There will be a mini bar set up in your cabin that can be stocked with a couple liquors and wine and beer and mixers.  But you can also order a drink from room service when you want one, doesn't need to be with a meal.

2.  I have seen comments on ordering a meal from room service by courses.  Is this available for only the higher staterooms or for all?

We have never done this by courses.  I am sure if it is a large meal, it can be requested by courses to keep the main dish from getting cold, but have not done this.

3.  Is it normal to tip for room service each time? 

Tipping for all services is included in the cruise price.  No need to tip for room service.

Thanks

Tips are included.  Do not tip extra unless the person you are tipping has done something clearly above and beyond their normal duties.  

You can order drinks anytime from room service, don’t need to order food as well.

and yes, you can order room service course by course, though we have never done this.

You can order off the MDR "Compass Rose" menu for room service. They will convert your suite coffee table into a dining table. Their menu is on the TV or you can call Room Service and they will bring that days  menu to your room. We have done this many times, particularly if in a nice port, and eaten on the balcony. (If you are in the very top suites you can order off of the specialty restaurants in addition.)

J

18 hours ago, JMARINER said:

You can order off the MDR "Compass Rose" menu for room service. They will convert your suite coffee table into a dining table. Their menu is on the TV or you can call Room Service and they will bring that days  menu to your room. We have done this many times, particularly if in a nice port, and eaten on the balcony. (If you are in the very top suites you can order off of the specialty restaurants in addition.)

Now I have a question.  The item about converting your suite table to a dining table.   Our first Regents cruise was on the Navigator about 8 years ago and the suite table was table height but small and for room service they brought out a table top that fit on the suite table to make it larger - Great.

This year, our Navigator cabin now had a table that was large enough for dinner service, and there was no table top in the closest.

We have been on the Explorer once and were in a G1 suite.  The suite table was a coffee table (low and small) and for room service there wasn't anything done to make the table more like a dining table.  Did I need to ask for this?