Cruise Critic Community
sun&sea

Sky clubclass minis M107 and M108

Would LOVE to see pictures of these cabins! We have one booked for February and have been in M107 on the Royal (and L108). Would love to see if there are any differences on the Sky. Maybe eventually someone will be kind enough to share some pictures!!! Can't wait!

Janet

I 2nd that please post pics if possible. We are in 108 for my birthday in April 2020 I’m super excited, giving up my suite this time for the awesome balcony. 😃

Ditto.  We have M-108, M-107 and M-106 coming up.  M-106 doesn't have the massive balcony that 107 & 108 do but they were sold out so quickly.  We'll have to "survive" with just a nice deep balcony on that cruise.  😁

One thing I am interested in is whether there is a curtain between the living room and the bedroom in M108. There is NOT one on the Royal or Regal, but there is one in L108, L107. Just wondered if the design had changed any. Either way, they are fantastic cabins! We are spoiled!

Janet

Thanks Gorilla girl, 45 is still closer than me 🤗 I look forward to everyone’s pics whenever they come lol

Thank you for the pictures!! I am looking forward to the room. Furniture on the balcony looks kinda small for the size of the balcony. Were there no full-sized loungers? Any furniture other than the 2 chairs, footstools?

Thanks again!

Janet

Just now, sun&sea said:

Thank you for the pictures!! I am looking forward to the room. Furniture on the balcony looks kinda small for the size of the balcony. Were there no full-sized loungers? Any furniture other than the 2 chairs, footstools?

Thanks again!

Janet

Mini balconies have all the same balcony furniture.

4 minutes ago, sun&sea said:

Thanks again!

Janet

No full size loungers.  Just the two chairs / ottomans and table.   I keep hoping they put a hot tub on this giant balcony!  😂  wishful thinking... 

1 minute ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Mini balconies have all the same balcony furniture.

I have had these minis on the Royal and the had teak full-sized loungers and a large table. 

Janet

Just now, sun&sea said:

I have had these minis on the Royal and the had teak full-sized loungers and a large table. 

Janet

But....you asked about the Sky right? Isn’t that photo from the Sky?

2 minutes ago, sun&sea said:

Janet

You’re right...looking back through my pictures... Regal has the full Teak set up.   Looking for my photos of Majestic, but I don’t have any of the balcony on my phone. 

DE3CFBC5-EAAE-4467-BAEB-E944C84DCDE5.jpeg

1 minute ago, LongToSeeTheSea said:

You’re right...looking back through my pictures... Regal has the full Teak set up.   Looking for my photos of Majestic, but I don’t have any of the balcony on my phone. 

DE3CFBC5-EAAE-4467-BAEB-E944C84DCDE5.jpeg

Yep! Just seems to fit better than the small stuff! Also didn't blow around much. Thanks again for posting your pictures! Excited for February!!

Janet

Thanks for the pics.  We're on Sky in M107 for 2 weeks at the end of March.  It's been our favourite cabin on Royal and Regal for a long time because of the balcony.  Surprised they don't have the loungers.  Maybe if we asked, they could bring some down?  Anyone tried that yet?

Boo & Madeleine

Thanks, "Longtoseethesea" for the great pictures.  Will be having this stateroom on our 18 day S. America cruise on the Discovery!  Couldn't get the WS, but this was next best!  The balcony is ridiculous!  Maybe it will make up a little for not being able to have those wonderful suite breakfasts!

Pooh

We were in the similar (huge, but smaller balcony) cabin L107 on Royal in October.  We loved the cabin and, when it's usable, the huge balcony.  I'll add two comments to what's already been said:

1. This area in close proximity to the bridge is a "dark space" meaning there are no ships lights on the main part of the balcony to allow for maximum visibility / minimum stray light interference.  This makes for FANTASTIC star gazing.  Close those curtains in the bedroom and you'll have a truly unimaginable view of the heavens.

2.  The sitting room in the cabin is relatively small.  I didn't measure it but it's something like 8 feet from the bathroom wall to the wall with the television.  Plenty for two, but if you had a 3rd person on the fold out it would be a tight squeeze to reach the restroom at night.  And oh yes there is a heavy curtain between the sleeping area and the sitting area.

Oh, and about the furniture, Royal had teak and this seemed like a sound choice.  The wind really whistles through at times and the 'standard' furniture could easily blow around.  I'm aware that later ships in the series don't have teak - but I think that decision may be a mistake.

We loved the cabin and would book it again anytime.

Edited by jondfk