Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Trixie21

One Day in Bermuda

We are on a 10 day Bermuda and Caribbean cruise from New York at the end of July next year.

This will be our first time in Bermuda (we are from the UK) and we only have one day and I would appreciate some suggestions as to what we should see or do - some details below to give you an idea of our group.

The ship gets in at 7am and leaves at 5pm.

We are a family group of 9 people ranging in age from 11 to 79 - one family of 5 (kids 11 , 13 and 15) , and 2 other couples (one of the couples in their 70's)

We would like some beach time and a bit of sightseeing or shopping also , but we don't all have to do the same thing all day.

There is a limit to what you are going to be able to do in one day.  A good starting point for ideas is the Bermuda Tourism website. https://www.gotobermuda.com

Those who want beach time could go to Horseshoe Bay and do some shopping in late afternoon at the Dockyard. Sightseeing can be done with a taxi tour if 7 or less participate. There are other tour options if you want to include the whole group of 9. 

Charles4515 covered most of it.  Depending upon what tastes are there are Crystal Caves and Fort St Catherine that are very interesting as well.  Those are both quite the haul out past the airport though.  

If any of you would like to snorkel, then check out Mark Roberts at Under the Sea Charter.  He can take up to 12 on his boat.  It is a 3 hour snorkeling excursion.  Goes 5 miles off shore to the Blue Hole.  After that you can swim with turtles and go to shipwreck.  There were 8 of us a few weeks ago and we all loved the excursion.  We were the only ones snorkeling at the reef, which was beautiful.   You would have a few hours to shop around the dockyard after the excursion..  My daughter said it was her favorite excursion of our many cruises.   I imagine there will be more ships in Bermuda in July than we had the first week of October.  I booked  a few months before our cruise.  You can email Mark if you have questions.  We all loved Mark and his wife!