Cruise Critic Community
Scrapnana

ms Zuiderdam in Port Everglades October 20, 2019

Sunday brings the Zuiderdam back to FLL where she will be embarking on a 10-day Panama Canal Sunfarer cruise.  She will be at pier 19 (starboard to) from 0545-1600.

image.png.fdd69c4e276e801e1a9c195326b0e7b2.png

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (21 Oct 0800-1500); Oranjestad, Aruba (23 Oct 1300-2300); Willemstad, Curacao (24 Oct 0800-1600); Panama Canal (Cruising Canal) (26 Oct 0500-0500); Colon, Panama (26 Oct 1500-2100); Puerto Limon, Costa Rica (27 Oct 0730-1700); Fort Lauderdale, Florida (30 Oct a0700)

Also in port are Adventure OTS at pier 29 from 0430-1730, Allure OTS at pier 18 from 0445-1630, and Carnival Magic at pier 26 from 0500-1530.  A few days ago Magic was at pier 4 and Zuiderdam at 26 - not sure what happened to change them.

The PTZtv webcams can be found at https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/ and https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/.

Next up:  Veendam on Wednesday, the 23rd.

Our second cruise with HAL mirrored this itinerary aboard Zuidy.  We have such fond memories of that cruise, so much so that my son and I will repeat it again in 2020 Christmas/New Year's on Volendam, the one HAL ship we have yet to sail. 

Edited by sevenseasnomad

4 Ships in on Sunday.  Ft. Lauderdale busier than it has been in several months.

3 minutes ago, Himself said:

4 Ships in on Sunday.  Ft. Lauderdale busier than it has been in several months.

The calendar is changing as is the cruise ships itineraries.  

I am glad to see more activity on the webcams for Port Everglades and Fort Lauderdale than I have  recently seen.

Maybe Zuidy needs to do something in the water next to the ship and the port decided not to put them in the ICW to perform this task. So moved them into #19 and that left #26 available for another ship - instead of tucked into berth #4.

I'm looking for some good looong toots tomorrow.

Edited by Happily@Sea

Thank you for the reminder!! We unfortunately have plans and will be at our daughters place and watching Eurodam

leaving San Diego port for her SAILAWAY 
Denise😊

Checking in early, don't know if I'll make it for sail in.

Thanks for the reminder Kathi.

Pretty sight this morning in Fort Lauderdale, indeed.

Per Captain Albert ‘s blog the reason for the switch from 26 to 19 is whichever pier Carnival was supposed to be at had  2 broken elevators, so Carnival got 26.

It's nice to see cruise ships in port again!

Smooth Sailing!   🙂🙂🙂

Yes, Zuiderdam is in port.  Am off the ship ready to re-board.  Finally I am getting warm again.  Off to HMC tomorrow!

Sigh .... another 74 days until I board the Koningsdam for a Caribbean Cruise, Jan 2.  And a LOT to do between now and then:  All Saints Day, Thanksgiving, Advent, Christmas Eve, and Christmas ... that's 11 Sundays, plus Christmas Eve services.  The good thing about being busy is that it makes the time fly faster!

I can't wait.

I'll try to be on the webcam and here to watch the Zuiderdam depart tonight.