Celebrity Edge - Four Dining Rooms Introduction

Miaminice

As most of you know, Celebrity Edge has not one but 4 restaurants serving as Main Dining Room - Cyprus, Tuscan, Cosmopolitan and Normandie. There are many questions around the topic, so I thought I‘d post some info and pictures. 

Each restaurant is designed differently and smaller than the one big MDR on other Celebrity ships. The menu can be divided in three sections. 

1. The restaurants share the same rotating menu we are all used to. This part is the same in all four restaurants each night.

2. the Celebrity Classics available every day. 

3. a selection of signature dishes exclusive to the individual restaurant. They also remain the same every day.

The waiters will bring you a signature dish of the other restaurant if you ask for it.

If you opt for Select Dining you are free to choose your restaurant every night.

If you booked fixed seating you will be assigned to one of the 4 restaurants. You can try to change the assignment on board or speak to the Maitre to try the other restaurants.

I would like to add that we really enjoyed the new concept. The smaller dining rooms seem less rushed and more quiet than the large MDR. Usually we book Aqua to have a smaller venue. On Edge we didn’t even miss Blu.

I know some of you say the restaurants are not as grand as the standard MDR. Sure, if you see it that way...

However, they are more intimate. It’s a matter of preference.

Here are some photos of the restaurants and the part of the menu with the signature dishes (not the complete menu)

Cyprus

7839F87E-3C91-4959-B870-FA17ED8A7CFE.thumb.jpeg.bbeb20a31c5375afab70b8d067e7426d.jpeg

4C880663-4856-4B7B-AC06-50C5ADEB77A0.thumb.jpeg.8785c20a3fb1f516f9715b6295ddc8d6.jpeg

975F7787-4443-46DF-8761-1FA3BF35F721.thumb.jpeg.7ac3ac69b341b03fb8eb838a99f64394.jpeg

65FF1FC9-1A36-4AAF-AD8A-F9A9E71B25F6.thumb.jpeg.585fc1c15f2997200b7a1da7fa8acb59.jpeg

63F2806F-46DE-4528-8805-BD888569F3AD.thumb.jpeg.39fc85fd691b53eaba42546851a05285.jpeg

Cosmopolitan 

3415E9EC-6924-49C5-B6C3-AB97A62CEEBD.jpeg

F70C2BCB-72DB-43D0-BB06-C2F9E59AAC34.jpeg

AC284EDF-0ADA-4136-BE97-AC0EBF47A146.jpeg

44D144F1-95B4-423D-A385-881E0C5FC42F.jpeg

FA8841C1-93FE-444E-9230-C0B5E992FCA9.jpeg

9B33AB9F-EE75-4517-BA2F-6CE530946E77.jpeg

Edited by Miaminice
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

The waiters will bring you a signature dish of the other restaurant if you ask for it.

I didn't know that. That's great! I have traditional seating, and there are a couple of dishes from other restaurants that I would love to try. If I can have them without having to book into a different restaurant I will be thrilled.

10 minutes ago, finny2 said:

I didn't know that. That's great! I have traditional seating, and there are a couple of dishes from other restaurants that I would love to try. If I can have them without having to book into a different restaurant I will be thrilled.

Just talk to them. I didn’t know - I should better say expect that either. We were in Normandie the first night and our waiter told us that if we decided to stay with him, he could bring us the dishes Of the other dining rooms without a problem.

One night I asked an assistant if I could have the Greek Yoghurt dessert of Cyprus... she looked a bit puzzled, asked the waiter and he said „no problem“.

This reminds me to add that the restaurants also have a dessert menu with signature deserts. Unfortunately I did not take pictures of the dessert menus.

However, you might still want to try the other restaurants... just for the ambiance.

Edited by Miaminice

Thanks for this thread.  Very well done! Great photos, plus the  special menus ...very helpful.

Just in time...we will be  back on the  EDGE in a few weeks with 4 mdrs booked, 2 nights in each one.

Tuscan looks lovely but the menu for us might be the weakest.   Any Tuscan recs?

Just now, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, very useful. We'll be only for 4 nights on Apex, but so far, I don't see anything appealing on any of the menus... We have Select Dining. Might stick with the buffet😬

😮 🤔 well, each to their own I guess...

We loved the starters in Normandie. They were my favorites. My wife loved the ones in Cyprus. The crusted tenderloin in Normandie was delicious...

Plus, this is not the complete menu. There also the second page with the regular menu.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, hcat said:

Tuscan looks lovely but the menu for us might be the weakest.   Any Tuscan recs?

Not really... of the four It also comes in last for me. However, this is comparison on a high level! It’s still good.

Edited by Miaminice

Thanks for the great pictures and the notice of getting exclusive dishes from other restaurants - others have reported being refused - hope it is a consistent thing!  Normandie is so beautiful - that is the one I would choose, if had to do traditional dining. We are booked there a couple of times on the Apex, with one night when we are in Le Havre. 🙂

Here are the dessert menus (the exclusive desserts are at the top and stay the same each night):

Cosmo Desserts.pdfTuscan Dessert.pdfNormandie Dessert.pdfCyprus Dessert.pdf

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

Hi Oliver, Hope you and Brigit are doing well.  Thanks for the info about the Edge.  Just one question:

If these four restaurants are in place of MDRs, what does the notation "A 20% service charge will be

automatically added to your check" at the bottom of each menu mean?

Thanks and hope to see you again soon.  Mike and Mary

41 minutes ago, MikeMary4449 said:

Hi Oliver, Hope you and Brigit are doing well.  Thanks for the info about the Edge.  Just one question:

If these four restaurants are in place of MDRs, what does the notation "A 20% service charge will be

automatically added to your check" at the bottom of each menu mean?

Thanks and hope to see you again soon.  Mike and Mary

Hi there!

The menu also shows wine recommendations and the price. The service charge is added on those.

Edited by Miaminice

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, very useful. We'll be only for 4 nights on Apex, but so far, I don't see anything appealing on any of the menus... We have Select Dining. Might stick with the buffet😬

There will be the regular and Classic menu Choices, and appetizers can be made as entrees.   I'd try  to book advance res for one night at each one...It's a great opportunity to experience the decor, ambiance. and service.  We thought the dining on EDGE was a step up!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thanks for the menus!

I am truly puzzled looking at the descriptions why the chicken and the steak in Cosmopolitan are not gluten-free. 

As for desserts...looks like it will mostly be ice cream/sorbet or nothing. 😞 Not much on those other than that looks to be gf.

See your maitre ds...a bit ahead if you can.  They can be very helpful working with your food preferences

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks for the great pictures and the notice of getting exclusive dishes from other restaurants - others have reported being refused - hope it is a consistent thing!  Normandie is so beautiful - that is the one I would choose, if had to do traditional dining. We are booked there a couple of times on the Apex, with one night when we are in Le Havre. 🙂

Here are the dessert menus (the exclusive desserts are at the top and stay the same each night):

Cosmo Desserts.pdf 111.25 kB · 8 downloads Tuscan Dessert.pdf 104.13 kB · 4 downloads Normandie Dessert.pdf 126.2 kB · 4 downloads Cyprus Dessert.pdf 2.18 MB · 5 downloads

Thanks Vt,p cruising...,.very tempting!

49 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thanks!

Though in my case with being gluten-free it is an allergy and not a preference. (Not doing fish - raw or cooked - is a preference for me.)

Sorry.. I am diabetic but have not much experience with gluten issues. You can also contact the special needs or dining dept ahead to make them aware.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, hcat said:

Sorry.. I am diabetic but have not much experience with gluten issues. You can also contact the special needs or dining dept ahead to make them aware.

It’s ok. There are people who choose to be gf, so for some it is a preference. I do have gf noted on my reservation - my TA is great about making sure it is - and someone from the Captain’s Club line confirmed that in a phone call after I had emailed to ask about Eden and gluten-free (was told that it should not be a problem, but to visit them early in the cruise to discuss options). 🙂

Miaminice, thank you for explaining about the four different MDRs and their menus, you’ve set it all out so succinctly.

We’re doing a 10 night Apex sailing next May and have the early seating traditional dining and would like some suggestions on how to go about the different venues. We’re a family group of six and like to have dinner together, it’s when we talk about our day and experiences. Three of us are vegetarians too! I haven’t checked which restaurant we’ve been assigned to, but where would we find the best vegetarian options? 

Should we go see the Maitre D immediately after boarding to get tables at the other restaurants? Or take care of this much earlier? Seating six might be harder than two, isn’t it? We’ll also certainly do a couple of specialty restaurants too.

I look forward to your ideas, thanks 😊

On 10/21/2019 at 9:41 AM, prish said:

Three of us are vegetarians too! I haven’t checked which restaurant we’ve been assigned to, but where would we find the best vegetarian options? 

Should we go see the Maitre D immediately after boarding to get tables at the other restaurants? Or take care of this much earlier? Seating six might be harder than two, isn’t it? We’ll also certainly do a couple of specialty restaurants too.

I look forward to your ideas, thanks 😊

I have little experience with the fixed seatings. However, this is what I would do.

After your first dinner speak to the Maitre how the want to handle it if you want to try another restaurant. They will tell you how they can acommodate you the best. You can´t do it earlier since you don´t have select dining. Making "numerous" reservations in the other restaurants won´t work either since you have fixed seating. So just speak to them - they will do what they can.

All of the restaurants can offer vegetarian choices. With all the different complicated preferences and issues, I would think vegetarians are their easiest clientele... :-) For more complicated food allergies etc. I would contact the Special Needs Dept. before the cruise. 

22 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

All of the restaurants can offer vegetarian choices. With all the different complicated preferences and issues, I would think vegetarians are their easiest clientele... 🙂

You'd certainly hope so, but browsing sample menus on the app I was struck by the use of parmesan in the vegetarian option on several occasions, and that is not a vegetarian cheese.

There are Italian hard cheese alternatives, but you cannot call those parmesan as it is a controlled name.

So if vegetarian in the full sense of the word then I'd be inclined to pay close attention to their interpretation 🙂

Thank you Miaminice, you confirm what I thought, will check with the Maitre D as soon as we get onboard. 

Mark_T, we’re not fussy vegetarians and are okay with cheese and eggs, just no meat, poultry or seafood. On the other ships there’s also an Indian menu every evening, guess they’ll have it on the Apex too...

• Like 1