Minimum Age for Separate Cabin?

forevercruising1

I have read all of the “fine print” I could find, but I have been unable to locate the information which states how old a minor must be to be in his/her own cabin, if cruising with his/her parents.

We are considering getting an inside cabin across the hall from us, so there is an additional bathroom, and a bit more room, but cannot find confirmation of the required age.

If any of you can shed light on this, it would be appreciated!

Thank you!  🙂

Edited by forevercruising1

16 minutes ago, forevercruising1 said:

I have read all of the “fine print” I could find, but I have been unable to locate the information which states how old a minor must be to be in his/her own cabin, if cruising with his/her parents.

We are considering getting an inside cabin across the hall from us, so there is an additional bathroom, and a bit more room, but cannot find confirmation of the required age.

If any of you can shed light on this, it would be appreciated!

Thank you!  🙂

From the cruise contract:

No Guest under 21 years of age is permitted to book a cruise, and any Guest under 21 years of age must travel in a stateroom with a Guest 21 years or older who shall assume responsibility for their care during the cruise. For family groups booking multiple staterooms, the minimum age for at least one person in each stateroom is 16 years of age, provided they are traveling with a parent or legal guardian. 

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/legal-privacy/cruise-contract.html

3 hours ago, Lovely other said:

Wow you can’t book a cruise under 21 even though your an adult ?!?  

Those are the rules.

I suspect it ist probably tied into their alcohol legal age limit of 21 (except on a few cruises in Europe and Japan).

37 minutes ago, kazu said:

Those are the rules.

I suspect it ist probably tied into their alcohol legal age limit of 21 (except on a few cruises in Europe and Japan).

Makes sense.  Don't key cards have all pertinent information about a passenger, including age?  If someone under 21 tried to order an adult beverage, wouldn't it show up somewhere in the system?  I don't know.  I'm asking. 

Edited by sevenseasnomad

17 minutes ago, sevenseasnomad said:

Makes sense.  Don't key cards have all pertinent information about a passenger, including age?  If someone under 21 tried to order an adult beverage, wouldn't it show up somewhere in the system?  I don't know.  I'm asking. 

Yes, I believe they do.